COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Marj Ho - p0werpuffgirl (R.I.P.)

I have received a message earlier tonight that a WONDERFUL friend, a fellow sister in Christ, and an unforgettable PExer has already passed on to a better place. She's 21 years old.

Marj Ho has died of leukemia and this piece of news has taken me and some of her friends online by surprise. A wake in her honor has started tonight and is being held at the Bonifacio Chapel inside the Manila Memorial Park in Sucat, Para?aque, other details to follow.

She's loved by all who knew her and despite her short life here on earth, she has made a deep impact on the lives of those who knew her. She wasn't ashamed to be called a follower of Jesus and her faith was a shining example to all of us. No doubt her reward in heaven will surpass everything we could hope or imagine. This is what she has written about herself in her Friendster account:
i am in love with my Savior. my purpose in life is to honor God in every way i can. my deepest desire is to know Jesus in a deeper level. my passion is to fulfill the calling my God has for me. my goal is to bring the good news to the ends of the earth. i look forward to meeting my Creator face to face.
It's also without question that God Himself looked forward to meeting His lovely daughter face to face. Thank you Marj for everything and we'll all see you again later. :wave:

* Those of you who would like to view her Friendster account and read her friends' testimonial about her may do so by clicking this link: http://www.friendster.com/user.php?uid=2753392

Comments

• beefeaterbeefeater Banned by Admin PExer
    Holler me up to The One Above, marj. Though due to some reasons we were not able to see each other face-to-face, at least I had the chance to know you online, you amongst the first Pexers I have known (especially when I was using another nick)...you have put up with me back then...but what I cannot forget about you is your dedication to the Lord.

See you at the crossroads, at the flipside. :)
  • brownpaubrownpau Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Sad, yet at the same time joyful, news. Prayers and condolences to her family and friends.
  • green gringreen grin Member PExer
    she will be missed. but i take comfort that we shall see her again, healthy and smiling, at the other side of eternity.

give Jesus a hug for me, marj.
  • sweet_angel79sweet_angel79 Mommy Ni Maiah PExer
    I will miss this gal... one of the few pexers I was able to connect to...She's my "I Kissed Dating Goodbye/Boy Meets Girl" buddy. She's been my sister in Christ online...
    I am very eager to see her in person but I guess, we'll just see each other in heaven...:)
  • milkymanmilkyman mahiwagang elesi PExer
    marj,

sabi mo sakin pupunta ka dito. meet mo kami ng asawa ko. i just talked to you a couple of weeks ago. :( marj, napalapit ako hindi lang sa asawa dahil sayo, pati na sa diyos. alam ko natutuwa ka doon at madami kang napasaya sa buhay. sabi mo sakin meet mo kami. marj. :(
    marj.

alam mo di man kita napasalamatan ng lubos. gusto ko sana makita ka at sabihin sayo kung gaano mo nabago ang buhay ko. di ko akalain na ganyan pala ang kalagayan mo. sana man lang sinabi mo. ang bigat ng loob ko. kahit ngayon na wala ka na, may naituro ka na naman sakin.
  • green gringreen grin Member PExer
    i was touched by your post, milkyman. ginawa lang ni marj ang utos sa kanya ng Diyos. you'll see her in the future, my friend, because i know you've accepted Jesus as lord and savior. she's with the one she loves now. while we miss and grieve her loss, we are happy for her.

god bless you, terry.
  • lover_spreadlover_spread Banned by Admin PExer
    condolence to the family of marj...

I never met you in person, though I've seen you here several times in PEx and i just want to say, We Will Meet Again... :-)

:ghost:
  • QuentinQuentin Montejo PExer
    the passing of a life is always sad, especially for those who still have a lot of to live life for and for those who knew what their life's purpose is.

my condolences
  • OrinjadeOrinjade Member PExer
    my condolences to the family...
    see you on the other side marj! :stolenkiss:
  • expectantheartexpectantheart Member PExer
    Originally posted by milkyman
    marj,
    ... alam mo di man kita napasalamatan ng lubos. gusto ko sana makita ka at sabihin sayo kung gaano mo nabago ang buhay ko. di ko akalain na ganyan pala ang kalagayan mo. sana man lang sinabi mo. ang bigat ng loob ko. kahit ngayon na wala ka na, may naituro ka na naman sakin.

hello brother, hindi man lang nasabi sa atin ni marj ang kalagayan niya because "biglaan" ang lahat. she was first diagnosed with dengue, if m not mistaken a month ago. tapos naging anemia, but when she was transferred to the Asian Hospital, doon nalaman na pneumonia. she wasnt able to tell us na kasi all this time she's confined na. although some of us her churchmates (vcf) intended to visit her, hindi pa allowed.

then later on na lang nalaman na leukemia. according to her brother who's also a good friend of mine, hindi masabi kung she has leukemia before pa, or it was only a complication ng dengue. but they witnessed how strong marj's faith is. kahit nasa ospital, pinilit niyang tumayo--- commanding her body to get well, commanding the sickness to leave. she was praying aloud and even spoke in tongues.

during the times na may tube siya sa mouth, their communication is by having marj write what she wants to say. she even planned to watch what's on the mla filmfest with her older brother, nagbilin din ng pasalubong when said brother went to bangkok. unfortunately, hindi na nagkaroon ng chance ibigay ang mga pasalubong... but what the heck! andaming pasalubong pagdating niya sa heaven! kasama ba naman niya ang Lord of Lords and King of Kings! wala ka nang mahihiling pa! hehe.

for those of you who want to visit her, as kartoonista posted above, nasa bonifacio chapel siya sa mla memorial park along sucat, paranaque. we were there yesterday (sunday). and i'm sure having you friends around can help bring comfort to the family.

we love you, marj!
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    Thank you Marj for showing me what it means to fully trust in the Lord. When the Lord called you back here, you obediently followed. You left a comfortable life in Canada to be the Lord's instrument to your family. And indeed, He has been faithful to the promises He made to you.

You used to call us "citizens of heaven." How the angels must've rejoiced when you became one. You are finally home.

Love you Marj. I'll see you again.
  • joe_higashijoe_higashi C-fundaMetalist PExer
    nag guest sila samin dati kasi friend nya worship leader namin... nagkakilala kami lalo dito sa Pex sa LCM forums thread Born Again Christians on Love :sad:

medyo sayang din di na kami nagkita ulit. :(

...tolive is for Christ and to die is gain.

Philippians 1:21
  • aajaoaajao Moderator PEx Moderator
    my sincere condolences to her loved ones.
  • einein My Redeemer lives! PExer
    2 Corinthians 5:8-9
    We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
    So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

:wave: Bye, Marj! See you, sooner or later. :)
  • shox920shox920 Slightly Green Minded PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    See you at the crossroads So you won't be lonely..... Bone Thugs n Harmony
  • OliverWood21OliverWood21 Quidditch Captain PExer
    My deepest condolences. :(
  • Tee_Z28Tee_Z28 Member PExer
    Shax! 21 is too close to home... Praise God for Marj's life, though... A life lived to glorify God to the last breath...

CONDOLENCES to her close friends and family...

and yep... party on sis... you're in a better place now...
  • AdamantiumAdamantium Banned by Admin PExer
    It is in dying that we are born to eternal life. ---St. Francis of Assisi

Welcome home.

Your Father in heaven welcomes you with a loving smile on His face.
  • trixxietrixxie i detest labels PExer
    :( i am so sad to know about marj's passing. i remember, andre introduced me to her and we had many many interesting conversations in msn. i'm still in shock! this is the first i've known about this.

marj, i know you are in a much happier place. thank you for allowing me to know you. i'm so grateful. i still remember our chats; your music. your laughter....
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    I may not always agree with this girl (not like Ms. Sacro) but I still wish her well... wherever she's going...

Tell the Big Boss I said "hi", my dear!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file