Two periods/menses in one month?

black_deathblack_death Banned by Admin PExer
I have another friend who happened to have her last period around June 6-10 then she's having another period right now. What could be her problem? Just curious. Ok tong PeX a, para narin akong OB with your answers! Thanks to the docs in here! :)

Comments

• IraIra Member PExer
    How old is she, at what age did she get her menses, how long was the period?
  • black_deathblack_death Banned by Admin PExer
    She's only 23. Her period was regular till only now. :)
  • IraIra Member PExer
    If it doesn't happen often, it's usually nothing to worry about. Most women will experience weird cycles at least once in their lifetime, and it's only due to hormonal fluctuations. However, if this problem is persistent, she should see an ob-gyne.
  • phoenix14phoenix14 internetslave.blogspot.co m PExer
    Hi doc Ira! i am having my period twice a month too, i have consulted my ob gyne about it. since i am trying to get pregnant but not yet lucky because me and my SO is doing it once a week only. they have done transvaginal and it showed na i have polycystic (sorry if I spelled it wrong) aside from that everything is okay. my ob suggested na we should resort to fertility pills, she would like me to come back once i get my period. I just want to ask, how effective are the fertility pills and if i will be taking it do we need to do it more often? what do you think about this? thanks...
  • pinay24pinay24 Member PExer
    Once a week? Dapat many times a day. Sana once a week rin lang kami nakakapagod kasi. LOL
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Your problem is that you do not ovulate. Your ob-gyne will most probably start you on clomiphene (Clomid). Roughly 70-90% of all PCO women on clomiphene will ovulate, but pregnancy rates vary; 30-70% of PCO women on clomiphene will subsequently conceive.

Of course, you have to do it more frequently with your partner. No use producing eggs if there's no sperm coming in.
  • summer_skye18summer_skye18 Member PExer
    Doc, would you know how much is she have to pay for the fertility pills?
    BTW, do they need to do it for the whole entire week of the fertility period?
  • wahselwahsel Member PExer
    i took clomiphene (clomid) before mga 2-3 years ago pa. one tablet costs 144.00 (dati) but mas mura ng konti if hindi clomid yung brand. depende sa ob mo she may require you to take it 1 tablet a day for 5 days after ur period yata ( i forgot na if wen ka mag take) or even up to 3-5 tablets per day for 5 days...

gud luk
    Thanks... phoenix14 forgot her password kasi eh.. was it effective for you? how long before you conceived?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file