Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Ooohhh The Sweetest Thing

what can a guy do to make a girl feel she's the luckiest girl in the world? (specific dapat)

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It depends on what type of girl the guy likes. If you like the ultra-feminine, romantic type of girl, the usual flowers/chocolates/gifts on an ordinary day, or being extra-gallant to her would make her feel she's lucky to have you.

On the other hand, if you like down-to-earth or no-nonsense females, you have to find out from friends what her "weak spot" is. Helping her with her work, or taking time off from your schedule to maybe drive her around would probably be more appreciated than roses.

Different strokes for different folks, di ba?
  • Well I figured out a scenario....

...We are out having a date (a not so formal one) and there is a piano in that restaurant: He asks to be could excused for a while.....then I hear our music playing in the piano and when I turn around I see him playing and when the music is done, he announces to everyone that the music was for me and as he nears our table he draws out from his back 3 red roses and hands it to me!

I think that would be the sweetest thing I could ever imagine! :)
    I read this article about this widow na actress--I think it's Candace Bergen, but I'm not really sure; anyway, it's not important who she is--her husband Louis Malle died of a chronic illness (cancer)--the thing was, he promised ata to send her roses everyday when they weren't married yet. So after he died, Bergen started getting roses...turns out that Malle made a provision in his will, allotting enough money to give Bergen flowers for the rest of her life.

If that doesn't make her feel like the luckiest woman in the world, then I don't know what will.
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Ira: Yep, it really depends on the people involved. Here are some of the sweet things a guy can do for a girl:

1) Prepare a candle-lit dinner, yung siya yung magluluto ha!
    2) Ask a bunch of friends to sing with him. It would be nice if the couple had a theme song...
    3) If the girl is working, he can send flowers every two weeks or something. I had an officemate before who would receive flowers weekly from her boyfriend.
  • I remember an interview John Tesh had with Conan O'Brien regarding the most romantic thing he has done. He said that he once took his wife to the airport, hopped on a helicopter which dropped them off in the middle of nowhere (some forest or hill or mountain or something). And right there in the middle of nowhere was a candle lit table with champagne. So his wife and him spent the night there all alone with nature (the helicopter left)...

Of course according to him also, they had a terrible time with the mosquitoes so I dunno if the wife was impressed...
    My cousin went to Canada on a whim to surprise his girlfriend, because she was complaining to him that she was bored during her vacation there. I thought that was pretty sweet of him.
  • u can melt a girl's heart by:
    - making a song for her and singing it to her... aww...
    - love letters
    - bringing her stuffs out of the blue like flowers, cakes, chocolates, food, baloons
    - when i was having my practicum, this guy just keeps on surprising me with flowers and cakes delivered in the office
    - when he went some place he had flowers delivered and love notes after he left and recorded all my fave songs
    - giving her moral support when she needs it
    - helping her with school works or office works...
    - overseas or long distance calls
    - accompanying her to simbang gabi
    - offer a ride or fetch her wherever she is kahit commute pa
    - sweet surprises
    - treat her like a lady, be a gentleman in every way
    basta to name a few.. tama si peps, it's teh little things...
  • the first few replies were too expensive. (helicopter?!) the first time i gave flowers i gave a dozen roses. it turned out she hated roses. then lately i tried catching butterflies cause she said it's been a while since she has saw one but it was too hard with only my bare hands.
    little specific things. :)
    and how do u make those smileys?
  • ohhh... ang dali lang pala nung smiley
    hahahaha ;)
  • say i love you sa harap ng madaming madaming tao.
  • BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    dantedawg : wow! i'll definitely melt pag ganoon...provided that i love the guy back in return of course! pag hindi magtatago na ako!
  • Back in highschool, there was this girl that i was courting, but she wouldn't give me a "yes", mag-hintay daw ako. I was getting a bit impatient so i came up with a plan. I picked a random weekend during the school sem, organized a surprise party complete with food, balloons and flowers, at her bestfriend's house. I then invited all of our mutual friends to help me surprise her. I got her bestfriend to convince her to come to her house unaware of the party. When she walked in, we all greeted her with a "surprise!". Tapos when she said," Ano 'to, it's not even my birthday?" I replied by handing her some roses and saying," Wala lang, just wanted to tell you that I love you."
  • jepoy: Wow! How sweet!!!! I guess naging yes naman ang answer nya noh? If I were in her place, grabe, maiiyak siguro ako! :)
  • For me..i think the sweetest thing a guy can do for a girl is love her for the rest of his life ....... :)
  • bout three years ago when i was still in hs, some guy had a boquet of baloons delivered to my classroom. that really made me smile.

but then, the sweetest thing a guy has ever done for me, actually two yon but i cant make kwento bout the other one, was an attempt at poetry. it was personalized cos it was like a summary of how our friendship and love(haha!) blossomed so i knew that it wasnt borrowed from some book. what makes it really nice was the fact that it was sooo unexpected of the guy. he was like the type of guy u never thought had that sensitive side.

NWAY, I REALLY THINK THAT NO MATTER HOW SWEET YOU ARE TO THE GIRL, SHE WOULDNT FEEL LIKE THE LUCKIEST PERSON ALIVE IF SHE DOESNT LIKE YOU BACK! like one time, some guy gave me a huge winnie the pooh stuff toy (that he claimed was his son...whatever!) at some party. medyo embarrassing cos it was in front of all my friends. nway, dba merong naka-attach na tag sa stuff toys? don sa item code, nilagay nya "143" tus don sa price nilagay nya "my heart". all my friends went "awww..." cos they all had a crush on him. i, on the other hand, couldnt care less. feeling ko at that time was like ano to, balak mo ko gawing yaya ng anak mo?! o feeling mo anak natin c winnie d pooh?! yoko nga magkaroon ng bobo na bear na anak! (sorry to all pooh fans)
  • bout three years ago when i was still in hs, some guy had a boquet of baloons delivered to my classroom. that really made me smile.

but then, the sweetest thing a guy has ever done for me, actually two yon but i cant make kwento bout the other one, was an attempt at poetry. it was personalized cos it was like a summary of how our friendship and love(haha!) blossomed so i knew that it wasnt borrowed from some book. what makes it really nice was the fact that it was sooo unexpected of the guy. he was like the type of guy u never thought had that sensitive side.

NWAY, I REALLY THINK THAT NO MATTER HOW SWEET YOU ARE TO THE GIRL, SHE WOULDNT FEEL LIKE THE LUCKIEST PERSON ALIVE IF SHE DOESNT LIKE YOU BACK! like one time, some guy gave me a huge winnie the pooh stuff toy (that he claimed was his son...whatever!) at some party. medyo embarrassing cos it was in front of all my friends. nway, dba merong naka-attach na tag sa stuff toys? don sa item code, nilagay nya "143" tus don sa price nilagay nya "my heart". all my friends went "awww..." cos they all had a crush on him. i, on the other hand, couldnt care less. feeling ko at that time was like ano to, balak mo ko gawing yaya ng anak mo?! o feeling mo anak natin c winnie d pooh?! yoko nga magkaroon ng bobo na bear na anak! (sorry to all pooh fans)
  • It's so wonderful to look for new ways to tell each other
    you love each other, but I really do believe that the little
    everyday things can't be forgotten either. Replying to letters,
    telling and showing someone how much you miss them when they've
    been gone for a week, putting everything aside for just an hour
    and making that person your world, being there when you ask them
    to meet you somewhere, sometime....it really does matter too. Many
    times we don't how much little things like that affect the one you
    love, but I think when you look at your own relationships, it's the
    little things that have mattered most, and the little things that
    you love that person for. So show that person that you need them
    and that you love them by showing them that they're on you mind
    with just a phone call, just a few word, with a great big hug when
    you come home.
  • My parents are the most in love people I have ever known... well into their 70's they daily do little things to show their love for each other. My father leaves little hand written notes all over the house for my mom to find. He leaves them in the butter dish in the fridge... etched into the fogged up mirror after a shower... etc. They all say the same thing... S.H.M.I.L.Y. interpreted it means... See How Much I Love You! He has done this for years and she still smiles when she finds one of his notes. (submitted by Michael)

• as a sequel to ross' topic (hi), guys pls let us know what you find sweet naman ;)
  • BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sing me a song....any song... may it be a love song or some corny song..any song that would make me laugh or smile in appreciation or even (pag magaling talaga sya) cry.... provided ofcourse that he has the K to sing...baka boses palaka..ay sus..d na no...