PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Let us move on!!! And lets contribute to move the country FORWARD!!!

The Election is over. The president has been confirmed. Though the election is tainted with irregularities, the bickerings wont make a difference. Let us leave the bickerings to the politician.

As an ordinary citizen and responsible tax payer, what can you do to help the country in moving toward progress? Let us help each other and move forward!!!!

Comments

• angelteddyangelteddy Member PExer
    As a concern citizen, i will support the government's call for unity. If ever, the sin taxes will push through, i will definitely abide to it. We need to support this plan to ease our balooning debts. My respect for the administration will never cease to be.
  • Prof_JPProf_JP Banned by Admin PExer
    We need to support this plan to ease our balooning debts.
    You can support the plan all you want, the debt will still keep on ballooning. The only thing giving more money to our government will make happen is to increase the amount of money that gets wasted and lost as graft. And the debt will still grow... probably at an accelerated rate, as the more they get, the more they will want.

Too bad there so many naive suckers out there who haven't realized just how incredibly corrupt the governance of this country has been for the last 3 years.

I think by the time people open their eyes to this, it will be far too late already. (We will be at Bangladesh level or worse).
  • renzrenz Banned by Admin PExer
    but maybe gloria will try to fix the mess she did for the last 3-years. heheh. but i believe, the first thing she does e she will amend the constitution for a change of government - parliamentary.

once the election smoke comes down, kahit na hindi pa rin katanggap tanggap si gloria dahil she used all dirty and evil tricks to steal away the presidency from fpj, sana nga lang, the next 6 years will be better, hindi maging madugo. hindi kasing corrupt and hindi pa bumaba ang peso (tulad ng pagtaas daw ng peso from 56.43 to 56.13 e dahil daw nanalo si gloria. nyahahah! ang babaw! hehe. 56 pa rin). or else, tayong mga pilipino na naman ang kawawa. but just like jinggoy, i will not consider her our legitimate president.:cool:
  • CrusherCrusher Member ✭✭✭
    Move on? Youare asking Pinoys to move on? Good luck.

Pinoys are more apt to stay and dwell on things that affect their machismo and ego. They dwell on getting even. They dwell on feeling wronged. They dwell on lots of imagined things that sometimes consume all their waking hours.

Move on? Not until they have the satisfaction of having gotten even. Till then, they dopn't let go. They can't even let decisions by authorities and justices change their minds, and so they end up destroying lives, others and theirs.

Move on? Other countries ae leaving Pinas behind because they can move on. Japan has moved on, Vietnam is moving on, Malaysia is moving on. Pinas likes to dwell in the quagmire and rut of self-pity and vindictiveness. Then asks, Why are we laggng behind other countries.

Can't think why.
  • AbulugAdventureAbulugAdventure Fate Harlaown's husband ✭✭
    Move on? That phrase many Filipinos don't know.

1. Die hard fanatics of some certain candidates
    2. Natalo ako-dinaya ako mentality
    3. Destructive criticisms
    4. Very high expectations
    5. Laziness, procastination and come whatmay attitude
    6. Uncontrollable local factors
    7. External events
    8. The person calling for unity and to move on, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo is one of the main person behind our country's divisiveness.

AbulugAdventure can move on after my candidate lost bitterly and being affected by an ailment, but what about those supporters of some candidate?

Move on? Unity? Yah, yah...Tell that to the marines! :rolleyes:
  • CrusherCrusher Member ✭✭✭
    The expression or rather question "Can't think why?" is a sarcastic rhetorical question when the answer is very obvious.

As when say a student admits that he is often absent from school, doesn't study lessons, do not do the homework, fails in all the exams, rude to teachers, then tells you that he cannot graduate because he got failing grades.

The sarcastic response to that would be " You failed? Can't think why."

Or your friend who does not give his wife any of his salary, drinks and comes home late or almost dawn, goes around with girls of ill-repute, approaches you and complain: "My wife wants a divorce"

And your response will be: "Hmmm..can't think why."
  • abuMuadzabuMuadz Banned by Admin PExer
    Originally posted by AbulugAdventure
    Move on? That phrase many Filipinos don't know.

1. Die hard fanatics of some certain candidates
    2. Natalo ako-dinaya ako mentality
    3. Destructive criticisms
    4. Very high expectations
    5. Laziness, procastination and come whatmay attitude
    6. Uncontrollable local factors
    7. External events
    8. The person calling for unity and to move on, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo is one of the main person behind our country's divisiveness.

AbulugAdventure can move on after my candidate lost bitterly and being affected by an ailment, but what about those supporters of some candidate?

Move on? Unity? Yah, yah...Tell that to the marines! :rolleyes:
    I am happy to report to the Pinas Marines that Roco might not be around for another shot at the Presidency. Isn't he still in the US for his "ailment"? It would have been a shame if he won and has to take a sick leave before he dies. ... Did I say dies? Well, how about a long illness instead, is that better? If I were Roco, I really would say that death is a better alternative to a sick dick.
  • p.i.joep.i.joe Member PExer
    Originally posted by Prof_JP
    You can support the plan all you want, the debt will still keep on ballooning. The only thing giving more money to our government will make happen is to increase the amount of money that gets wasted and lost as graft. And the debt will still grow... probably at an accelerated rate, as the more they get, the more they will want.

Too bad there so many naive suckers out there who haven't realized just how incredibly corrupt the governance of this country has been for the last 3 years.

I think by the time people open their eyes to this, it will be far too late already. (We will be at Bangladesh level or worse).

....and the solution is FPJ?
    Originally posted by p.i.joe
    ....and the solution is FPJ?
    A very sick Roco would have been a better solution than FPJ ... but that's just my opinion. De Castro would have been elected VP just the same and he would have taken the Presidency over sooner.
    Originally posted by abuMuadz
    I am happy to report to the Pinas Marines that Roco might not be around for another shot at the Presidency. Isn't he still in the US for his "ailment"? It would have been a shame if he won and has to take a sick leave before he dies. ... Did I say dies? Well, how about a long illness instead, is that better? If I were Roco, I really would say that death is a better alternative to a sick dick.

Dies?!! :mad:

Oh, well, he can be a good prez kahit na medyo me pagkamayabang siya, but too bad he got this ailment. I never regret that I voted for him...the first one in '98 and then last May 10. :bow:
  • search555search555 Member PExer
    Originally posted by Crusher
    Move on? Youare asking Pinoys to move on? Good luck.

Pinoys are more apt to stay and dwell on things that affect their machismo and ego. They dwell on getting even. They dwell on feeling wronged. They dwell on lots of imagined things that sometimes consume all their waking hours.

Move on? Not until they have the satisfaction of having gotten even. Till then, they dopn't let go. They can't even let decisions by authorities and justices change their minds, and so they end up destroying lives, others and theirs.

Move on? Other countries ae leaving Pinas behind because they can move on. Japan has moved on, Vietnam is moving on, Malaysia is moving on. Pinas likes to dwell in the quagmire and rut of self-pity and vindictiveness. Then asks, Why are we laggng behind other countries.

Can't think why.

These are the kinds of attitude that wont help our country to move on. Wonder why you are saying "they"? Are you not Pinoy? I agree that many pinoys has this attitude of dwelling into the past. But wont you try to make a difference, or will you just join 'em?

What I am saying here is that bickerings should STOP! We need to move on and work together for a common goal.

Lets just accept that Gloria wins. Even though it was not convincing as many have hoped for, she is now the President. Will you just sit down and find fault in the government just because the president is not who you supported?

Come on, you are a better person than that. FILIPINOS are better people than that!!!
    Based on the replies here, I would think that the reason our country is not progressing is not entirely because of corruption. Its because people dont care anymore.

Oo marami tayong nakikitang mali sa gobyerno natin. Marami tayong nakikitang mali sa mga civil servants, pulis, including sa mga kapitbahay natin. But what have we done so far to address these? Many would say, ah its not my problem. Or, nah I may just put myself in trouble. But hey, big things comes from small things.

We need to be vigilant and act as much as we can. Kung ang kapit bahay mo eh nagsha shabu. Will you just keep quiet? If you do, you and your family might be a victim. Tawag mo sa pulis, kahit pa yung taong yun eh pinsan mo. It will not only help you and your neighbourhood, but it will also help the person.

Think about small things in which you can help.
  • bloodaspbloodasp Member PExer
    i think the years Roco would have remaining would still be better than having gma, but i woudn't want to dwell on that anymore.

moving forward is not that simple. the biggest problem that we Filipinos have is we do not have a sense of pride. we do not own the Philippines. if a man owns something precious to him it follows that he will take care and protect that thing; a house, a car, his job, wife, family, etc. why would a next door neighbor throw his own trash at somebody else's property? precisely because it's not his property. same goes with everyone else's not minding littering our streets, vandalizing and apathy towards corruption in the government. if that corruption would happen in our own company, assuming we have pride in our company, i'm sure it will illicit a different reaction some us.

you cannot just tell the anyone to shape up and pay your taxes. he has to feel that his taxes will go somewhere other than somebody's pocket. the very reason some people hesitate to pay taxes is because it's going nowhere but to fill some government official's gas tank.

the poor do not own the Philippines because the goverment are exploiting them.
    the rich simply do not care as long as they make money.
    the middle class are stuck because no matter how hard they work because the majority do not care.

(the things i mentioned do not apply to each and everyone but to a substantial amount enough to keep up down where we are.)

the change has to start from the top. our country is too divided and it's almost impossible to unite each and everyone of us with the defect deeply rooted.
    if our next president will be truly clean and firm against corruption to the point of jailing his own husband or son if needed then we will begin to see a brighter future.

:)
    Originally posted by search555
    What I am saying here is that bickerings should STOP! We need to move on and work together for a common goal.

Better said than done, unfortuntely. Excessive pride is the name of the game here. It is NOT simple as you think, search. You can fit an elephant to a needle but reconciliation with others? Practically speaking, we can only hope for that.

Kahit pustahan tayo Sanlibo sa kin piso sa iyo, ako ang mananalo for sure. Moving on is NOT in the Pinoy's vocabulary. see my above post (yung me enumeration) kung bakit hindi attainable yang unity na 'yan!

...at least for now... :(

...am just on the practical side. :bow:
    Yeah, I understand AbulugAdventure, and I agree with you 100%, that it will very difficult. However, it is not impossible.

We all acknowledged that there is something wrong. So what are we going to do about it? Just sit down and complain and at the same time admit that our situation is? I refuse.

You see, if you are in a room and everybody are talking/shouting so much that no one understand each other anymore. What will you do? Talk/shout back? Or will you try to restore order?

I know you will say that there is a BIG difference between this example and the situation that we are in. But the thing is, if nobody will try to make a difference, NOTHING will happen. Complaining wont help. Action will...
    Originally posted by bloodasp
    i think the years Roco would have remaining would still be better than having gma, but i woudn't want to dwell on that anymore.

moving forward is not that simple. the biggest problem that we Filipinos have is we do not have a sense of pride. we do not own the Philippines. if a man owns something precious to him it follows that he will take care and protect that thing; a house, a car, his job, wife, family, etc. why would a next door neighbor throw his own trash at somebody else's property? precisely because it's not his property. same goes with everyone else's not minding littering our streets, vandalizing and apathy towards corruption in the government. if that corruption would happen in our own company, assuming we have pride in our company, i'm sure it will illicit a different reaction some us.

you cannot just tell the anyone to shape up and pay your taxes. he has to feel that his taxes will go somewhere other than somebody's pocket. the very reason some people hesitate to pay taxes is because it's going nowhere but to fill some government official's gas tank.

the poor do not own the Philippines because the goverment are exploiting them.
    the rich simply do not care as long as they make money.
    the middle class are stuck because no matter how hard they work because the majority do not care.

(the things i mentioned do not apply to each and everyone but to a substantial amount enough to keep up down where we are.)

the change has to start from the top. our country is too divided and it's almost impossible to unite each and everyone of us with the defect deeply rooted.
    if our next president will be truly clean and firm against corruption to the point of jailing his own husband or son if needed then we will begin to see a brighter future.

:)

Its so easy to find faults but too difficult to find ways to rectify it, isnt it?

In my view, change should come from ourselves. Do not expect others to change before you do. Otherwise, well be waiting for nothing.
  • bloodaspbloodasp Member PExer
    i never said that we individuals shouldn't change. we are lucky and burdened to know the problems that our country faces. but do you expect that an average Filipino will just one day realize that he has to shape up? wake up man.

one of the companies i worked for before had disgruntled employees because there were lots of work thrown around and there were only few of us, no training, no profit sharing, efforts only of a selected few were recognized, basic benefit, etc. (you get the picture). the employees' morale was real low, no one cared if they did their job or not and everyone wanted to leave our company (familiar, huh?). there were a few of us who still worked our butt off and tried to talk the others too but did it work? no. why not? because management was not responding nor doing their job well.
    when management was shuffled, they began to implement policies which were pro-people and benifited us directly, that's when morale went up. everyone did their job because they felt they were part of the company and could contribute and be rewared at the same time.

what i'm trying to stress is for us to elect a good leader. it is not enough for individuals like us to the job. insipiration should come from the top and trickle down. our problem is national pride. no one believes that he owns the Philippines and that be belongs here. how do you make a filipino belong to the Philippines? by providing his basic needs for free or at a minimum cost to be provided by the government. again, it boils down to the government and who we elect. i don't believe that the Philippines is poor. we just give too much to politicians. hahaha :D
    Originally posted by bloodasp
    i never said that we individuals shouldn't change. we are lucky and burdened to know the problems that our country faces. but do you expect that an average Filipino will just one day realize that he has to shape up? wake up man.

Nope, I dont. But that is where we can make a difference. If you have a friend or a relative who smokes and just throw the cigar butt anywhere, you can advise him to throw it to the proper place. And if that friend/relative of yours has another friend/relative that does the same thing and thought about what you said and ask him to throw the butt to the proper place, and so on and so forth. It could have a domino effect and who knows, after a decade we might not see any cigar butt on the streets.

one of the companies i worked for before had disgruntled employees because there were lots of work thrown around and there were only few of us, no training, no profit sharing, efforts only of a selected few were recognized, basic benefit, etc. (you get the picture). the employees' morale was real low, no one cared if they did their job or not and everyone wanted to leave our company (familiar, huh?). there were a few of us who still worked our butt off and tried to talk the others too but did it work? no. why not? because management was not responding nor doing their job well.
    when management was shuffled, they began to implement policies which were pro-people and benifited us directly, that's when morale went up. everyone did their job because they felt they were part of the company and could contribute and be rewared at the same time.

Good for you that there were caring people that on went on board. But what if there's none? Will you just leave the company or just work unappreciated? Im not trying to be a know-all guy, but I would think that voicing out your feelings might be a better choice rather than leaving the company.

what i'm trying to stress is for us to elect a good leader. it is not enough for individuals like us to the job. insipiration should come from the top and trickle down. our problem is national pride. no one believes that he owns the Philippines and that be belongs here. how do you make a filipino belong to the Philippines? by providing his basic needs for free or at a minimum cost to be provided by the government. again, it boils down to the government and who we elect. i don't believe that the Philippines is poor. we just give too much to politicians. hahaha

I agree. But its equally important the we change our own attitude. As in the thread name, Election is over what can we do? We cannot just grumble now because our candidate did not win. What can we do to make a difference for the next 6 years and in the future.
    Originally posted by search555
    These are the kinds of attitude that wont help our country to move on. Wonder why you are saying "they"? Are you not Pinoy? I agree that many pinoys has this attitude of dwelling into the past. But wont you try to make a difference, or will you just join 'em?

Lets just accept that Gloria wins. Even though it was not convincing as many have hoped for, she is now the President. Will you just sit down and find fault in the government just because the president is not who you supported?

Come on, you are a better person than that. FILIPINOS are better people than that!!!
    That's right, support GMA as the Pinoy President! And by the way, the Pinoy President must be impeached!!! Boncodin is going to be removed via the Ombudsman, but GMA is only by impeachment. That is the Pinoy way!!!
  • benign0benign0 Banned By Admin PExer
    In summary, it seems that people are cynical about the whole concept of "moving on".

Why is that?

Because the call to "move on" is usually nothing more than another unsubstantiated slogan that we hear after every major political fiesta (such as the one that we have just seen this year).

How exactly do we move on?

I'll put the above question in the right perspective by citing my original assertion:

The only real hope is one that can be clearly substantiated by an approach to realise a future that is different from where we seem to be headed.

This is the basis for my long-outstanding challenge:

Cite three things we are doing differently this time that one could use to objectively substantiate even a glimmer of hope that success is in the horizon for our tragic country.

A simple but un-met challenge -- until now.

I go further to propose a framework for the otherwise worthy (but so far unsubstantiated) call to "move on". This framework is embodied in this article.

Visit Get Real Philippines!! for more views like this!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file