Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

International Destinations Without Visas

What international destinations without Visa requirements can we go to? I'm planning of going to Egypt Feb or March next year, i heard that Filipinos don't need to secure an Egyptian visa to go there. Is this true? What other countries hold the similar scenario for us Filipino travellers? This info should make travel-hungry PEXers hop on that plane and travel the world with ease :) Just imagine the time and the effort needed to secure a Visa. Help!!!

Comments

• I'm not sure about Egypt. I think we need a pre-arrival visa to enter that country. You can stay in any SEA countries for 30 days, HK for 14 days, and for 90 days in Brazil without a visa.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I believe that the ASEAN member countries have an agreement to let its member's citizens visit each others' countries for up to 90 days without Visas.

So that means you can visit these countries for up to 90 days without a Visa.

Indonesia
    Thailand
    Malaysia
    Singapore
    Cambodia
    Laos
    Myanmar
    Brunei
    Vietnam
  • COPPERBOOM! Thanks Masquerade and Ice Burn! I hope I don't need to secure a pre-arrival visa to Egypt, too tied up with work to do all the procedure. Brazil?!? Whoa! That's neat. ASEAN countries, of course :) Thanks, again!
  • I just checked with the Embassy of Egypt and they said they require visa for entry to Egypt. And Masquerade, yeap, Brazil does not require a visa for entry. Should you know more countries that do not require visa for entry, please share and post, thanks!!! :D
  • 90 days
    Bolivia
    Colombia
    Ecuador
    Israel (but you can NEVER enter Lebanon once you've travelled to Israel)
    Morocco - whooopppeee!
    Peru

30 days only if entering by air
    Guatemala
  • Originally posted by makeit_good
    I just checked with the Embassy of Egypt and they said they require visa for entry to Egypt.
    yes, visa is required. i've just visited egypt.
  • oh my, morocco!!! where do u get these info? or are you just well-travelled? :) hmm, i see that most are in south america, any mediterranean or european (we wish, hehe!) countries? who knows? ;)
  • Except for Panama (pero super dali kumuha visa naman), almost all Latin American countries are visa-free. Oh, we don't need visas to visit Cuba and some Caribbean countries. :)
  • istarbaksistarbaks PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by makeit_good
    oh my, morocco!!! where do u get these info? or are you just well-travelled? :)
    what i usually do is ask the country's embassy/consular office. i tell them that i am a philippine passport holder and i want to visit their country. then i would ask what do i need to get a visa. they'd simply say if i do not need a visa.
    it's very easy and reliable because you get the first-hand info.
  • Originally posted by Masquerade
    90 days

Morocco - whooopppeee!

30 days only if entering by air
    Guatemala

this caught my attention...ano ba meron sa morocco? :teehee:
  • Originally posted by blue_jay_el
    this caught my attention...ano ba meron sa morocco? :teehee:
    I have met several people who went to Morocco while I was in Spain (apparently, Spain is being used mostly as a transit point for those visiting Morocco) and all of them said it was amazing. Not one discouraged me to visit it in the future. All of them actually insist that I should go there and squeeze it in my itinerary. From souks to mosques to the desert and of course the people, they said it was great although one Aussie that I met said that Casablanca is not worth a visit - not even a day. The people, they say, are really friendly. It's normal for the people to go up to strangers and talk to them unlike in Europe (and north america) where people just mind their own business. Fez seems to be the most popular town in Morocco for travellers so I guess you need to make sure you visit it when in Morocco.

Contiki apparently does a Morocco tour if you're interested and within age limits. This was what the Aussie guy did. He didn't know if he can handle the "chaotic" environment or the lack of infrastructure for travelling to do it on his own (well, he's from Australia which is quite a change from Morocco). The others that I have talked to did it on their own and they managed just fine.
  • Use Casablanca only as your transit point. There's nothing in Casablanca and the place is just tatty. There's only 1 attraction that caught my eye in Casa and its the King Hassan II Mosque. It is the 2nd biggest mosque in the world. A tour inside will cost 100 dirhams and a large part of the mosque is not accessible if you're not a Muslim.

Spend most of your time in Fez, Marrakech, Essaouira, Agadir, Chefchouen instead.

Fez is Magical. It is the old capital of Morocco and it has one of the world's biggest walled city. Fez is the very city patterned to Aladdin and the Arabian Nights. There are, literally, thousands and thousands of narrow lanes so you definitely need expert guides to take you around. Fez is the intellectual and spiritual heartland of Morocco. You'll see a LOT of very ornate ports, mosaic artwork and very important Islamic Institutions. The only real bummer is you need to be a Muslim to enter mosques and Islamic schools. Inside these institutions you'll discover breathtaking artwork and intricate carvings that date back 11th-12th century.

Marrakech is sensational. The 'pink city' still retains the hippy-esque air. It is set on a spectacular backdrop, the Atlas Mountains.
    Outside the 'kasbah'(the wall where the OLD city is encapsulated and separated from newer developments) everything is quite developed. One of the most prominent things you'll see as you enter is Mcdonald's (that wasn't a welcomey sight for me). In the high season, you'll find, literally, thousands and thousands of visitors crammed into this city. Obviously, tourism is the main livelihood and without it the city will suffer immensely. The real treat in Marrakech is the 'Djemaa El Fna', a plaza inside the kasbah where hundreds of food stalls, orange juice squeezers, herbalists, acrobats, 'berber' tribes people, henna tattoists, con artists, tourists, touts, pimps, hookers, food afficionados and the odd monkey or two congregate at night to form one of Africa's most loveliest hangout.

Their soukhs have an incredible array of texture, aroma and colours, and a trip to the spice and carpet shops are a MUST.

Word of caution: Moroccans are renowned to rip off EVERY TOURIST so bargain hard. Deflate prices (the ones that seem exorbitant) by as much as 10 folds then work your way up. Its handy to speak French or some phrases in Arabic as you'll be blessed with a very warm reception. If you're a filipino with the slightest chinito features, they will ALWAYS think of you as a Japanese tourist. Don't let them categorise you because they love the Japs. To them, theyre easy prey for quick buck. Tell them that you're from the Philippines and they'll roar in delight because they see the Abu Sayyays as their BROTHERS. I know its weird, but just let them eat their cake and have a piece of that meriment too.
  • Tonga
    Costa Rica
  • :flower:

Morocco! :wow:

One of my dream desti!

kasi dun galing si OLIVIER MARTINEZ baka maraming gwapo dun na kamukha nya!!

Ang babaw eh no:bounce:

but seriously that place is really nice i saw it in geographic!

How much do i need ba to go there?

kasi wala akong nakikitang packages na papuntang morocco eh!
  • Hi! :wave:

"paki" ng friend ko here. kailangan ba ng visa to china ang mga taong may blue passport? 'di ko alam ang isasagot ko kasi green ang color ng passport ko eh...:rolleyes:
  • How about for US citizens or green card holders? What destinations can be gone to without visas?
  • XiamenBoyXiamenBoy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes you need a Visa to enter China.
  • Originally posted by Mr. Baseball
    How about for US citizens or green card holders? What destinations can be gone to without visas?
    For US passport holders theres a visa waiver agreement between the US and a lot of nations, so travelling to countries that are part of this program need not visas to enter. Places like:

EU countries
    Switzerland
    UK & the British Isles
    Ireland
    Scandinavia
    Australia
    New Zealand
    All of South East Asia
    Japan
    Korea
    Some African Countries(ex. Morocco, South Africa)
    South America
    Carribean (Except for Haiti and Cuba)
    Middle East except for ex-communist states
    South pacific

You're usually given 30 days entry, some places like Australia are more generous with their time allowance (90 days).
  • Originally posted by starfish07
    :flower:

Morocco! :wow:

One of my dream desti!

kasi dun galing si OLIVIER MARTINEZ baka maraming gwapo dun na kamukha nya!!

Ang babaw eh no:bounce:

but seriously that place is really nice i saw it in geographic!

How much do i need ba to go there?

kasi wala akong nakikitang packages na papuntang morocco eh!
    :glee: Moroccans have such interesting mix. Theres the Berber (aboriginal) influence mixed in with the Arabs, the French and the Spanish. So its not a struggle to find many Olivier Martinez's around. :D

The Living Cost- for a 2 week backpack from Tangier to Essaouira staying in hostels I would budget at least P1,500+ a day (depending how good you bargain).
  • Originally posted by BaLdoMarO
    For US passport holders theres a visa waiver agreement between the US and a lot of nations, so travelling to countries that are part of this program need not visas to enter. Places like:

EU countries
    Switzerland
    UK & the British Isles
    Ireland
    Scandinavia
    Australia
    New Zealand
    All of South East Asia
    Japan
    Korea
    Some African Countries(ex. Morocco, South Africa)
    South America
    Carribean (Except for Haiti and Cuba)
    Middle East except for ex-communist states
    South pacific

You're usually given 30 days entry, some places like Australia are more generous with their time allowance (90 days).

Does this also include green card holders? How about Canada?