Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Boracay in August?

I have some free time to spare in August and was thinking of going to Boracay, just to take it easy, but al the travel guides advise against travel between June and November as the weather is so bad, Typhoons etc.

Can anyone give me 1st hand advise?

Also, which the best accomadation in the "low season"

Many thanks

Comments

• whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    :down:
    * unpredictable weather
    * night life non-existent most of the time
    * "big waves" in the white beach area

:up:
    * very big discounts on accomodation
    * it becomes a "private beach" most of the time
    * more relaxing
  • istarbaksistarbaks PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the last time i visited boracay was september. the weather was great except for some sudden occasional rainshowers (for like, 10 minutes) in the afternoon. but after the short rain, the fair weather would back again. and yes, more relaxed and cheaper.
  • Joey23Joey23 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I go to Boracay in between seasons. Last two days of October and first day or two ng November.

So pagdating ko dun tahimik pa and mura pa ang accomodations, I don't go there on a package, pag low season you can just go there without accommodation, pag baba mo pa lang ng bangka marami ng lalapit na mag ooffer ng accommodation.

So after a day or two unti unti dumadami na yung tao, so maeexperience mo rin ang Bora with a crowd.

Aside from the beach yung pagkain na sa palngke yung binabalik balikan ko... yung mga set meal sinigang, inihaw na pockchop, calamares and coke for two for only 200pesos.

Enjoy!
    all of my boracay trips were durign the off peak season. july and september. planning to go to boracay this august. :glee:

almost all accommodation durign the off peak season are at a discounted rate. one doesn't need to stay in luxury (hotels,etc). a palce to rest,bath and sleep is what accomodation is for.
  • Thanks to you al for the info. Still undecided. May do Thailand and visit Boracay when I'm sure to get decent weather.

Thanks again though
  • This might convince you to go to boracay. These photos were taken by someone during peak season May - June and Last week July or maybe August. You'll notice the empty beach at the end.

http://www.stberlin.com/view.php?ArtID=35
  • Wow, nice photo. We were there this May. MIss the place already. We also stayed at Casa Camilla. Accomodations are about half price this time
  • Any comments/feedbacks on the ff:

1) Sand Castles Resort
    2) Nigi Nigi Nu Noos
    3) Club 10

Thanks!
  • Originally posted by whyte
    all of my boracay trips were durign the off peak season. july and september. planning to go to boracay this august. :glee:

almost all accommodation durign the off peak season are at a discounted rate. one doesn't need to stay in luxury (hotels,etc). a palce to rest,bath and sleep is what accomodation is for.

Hi there Whyte,

Seems like you're the person to ask about BORACAY. where do you normally stay when you're visiting the island? Of course the best BUCK for you mula. give me naman 5 resorts you would recommend. AC preferably and clean and near the beach - less ingay at night. hoping for a nice 3 week stay.

Looking forward.

-unica
  • Ok ba Club Panoly? Meron kasi kaming "time-sharing" account doon e!
  • Originally posted by elyserva
    Ok ba Club Panoly? Meron kasi kaming "time-sharing" account doon e!

Club Panoly is very nice. Ideal if you just want to stay in the Resort and enjoy thier amenities. Which is nice and great area for a secluded beach.

It's far from the islands action. You need to arrange shuttle ride to get to the middle of the action (stn 2/3)

-u
  • hello pexers...

am planning to go to boracay this sept. it's my 2nd time, but the first time i've been there was in 1993 pa. so it's been 11 years....

anyways, i found out that PAL has their PALakbayan packages to boracay, and it's really cheap. costs around 6k++ and that includes airfare, land/sea transfers and accomodation. good deal if you ask me.

so this is their list of hotels/resorts
    Boracay Gold Crown Club
    The Sun Village Beachfront Resort
    Surfside Resort & Spa
    Sandcastles Boracay
    Lorenzo Resorts South
    Boracay Regency Beach Resort
    Nami Private Villas
    Fridays
    Escondido

any feedback on these hotels? i wanted to try the nami private villas, but its at diniwid beach, i dunno if this is still within the boracay stretch.

i'd really appreciate it if you could post some feedback. thanks in advance!
  • Originally posted by riaqt119
    hello pexers...

am planning to go to boracay this sept. it's my 2nd time, but the first time i've been there was in 1993 pa. so it's been 11 years....

anyways, i found out that PAL has their PALakbayan packages to boracay, and it's really cheap. costs around 6k++ and that includes airfare, land/sea transfers and accomodation. good deal if you ask me.

so this is their list of hotels/resorts
    Boracay Gold Crown Club
    The Sun Village Beachfront Resort
    Surfside Resort & Spa
    Sandcastles Boracay
    Lorenzo Resorts South
    Boracay Regency Beach Resort
    Nami Private Villas
    Fridays
    Escondido

any feedback on these hotels? i wanted to try the nami private villas, but its at diniwid beach, i dunno if this is still within the boracay stretch.

i'd really appreciate it if you could post some feedback. thanks in advance!

hello - Boracay Regency is in the middle of the white beach. Nice hotel and clean. Nami if situated in Diniwid Beach is far far from the white strip where all the action occurs BUT the their strip is very very nice - if you purely want to enjoy the sand and water.
  • Nami is really great. but since it's a high-end resort, it's still very expensive even during off-peak. i asked for a quote just the other day, it's still $300++ for a 3D/2N stay.
  • Originally posted by bishop
    Nami is really great. but since it's a high-end resort, it's still very expensive even during off-peak. i asked for a quote just the other day, it's still $300++ for a 3D/2N stay.

wow! that expensive?!? PAL has a package, around 10k for 3D/2N stay. you might want to check out www.philippineair..com for their travel promos.

but then again, nami is far from the main beach, so might as well stay where all the action is...

how about escondido or boracay gold crowne? are these resorts ok?

thanks again for the feedback!
  • hello riaqt119! here's the thread about boracay that can answer most of your questions :)

Everything About Boracay
  • Hello riaqt119!!.. Im also going to boracay this september around the second week.. Were plannig to stay at NAMI as well because of the view..

Do you have any more info about the place and also do you know if there are other travel agencies that offer cheaper packages... and offer a different air carrier.. it would be more convenient sana to travel with Asian Spirit cause it flies directly to Caticlan...
    Originally posted by unica71
    Hi there Whyte,

Seems like you're the person to ask about BORACAY. where do you normally stay when you're visiting the island? Of course the best BUCK for you mula. give me naman 5 resorts you would recommend. AC preferably and clean and near the beach - less ingay at night. hoping for a nice 3 week stay.

Looking forward.

-unica
    :hiya: been only to boracay TWICE :glee:

most of my posts are in the EVERYTHING ABOUT BORACAY thread so see you there sa trhead.

PS. hindi natuloy ang boracay ko this august :(
  • I miss Bora!!! huhuhuhu:(

:cool:
  • Originally posted by unica71
    where do you normally stay when you're visiting the island? Of course the best BUCK for you mula. give me naman 5 resorts you would recommend. AC preferably and clean and near the beach - less ingay at night. hoping for a nice 3 week stay.

Looking forward.

-unica

I went 3 times last year...

Chez De Paris ST2. Room 3 or the room above it. 2 queen size beds huge room - 1,500 a day during peak season. Off season, I think is 700.

Cystal Sands ST1 1,300 off season great location as well. 3k peak

Try Casa Camilla also