depression kaya ito? how to deal with....

caryatid_kittencaryatid_kitten Foreign Contaminant! PExer
Hi Docs!!1

I have a friend whom I have always known to be very emotional and passionate. Around two years ago, she would confide to me and tell me that she felt that the person whom she considered to be her "best friend" did not want her to be happy. For weeks, she'd talk about this friend, and I'd just listen. Until, finally, she BELIEVED that this friend of hers wanted her dead...She also started to speak very oddly - speaking nonesense, as though she has lost her mind.She also claimed to have seen people who were already dead, hearing voices of people who were dead, etc...this lead to a month long confinement in the hospital. She was released and she was given medication to keep he mood stable. The past year seemed "normal" and all. However, around a week ago, she started to get in touch with her friends...sending odd messages. I also learned from a common friend that this time, she thinks I don't want he to be happy...and she thinks so because I've been giving her advice to let go of issues that has been holding her back for the last two years.

I'm concerned about my friend...I am wondering WHY everything is happening? extreme depression?? " A Beautiful Mind"?? Honeslty, I don't know how to deal with her...I don't know how I should talk to her and or deal with her...Before, I would support her with her decisions...But then, that first "breakdown" happened, so I feel as though I was supporting her "hallucinations". Recently, I've been pointing the truth to her and giving her my real thoughts...pero iniisip niya naman ngayon na ayaw ko siya maging masaya...Ano kaya ang nangyari sa kaibigan ko? What is the best way to deal with this situation? Thanks Docs!

Comments

• pinay24pinay24 Member PExer
    Doesn't sounds depression to me. There is more of that than just a normal depression .Did you happens to know about the BORDERLINE PERSONALITY?Maybe you should research about it. It is very hard to explain kasi dito.
  • Cesar17Cesar17 Member PExer
    Your friend are showing some symptoms of schizophrenia and not depression. How old is your friend and when did she started feeling this way? Basically the diagnosis for schizophrenia in adult and children are the same except the prognosis for the latter is much more chronic.
  • treefingerstreefingers laimnan PExer
    based on your account, your friend is not suffering from depression (again based only on what you've said). she's apparently showing signs of PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIA. chronic depression may have caused it or maybe among the causes. there can be a thousand and one though. you should seek professional help for her
  • caryatid_kittencaryatid_kitten Foreign Contaminant! PExer
    I think she got professional help.. years ago, when she was confined. Like I said, she was taking meds for some time and recently lang nag-stop ata. From what I know she is unaware of the real reason why she was hospitalized until this day...

just out of curiousity...IF she has a borderline personality or has paranoid schizo...should she, herself, be aware of it??? (of course, I won't be the one to tell her!) or should everyone around her "pretend" everything is "normal" ???

Thanks for your insights!

CESAR17 - she's in her early 20's :)

thanks again!
  • caryatid_kittencaryatid_kitten Foreign Contaminant! PExer
    I think she got professional help.. years ago, when she was confined. Like I said, she was taking meds for some time and recently lang nag-stop ata. From what I know she is unaware of the real reason why she was hospitalized until this day...

just out of curiousity...IF she has a borderline personality or has paranoid schizo...should she, herself, be aware of it??? (of course, I won't be the one to tell her!) or should everyone around her "pretend" everything is "normal" ???

Thanks for your insights!

CESAR17 - she's in her early 20's :)

thanks again!
  • soulthirdsoulthird It Ain't Worth It PExer
    she's not aware of the situation, she thinks as if everything is real... I think it's time to get professional help way beyond what she got years ago. Her problem may be recurrent.
  • eyedoceyedoc Member PExer
    I agree that at this point, she'd better see a psychiatrist.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file