Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

Bataan

Guys,

I'm planning to go to bataan, ne tips about location of nice sceneries na mkikita sa bataan. I'll go there ksma isng friend :) tnx.

Comments

• ako din, gusto ko rin. kaya ata ng 1 day yun eh
  • Umm, sa Bataan ako pinanganak pero ikinahihiya siguro nila ako kasi wala ako masyado alam na pwede puntahan dun, hehehe.

Mt. Samat, yung bundok na may cross sa itaas. You can go up via an elevator. I think it's about 30 stories high so kita mo Manila Bay and the city of Manila from up there. Meron din museum. Malapit lang ito sa provincial capital. If I'm not mistaken, mga 30-45 minutes lang.

Montemar Beach is also in Bataan. Mga 1.5 hours yata papunta dun.
  • How To Get Here:

sakay kayo sa mga bus comanies na ito!!

Alladin Transit-Pasay
    Bataan Transit-Pasay/Cubao/Avenida
    Genesis-Pasay/Avenida
    Panter Express-Avenida
  • Or you can take the ferry from CCP. It will only take 45 minutes to cross Manila Bay to the pier in Orion.
  • how to go to Mt. Samat? san ba exact location nya? ano pa ba ibang places to see na malapit lang sa Mt. Samat?
  • whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ nadadaan yan pagpumunta ka ng MONTEMAR BEACH CLUB (which is about an hour from the vicinity through a "forested" road)
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ask the bangkeros to take you to Matikis Island. Crystal clear green waters, no waves, no rocks, powdery white sand--it's absolutely stunning. There's even a little forested area and a run off creak to the sea. My family's only regret was that they didn't buy that beach when it was first offered to us. I don't know who owns it now...
  • IceBurn: in matikis island, is there an inn or a hotel or somewhere to stay?
    ^^It's not developed.
  • Ice Burn, Where in Bataan is Matikis Island? Saan sumasakay ng boat going there? Is it open to the public?

Mobi & jillpot, For beach lovers, you can try Bagac -where Montemar and the others are, or Morong - part Bataan, part Subic, Zambales na rin. It's also fun to drive around Mariveles, dulo na ng Bataan peninsula. Bataan is shaped like a key, and there's a Free Zone in Marivels, doon ginagawa karamihan ng "imported" labels. I love going to Mariveles, miski small town lang tahimik and not too crowded. Nandun sa itaas ng bundok yung Hilltop hotel, an old one which used to be a favorite getaway of our parents during the 60s and 70s. Although not full of gimmick places, masarap pa rin mamasyal at magjoyride going around. From Mariveles and Limay, there are points where you can overlook Corregidor Island (it used to be part of Bataan, pero Cavite na yata ngayon) and watch its lighthouse. Maganda rin pumunta doon - lots of historical stuff to see, being a base camp during the WW2 - may hotels and resorts din dun and you can take a day trip/tour from CCP to get into a ferry boat going to the island.

You can get to Mt. Samat from the highway-turn from the highway corner that junction in Pilar - papunta din ng Bagac where the beaches are. Montemar used to be a big happening place during the 80s - bago pa nauso ang Boracay and Puerto Galera. Atop Mt. Samat, you'll find the National Heroes Shrine, where some war veterans are buried. Ther's also a spectacular view of the whole province and you can even see Manila on a clear day.

In Balanga City, the capital, there are hotels, bars and restaurants- not too fancy but atleast may mapupuntahan din. May mga fastfood shops din.

I spent my childhood summers in Orion, Bataan. One thing i like about the province is that its a good mix of being tahimik and just a little modern. Atleast hindi kasing crowded nung ibang provinces. For other gimmick cravings, you can always drive going to Subic (mga 30 to 45mins from Balanga) or San Fernando, Pampanga, or, take a ferry boat ride going to CCP, Manila (45 mins).
    like I said it's undeveloped. The local bangkeros know about it...I don't know if it is still open the the public because I've heard some scion bought Matikis Island. I just don't know who that scion was...

and if you know someone who lives at NPC Village, you can ask them to get you inside Fish Lab beach. It's right inside the never been used Bataan Nuclear Power Plant. It's another great beach.
  • Last time I went back home to bataan was 3 years ago pa.

Dunsulan. When I was in highschool, my classmates would go there. I don't know what happened to the place. Falls siya and untapped talaga. It is a long walk but quite worth it. Nature at its finest. Other than that, there is really not much to see.

Dun din siya sa way papuntang Mt. Samat, if I remember it right.

DancingQueen I am also from Orion. :)
  • Ice Burn wrote:
    like I said it's undeveloped. The local bangkeros know about it...I don't know if it is still open the the public because I've heard some scion bought Matikis Island. I just don't know who that scion was...

and if you know someone who lives at NPC Village, you can ask them to get you inside Fish Lab beach. It's right inside the never been used Bataan Nuclear Power Plant. It's another great beach.

but where in Bataan is Matikis Island nga? As in from which town do you have to ride a boat to get there?

NPC Village? Fish Lab beach? It's in Limay right?

Leih1234, I spent my childhood summers sa San Vicente, and then my relatives moved to MelLuz and Sta. Ana. Tiga-saan ka? Yung falls na binggit mo nakapunta na din ako dun - muddy road going there - as in kawawa ang car dahil sa lubak at putik. San pagandahin pa nila yun kasi sayang :-)
  • Maganda yung beach sa Morong. Malapit pa sa Subic, pero there's like 11-km of dirt road. Tiisan lang.
  • cloudnine12cloudnine12 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hmmm..

san yung Matikis Island?

im originally from bataan eh, born and raised up there.. kaso nung college and nung work na ko, dito na ko tumira sa manila.. im quite familiar sa mga places dun kaso yung iba na malayo samin dko na alam. im from orion kasi.. anyway, in case you have some q's ill try my best to help :)
    We used to hire bangkeros from Balanga to go there...
  • jarmen kelljarmen kell PEx Rookie ⭐
    up ko lang

website ng orion
    http://www.udyong.com/
  • jarmen kelljarmen kell PEx Rookie ⭐
    mountsamat.jpg

bataan3.jpg
    Mt. Samat
  • wala bang nagpaplanong magpunta dine?
  • spiderdianspiderdian PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    im working here at mariveles. meron maga2ndang beach d2, lyk Uain, Luzong, and Talaga. White sand din d2. Pero walang Inn dhil di pa sya developed. Ok lang. Mas maganda ung natural na ganda nya.