COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

what has god told you

rickymrickym Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
in another thread this came out

pollywog said:
"God talks to EVERYONE! ALL THE TIME. The question is not to whom God talks, but who listens.

You're saying it just doesn't seem probable that God would speak to a 'normal' being eh?

This is the root of every problem we experience in our lives-for we do not consider ourselves worthy enough to be spoken to by God!

Think, how can we ever expect to hear his voice if we don't/can't imagine ourselves to be deserving enough to even be spoken to?!"

when we pray, or meditate, we all assume that we talk to god, we all assume that we listen and get answers. how about writing here what we think god, our inner self, our subconscious or whatever has told us in deep prayer or meditation. the answers could have come in the form of a voice, a vision, or simply an insight.

i guess i have to start
1. god(for lack of a better word) is sometimes or even frequently misrepresented.
2. although there may be absolute rights and wrongs. a lot of rights and wrongs are dependent on the time, the place and the culture.
3. right and wrong is not judged from whether someone got hurt, but whether you got hurt. why would you want to hurt yourself, because you are ignorant.
4. when you hurt someone, you hurt yourself because you and him are one.
5. a 'sin' may be committed the moment a bad intention is thought of, thoughts are considered things with weight.
6. deluding yourself and stating you are good in hope of feeling good so that you will go to heaven is a 'sin' because you are lying to yourself. lying to oneself is a 'sin'
7. too much emphasis is being placed on doing good works and little emphasis is on disciplining the mind.
8. when the student is ready, the master will come. not all students are ready, do not try to change their mind. better luck next life.

Comments

• gekokujogekokujo Original Fire PExer
    Originally posted by rickym
    This is the root of every problem we experience in our lives-for we do not consider ourselves worthy enough to be spoken to by God!
    The real problem is that some people consider themselves "worthy" of being spoken to by God but do not consider other people worthy - the real root of that problem is why should people think that God discriminates bet. worthy or unworthy anyway? – if one really considers everyone “worthy” enough to be spoken to by God, shouldn’t one also assume that God IS speaking to everyone already?

And if a person really believes in God, and believes that God is speaking to everyone everywhere at this very moment, shouldn’t that person consider God’s act of speaking to his creatures as God reaching down to our level already? – so that if some people are so weak of faith that they can’t imagine themselves deserving of being spoken to by God, then God would simply reach down that little bit lower, just so we could hear; is God so conscious of lessening the gap between God and his creatures? – how can the Infinite be diminished?

- on the flipside, if one is assuming that some people cannot hear God just because they feel they don't deserve to, why would one then assume that those who do hear God are able to just because they imagine they deserve to? - even if one judges that person a billion times more "worthy" than the person who cannot hear, would that make a difference in the face of the infinite distance between that "worthy" person and God? Can anyone but God bridge the gap between God and her creatures?

Maybe the real question is not whether we could hear or be spoken to; maybe it's about what we're supposed to be hearing.
  • behemuth101behemuth101 Member PExer
    para sa akin... ang Diyos ay palagi na riyan.... pero if palagi mo SIYANG KINAKALABAN baka sa huli if you need Him ... dedmahin ka rin Niya... Like in my Sudden and near death experience... ala pipigil sa inyo kahit ano kasamaan gawin niyo... pero if God will have to punish you ... hinde na Siya magdadalawang isip... unless there will be a intercessor for you.
  • roelallenroelallen La Champe ?lys?enne PExer
    God speaks to us through His prophets, and they are contained in the Holy Bible. God also speaks to us through the Holy Ghost, the blessed Third Person of the Trinity. All we have to do is to heed their "still small voice" and be inspired.
  • DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    God once said: Go forth and multiply! Man took it literally and started fooling around with women... ....other than his wife.
  • p.i.joep.i.joe Member PExer
    how does one distinguish if it's really God that is talking to you or simply just your concsience.
  • IscharamoochieIscharamoochie Moderator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    "when you are talking to God, you are praying. when God talks to you, you are schizophrenic" :D
  • p.i.joep.i.joe Member PExer
    i think you're right! :wink:
  • Strawb203Strawb203 I'm not from Baguio PExer
    I hear God when I tell myself and others the truth. Then better things seem to unfold.

*palmtree*
  • BadAssGoddessBadAssGoddess Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    if you believe that God does exists then you wont get confused if He's really listening to you or what... :)
  • durmstrangdurmstrang Member PExer
    i dont know if this is off topic or not, but i might as well put it here since i think this is what God wants to tell me.

i was watching devil's advocate for the nth time and i always thought it was a good movie. but i was wrong, it was great...

the part that totally moved me was the part when reeves killed himself and pacino almost died instead it was his daughter who died. and then it hit me that it was the exact opposite Jesus Christ did.

Lucifer was trying to convince his son that God is just looking at us and his the one whose mingling with the people. But God will NEVER sacrifice the life of His people for his own sake. (i think you might know what's coming but i just like to say it here, i'm feeling like i'm spiritually reborn and i'm sorry if i'm dragging you to this.) God send His only son to save us from our sins. i'm just hoping that i wont disappoint God.
  • JongaJonga Banned by Admin PExer
    He said that He is dying, because we murdered Him
  • "shrug it off"
    "nandyan na yan, wala ka nang magagawa dyan"
    "get a grip"
    ":D "
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    God told me...

"LIFE SUCKS! YOU EXIST TO UN-SUCK IT! NOW STOP DEPRESSING ME!"
  • bobslackerbobslacker sole ruler PExer
    Noah, Abraham, Isaac... all of them started out with God speaking to them. All their first encounter is in a form of a command(with a promise). I don't know how, but His will was made known one way or another. I believe everybody, and I mean everybody, hears from God. It is just a matter of who is willing to obey.

Most people make jokes about God speaking to man. But to those few who are unworthy yet willing, God is ready to create huge miracles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file