Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

BBQ recipe [Merged]

i love barbeque! problem is, di ako marunong magtimpla ng marinade, that's why i couldn't make! anyone know how to? i need your help, thanks! :)

Comments

• try mo to

beef
    minced garlic
    chili powder (kunti lang kung ayaw mo ng hot)
    olive oil (konti rin)
    cilantro
    soy sauce
    ground pepper
    ok rin lagyan ng lemon pero di ko nilalagyan

tell me what u think

• i like barbeque too, specially yung nabibili sa kalye (hehe).

anyway, i experimented so i can make it at home, and here's what i came up with:

pork (in small pieces, para ma-skewer mo, and make sure na merong konting taba, para mailagay sa dulo ng stick)
    bamboo skewers
    soysauce
    calamansi (pag wala akong mahanap na calamansi, i just use toyomansi or the knorr seasoning calamansi flavor)
    chopped onions
    minced garlic
    dash of salt and pepper
    vinegar
    7up or sprite (just half a cup)
    a little bit of ketchup (para mas may color)

Put the bamboo skewers in very cold water. Let it stay there for around 30 minutes (this prevents it from burning during the grilling process).

Marinate the pork in soysauce, calamansi, chopped onions, chopped garlic, 7up or sprite, vinegar, salt and pepper and ketchup. I usually marinate it for 3-4 hours pero maganda rin kung overnight.

Skewer the meat, and then grill over charcoal. Brush it with the remaining marinade while turning it from time to time.

Serve with rice or fried rice, with atchara on the side!! Masarap nyang sawsawan is yung vinegar na merong sili and garlic and onions.

Hope this helps!

• ako i just marinate it in pinneaple juice or coke just to get it tender. If you're using a real barbecue grill then it's great to marinate. Kaso if you're doing the barbecue in the oven, medyo mahirap. Dinadaan ko nalang sa basting sauce pagkatapos. i also find that 325 degrees F for 3 to 4 hours is ideal for getting the meat tender (wrapped in foil if in oven).

BBQ basting sauce:
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1/2 an onion, chopped
    1 tbsp tomato paste
    1 tbsp ketchup
    1/2 c brown sugar
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp cracked black pepper
    1 tbsp worstershire sauce
    1 tsp soy sauce
    2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
    salt and hot sauce to taste

saute the garlic and onions until fragrant and transparent. add in tomato paste and ketcup. cook for 30 seconds. Dump in the rest of the ingredients and thicken to desired consistency with cornstarch dissolved in cold water. Baste in last 10 minutes of barbecuing.
  • mochikun,

i tried your recipe, sarap din!! thanks.
  • pa share naman ng masarap na BBQ recipe

tenks!
  • In a mixing bowl, dissolve brown sugar in SM BONUS (This is what I am using ) Soy sauce and kalamansi extract. Marinade the meat for four hours. DO NOT OVER MARINADE THE MEAT. IT WILL HAVE A CHEMICAL REACTION AFTER FOUR HOURS.
  • :) tenks!

how much soy sauce? and wat will happen if over marinated
  • AliAli PExer
    Marinades often have acid in them. Calamansi, vinegar, etc.

The acid, aside from being flavorful, breaks down the fibers of the meat, making it more tender and helping the flavor permeate more deeply. This is also the reason we put acid in kinilaw to 'cook' the meat.

However, the chemical reaction's pretty violent, and after a while, the meat may begin to break down too much. This causes the meat to lose its meaty flavor, and gives it an unappetizing dry, sometimes even papery or powdery texture. Sa madaling sabi, nagiging sapal. Left even longer, it might even turn the whole mixture into a slimy, disgusting substance.

So marinade at room temperature for only 4 hours at most. I actually recommend 1-2 hours.

In the refrigerator, the reaction is slowed, so you can leave it for around twice that time, even overnight.

To slow the acid reaction further, use less acid or add oil to the marinade. (Equal amounts of oil and acid can make the marinade last 1-2 days...)

It's not necessarily true that the longer you marinade something, the better it tastes. Unless the marinade has no acid, and is salty. Spice rubs are also good if you plan to keep meat for a long time.

For barbecue marinades, I often experiment. Here are some I've tried. I actually like them all:

1. Adobo-inspired. Heat a cup of soy sauce, 1/2 to 1 cup of brown sugar (depending on your preference), half-a cup of vinegar or calamansi juice, and a head of garlic, crushed over low heat, until the sugar melts completely.

2. Super easy, nice for kids, RED. Mix 1 bottle 7-up, 1 bottle banana ketchup, 1 cup soy sauce.

3. Sweet and gooey. Heat 1 bottle tomato ketchup, 1 cup pineapple juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 cup soy sauce, 2 large onions chopped until onions are soft and sugar has melted.

Black pepper/chili is optional in all the recipes. I add 2 Tbsp. cracked black pepper. My dad never adds pepper.
  • :) tenks ALI i will try ur recipes soon
  • Pa share na rin po pala ISAW recipe

salamat ng many!
  • AliAli PExer
    I forgot to add this to my barbecue recipes. For some reason, adding 1/2 cup cooking oil to the marinade prevents the barbecue from sticking too much to the grill, but makes the barbecue oilier. Siyempre. Plus, the 7-up in recipe #2 is actually optional. But it's supposedly a tenderizer.

Sa isaw, may malaking problema. Pork isaw is notoriously difficult to clean properly. I've never done this myself, but my mom described it in detail. You have to mash (lamas) the isaw in salt, then rinse it several times, turn it inside out, lamas in salt, then rinse again and again and again and again... You get the picture.

After that, you have to put it in a pan of cold salted water and then bring the pot to a simmer, and let the scum rise to the surface. After some minutes of that, you discard the water. TO be safe, you should put new cold salted water, and bring the pot to a simmer again. Repeat as desired.

If you don't do it correctly, lasang tae at sobrang mamantika daw ang isaw. I think the stalls get away with just rinsing the isaw well and parboiling (banli).

For me, it's not worth the time and effort, kasi mura lang at sobrang sarap ng isaw sa U.P.

Pero kung gusto mong gumawa sa bahay, I guess you can clean the isaw then use any of the barbecue marinades. Or you can just grill the cleaned isaw as is, or marinated in plain vinegar. Maybe with garlic and onion. (It's been salted already when you cleaned it.)

Oo nga pala. You can air-dry or sun-dry (for 4-8 hours) then deep-fry isaw. Chicharon bituka!
  • tenk you!
  • pls help me make a good pork bbq
  • hmm ... i don't have measurements but here are the ingredients para magka-idea ka:

Barbecue marinade 1:

Banana ketchup
    Soy sauce
    Seven up or sprite
    Brown sugar
    Small amount of vinegar or calamansi
    garlic
    Black pepper
    Bay leaf - optional

or

Barbecue marinade 2:

Soy sauce
    Brown sugar
    Garlic
    Black pepper
  • thanks bakafool. I'll try the 1st marinade tomorrow.
  • Instead of brown sugar, use honey. Also try this, add 1 tsp of instant coffee for each kilo of meat.
  • Hmm ... coffee eh? That's sounds interesting.
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pork BBQ Ribs.

This should be served in slabs.

Boil ribs in a big pot of water for about 15-20 minutes. This serves three purpose: (1) it cooks the inside for those who worry about the "cleanliness" of the meat since it is pork; (2) cuts down BBQ time; and (3) softens the meat - you'll find out when you bite down. Let dry (or rest the meat) for about 5-10 minutes then put it on the BBQ grill. Cooking time depends on the amount of heat from the pit. While cooking, you can smother the meat (generously) with your favorite BBQ sauce (retail or homemade). When you start eating the ribs, the meat should come out easily from the bone - like butter. Enjoy! :D
  • here's what i do, i just pour the meat with mama sita's bbq marinade and then i add crushed garlic, ketchup and brown sugar. while grilling the bbq, brush it with the remaining sauce.