Home PEx Relationships The Singles Scene

how would you react when a stranger approaches you?

in this day and age, when a guy (or girl) comes up to you, introduces himself, with obvious intentions (he or she is attracted to you), how would you react? would you entertain him/her?

for me, i think if he projects an overall decent appearance and intelligence, i think i would... although i would be very guarded (think manson or hannibal, hehe)

http://pinkchocolate.proboards12.com/

Comments

• BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Nopes.

It actually freaks me out.
  • In this day and age, I don't think it will be safe unless you have a friend who knows him/her or if you're in a club.
  • hhmmm well lets see if it is in rockwell glorieta robinsons libis eastwood and he is cute , maputi, tall, lean at maganda katawan at obvious na me pinagaralan sa galaw and the way that he speak...well oh yeah i would certainly say hi and would want to know him more...this meeting will be jsut about conversations i wil not go anywhere without other people around with him...safety purposes...
  • You can always entertain and strike a decent conversation with this girl... then assess... is she worth my time...if yes then give her your number... if not then a thousand reasons to have that grand escape. :)

CSK
  • i go around and scream all over the place. Relax. Then go back...then smile and say "HI." :rotfl:
  • helminhelmin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ok ...lemme seee....

Sa pinas malabo pa ito...lalo na kung babae ang lalapit...pero trip ko to gawin minsan...heheh for the fun of it, malas ko lang pag napahiya ako...
    pero pag ako hiningan di ko bibigay...lalo na kung places gaya ng mall o MRT o jeep o bus...FREAKY!!!

kasi pag may nang hingi ng number mo at binigay mo...iisipin nila cheap ka...pero pag type ko talaga...bahala na...heheheh
  • Well, di naman actually lumapit yung girl saken ... here's my story:

I was sitting and eating alone sa McDo sa Robinson's Metro East then all of a sudden lumapit saken yung manager ng McDo. "Sir, may nagpapabigay sa inyo ng number na 'to tawagan niyo po daw, crush ka daw niya eh"(or something like that), binigay saken yung cellphone number, landlyn saka name ata on a piece of paper. I left the fastfud place and was thinking whether to call or not, di ko pa kasi nakikita yung girl eh, kakatakot.

Di ko na siya natawagan ... nawala ko na yung papel ... O__o
  • joeblack1231joeblack1231 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Originally posted by BadGiRL
    Nopes.

The nick's misleading then. :P

I wouldn't mind at all. It would be a refreshing change form the standard "kelangan yung guy ung mauna mag-approach" credo of Filipino relationships.

In fact, sometimes its hard to try to start a random conversation with someone you just saw and you find attractive. People think you're a staker or you're "weird". Jesus.
  • in today's situation, minsan freaky rin ang mga gantong pangyayari....
    one time, aantok-antok akong sumabay sa bus, nang may biglang umupo sa aking tabi na guy, I would say na okay naman ang itsura nya, kaya lang malikot sa upuan kaya nagising ako, eh hndi na ako agad makatulog, tapos bigla nya akong kinausap, so syempre sumagot naman ako ng tama, pero i have this thought running at the back of my mind, "ok lang kaya ito, dapat ko bang kinakausap ang stranger na ito..." habang kinakausap ko sya as in attentive ako sa mga daladalahan ko, hinawakan kong mabuti ang bag ko, kc naman baka i-hipnotize nya ako or whatever... sa napanahong ganto hndi ko alam kung napa-paranoid lang ako or what..... tapos hiningi nya ang number ko natural hndi ko binigay pero binigay nya pa rin number nya, tapos sabi nya save mo naman sa fone book mo khit hndi ko na lng daw bigay # ko. sabi ko memorize ko n lng, kc naman noh baka style lang nya un para ilabas ko ang cell ko sabay agaw (hahahaha paranoid nga talga!) as the conversation went along smoothly buti n lng nauna sya bumaba..... pag baba nga i already forgot his #, ewan ko ba feeling ko okay naman sana syang tao, frendly naman kaya lang hndi mo talga maiwasang mag-isip ng kung anu-anu lalo na't nagulat ako nun......
  • marco_1marco_1 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by BadGiRL
    Nopes.

freaks u out? maybe u can change ur nick to GoodGirl! hehe jk
  • zalvajezalvaje PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hmm.. if manlilimos probably not.. pati na den yung mga family first agents hahaha :D
  • since hs, strangers wld often strike a conversation with me. freaky, yeah, but i treat everyone nicely. never akong nagsuplada coz i don't want to offend anyone, lest they might do or say something bad. but i try ease out of the situation as gently as i can if i don't like the other person. if i find him ok, well, that's another story hahaha. but seriously, i don't give my number or my real name to strangers. mahirap ng mabiktima. nowadays, it's so hard to trust anyone.
  • Originally posted by BeccaAnne
    in this day and age, when a guy (or girl) comes up to you, introduces himself, with obvious intentions (he or she is attracted to you), how would you react? would you entertain him/her?

for me, i think if he projects an overall decent appearance and intelligence, i think i would... although i would be very guarded (think manson or hannibal, hehe)

http://pinkchocolate.proboards12.com/

depende sa mood ko eh...

minsan kahit na super perfect ang approach ng girl i'll just ignore her

minsan kahit super palpak naman ng girl i would entertain her

ofcourse, may minimum requirements ako other than my mood.

im available

im in "battle mode" o "hunting mode"

im not too drunk

im not with my barkada

im bored

the environment is proper

she is proper and nice

she meets my minimum requirements or she falls under my exemptions (she doesnt need to be beautiful!)

she must a good conversationalist

etc... eto lang naman mga important
  • If she's a girl, I would just ride along and see how far it goes. Back in 2000 a girl did approach me at the lobby of a hotel, an educated one at that but after a few dates I learned she's a Lepanto miner. If they're guys (gays), I would just find ways to end the conversation. Happened twice, at Robinson's Galleria and QC Sports Club. Speaking of beggars, I was stopped by a tall black man at the bridge separating the north and south of Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago on a cold afternoon. He approached me like, "I don't mean any harm but could you spare me a dollar so I could feed my child?" Kinabahan ako tuloy dahil malaking egoy, kulit-kulit pa. He even tried to make me feel guilty that by not giving him a dollar I would leave his child hungry. I declined giving him a dollar and had to say sorry a few times before I could walk away.
  • depende sa topak.

usually nman tama akong magbasa ng tao. cocky no?

so, if i don't feel intimidated, why not? there's always room for one more friend.

but if sa first impression pa lang napa-praning na ako, i know how to refuse politely. then if he/she/it(?) insists, i run fast!

and might i add, sometimes i do this approaching and making friends with strangers thing. i get a 4 out of 5.
  • i'd be scared i guess. i had a bad situation in the past
  • k lang naman for me to talk to the guy as long as i find him decent and maayos sha magspeak pero after talking for awhile , alis nadin ako
  • QuentinQuentin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i'm always prepared with these kinds of things :D
  • for me, me time na gusto ko mkipag kilala, im a decent person naman, pero nauuna yung hiya ko, hehehe. baka kasi dedmahin ako :glee: