Home PEx Relationships Love - Dilemmas

GF ko pupunta sa ibang school... =(

I just wanna know... you see, my GF and I have been together for 5 months. I'm a college freshman at the Ateneo de Manila while she's in the elite school beside Robinson's Galleria. In short, Poveda. She's senior there.
I've always had this dream of having her with me in the Ateneo as well. But then, when the college entrance results came out, di siya pumasa sa DLSU, UP, and Ateneo. UST lang siya pumasa. She doesn't want to go to Ateneo anyway kasi gusto niyang mag-medicine sa UST. I can't take the fact na hiwalay kami ng school. Lalo na, she's too far away.
Now, I wanna break up because of several reasons:
1) My parents and her parents disapprove of each other.
2) I want to follow my dreams and ideals.
3) I cannot put enough trust into her kasi baka humanap ng iba sa UST yun.
4) I know I won't be happy knowing she's in another school.
5) I've fallen out of love and there's someone else I've fallen for.
What do u think? Should I break up with her or keep the relationship? I'm confused.

[This message has been edited by Free Agent (edited 03-23-2000).]

Comments

• hmmm free agent siguro first...linawin mo sa utak mo kung ANO ba ang PINAKA reason... kung bakit gusto mo ng break up.... ksi sa dami ng reason mo..yung iba sabit lang yan...pero meron dapat isang...MALINAW yung yun lang talaga ang reason..

is it because u cant trust her? or meron ng ibang girl? or kung ano-ano pa...

honestly the reason of breaking up with her because di mo sya ma trust eh.. not acceptable enough [tingin ko lang ah! ;)] pero..pero... pero.. if u dont have feelings for her anymore... bat mo sya dadayain.. and pretend na ur her man... pero iba naman pala gusto mo di ba ?...

basta clear ur mind... and kung sino mahal mo, dun ka ;)... pero sa tingin ko..u better try to give just a little trust to someone ur going out with [and dun sa mga magiging gf mo pa]...ksi without trust useless lang yan lahat :D
  • The fact that u mentioned something about falling out of love and not trusting her enough come college should make u start thinking twice about keeping a relationship with her.

Question...does she know that you've fallen for someone else? If not, then it's not actually a matter of her finding someone else in UST, when in fact you've found someone else. And also, your having found someone else while having something going on with her accounts for something else too...

Don't u think that your losing trust in her has something to do with your finding someone else?

I suggest you take a look at things in a specific perspective and ask yourself if breaking up with her is what you really want...and then..those reasons that you've stated...think 'em over...better yet,GO AND TALK TO HER...
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Unfortunately, most high school relationships are not fated to last. Once you get exposed to a coed environment and meet different kinds of people--male and female--you start growing up and you discover that the relationship you've had in high school isn't enough. I think your reasons 1-4 are just excuses for your 5th reason. If you don't love her, break up with her. It would be better in the end for both of you. If you feel hesitant about ending a relationship that's lasted a relatively long time, prolonging it would make you even less willing to end it in the future. It would be better if you tell her now than risk letting her find out that you don't feel the same thru someone else.
  • Thanks for the opinions. Pls keep sending more. Thanks! :)
  • green gringreen grin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    move on, young man. except for reason no. 1 (which btw is kinda intriguing...hhhmmm), you've got a nice little recipe for a break up. you've gotten good advice from the girls so far - let her know now.
  • I had the same problem before. But, we both wanted to go to UST. She passed the UP, Ateneo and La Salle entrance exams but flunked the UST exams. She chose to go to La Salle.

I tell you, this isn't hard. Now, she's my ex.

§inned™
  • are there any reasons for your relationship to continue?? you've acknowledged your falling out of love and your lack of trust in her na eh.... i think you should have that talk with your girlfriend...

:)
  • There's no reason a relationship won't survive just because you're at different schools. Even people who live miles apart can make it work, as long as there's trust and both parties are committed. As you've stated in reason number 3, the trust is lacking. You've told us why you want to end the relationship, but not what's keeping you from doing so. Think about what's holding you back and if you find a compelling reason to save the relationship then talk to your girlfriend and see how you can make things work. On the other hand, if you really have fallen out of love, then it's time to move on --- you owe it to yourself and to your girlfriend.

[This message has been edited by Eina (edited 03-25-2000).]
  • BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    let her go na! i don't think it's about u moving on. sha yung kawawa hindi ikaw. u don't love her na pala e. unfair naman sa kanya kung she loves u pa pala tapos u are pinning for another na. u owe her that much and maybe u owe urself din...
  • Thanks for posting! :) Keep posting pa. Wanna hear from the others pa. :)

Sinned: You are a man of wisdom! Thanks.
  • Thanks for posting! :) Keep posting pa. Wanna hear from the others pa. :)

Sinned: You are a man of wisdom! Thanks.
  • jenjen PExer
    Free Agent,
    I don't think that going to different schools would be a hindrance for you to continue going out with your girlfriend. I think that's a lame excuse. Why were cellphones made for if you're not going to use it?
    But then, if you are in love with somebody else, then break up with her 'coz it will hurt her more if you fool around. But, there's another but, you have to deal with the consequences that might happen if you break up with her.
    Free Agent, the choice is still yours. These are all a piece of advice. Follow what your heart desires.
  • I think you should talk to her. Explain to her why you want to break up with her and do it as soon as you can. Mas magiging masakit kung patatagalin mo pa.

And yup...di naman hindrance yung paglipat nya ng ibang school eh. Di ba nga, love always finds a way?!

Good luck and God bless, anyway! Balitaan mo kami, huh?!
  • To all PEx people and to those concerned:

I guess that's it. I'm not any happier anyway knowing that she's USTe now. No offense to UST people but, I'm looking for a girl with something more - something more to offer. It pains me to see her flunk all those entrance exams except UST. Actually, nung binagsak niya yung DLSU entrance, I knew it would start a chain reaction. Eventually, she would flunk UP, then Ateneo. TAKE NOTE: I'M NOT STARTING A SCHOOL WAR HERE but it's what I believe in. Sorry kung may tinamaan sa inyo.

Honestly now, I'd rather remain this way and my nick says it all: FREE AGENT. I'd rather be free and just explore the world and what else it has to offer.

Sayang, it would have been our 6th month exactly today but we just broke up.

Thanks to all your insights, suggestions and advices. I knew it all along what I wanted to do and what I felt like doing. My feelings were all saying this.

I'm now a free soul, a free agent. In sports terms, any team (girl) can sign me up but I'm thinking of reflecting first on the past season. Maybe I should undergo further training so that the next relationship will be better.

Again, thanks a million for the support guys. God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Free Agent
  • Oh yeah, special thanks to: PuNkChick, maria^`, Ira, green grin, §inned™ (the wisdom-filled BODACIOUS man), Denise`, Eina, BadGiRL, jen, & Trinjy.

Sorry if I offended some people, lalo na yung taga-UST and DLSU. Never meant to offend some people. Just needed to take this thorn off my chest. It's much too painful...
  • Geez, what a pathetic, obtuse and scheming man. A girl doesn't stop from "offering something more" to a guy like you even if she is out-of-school or chooses to be a Yoga instructor or throws up in front of some algebraic expressions.

Based on your last post, I believe you are the one who has the problem. Oh man, love should not be equated to what school a person go to or what you had for dinner last night. Love is so powerful that it transcends all even the dumbest person that you are. Your last post has no bearing to get some further comments but it is too downright obvious that your problem is you yourself.

The thread from the very start, after all, is a mutation from your undeniably confused psyche - a thread dressed up to mean winning back a lost love but actually a treacherous quagmire yielding under the feet of the curious and the helpful.

I am happy for you, young lover, as you are currently "taking this thorn off" your hollow chest. But, it is indeed bliss to see that girl who is genuinely the "freest agent" after breaking up with a guy who is supposed to take care of her.

I am just practicing the psychologist in me, and yes I am bodacious.

§inned™
  • my boyfriend and i go to different colleges. i'm an incoming freshman at the ateneo and he's an incoming senior in up. we've been together now for almost three years. kagulat no? the only difference here is that we love each other. now my advice is that if you've completely fallen out of love for her then it's time to let go, dba? unfair naman cguro kung you continue the relationship. there's nothing to be confused about. and i agree with the comment that flunking schools is not a good basis for breaking up. aray naman for the girl. no offense meant here :)
  • I don't know, but, I just couldn't take it. You see, my ideals and dreams kinda take over when it comes to this. It was Ateneo or bust. Well, now that she's definitely going to UST, there's no way in hell I could take that. Masakit kasi. Look at it this way: from 8am-5pm everyday, she can be flirting with some other guys. I likewise could do the same but I didn't do that on my freshman year. Sure, I had friends, but definitely no flirting around.
    Isa pa, as I've mentioned, my dreams and ideals take over and since I've always dreamed of having someone who's also going to Ateneo, then there's nothing more I can do but follow that dream.
    I've been too deprived of realizing my dreams so this one is something I cannot let slip away.
    As Joey Albert sings: ...though the feeling hasn't passed, sad to say our love didn't last... please don't ask me to pretend, coz I know it's over now... :(

[This message has been edited by Free Agent (edited 04-06-2000).]
  • I don't know, but, I just couldn't take it. You see, my ideals and dreams kinda take over when it comes to this. It was Ateneo or bust. Well, now that she's definitely going to UST, there's no way in hell I could take that. Masakit kasi. Look at it this way: from 8am-5pm everyday, she can be flirting with some other guys. I likewise could do the same but I didn't do that on my freshman year. Sure, I had friends, but definitely no flirting around.
    Isa pa, as I've mentioned, my dreams and ideals take over and since I've always dreamed of having someone who's also going to Ateneo, then there's nothing more I can do but follow that dream.
    I've been too deprived of realizing my dreams so this one is something I cannot let slip away.
    As Joey Albert sings: ...though the feeling hasn't passed, sad to say our love didn't last... please don't ask me to pretend, coz I know it's over now... :(

[This message has been edited by Free Agent (edited 04-06-2000).]
  • Actually, I can relate to the stories that you guys and girls mentioned. I'm also in the same situation. Here's the story ...

When i was about to graduate in high school, i met this girl from chat and we really got along with each other. She was from paranaque and i was from quezon city. (Grabe ang layo no!) I liked her a lot and i fell in love with her. The problem is, she now studies at St. Scho Taft while i study at UP Diliman. We never thought that college life would be really different. We have 2 contrasting environments. I have had temptations to look for other girls. The reason behind this is that i was sick and tired of seeing my guy friends from UP with their girlfriends that also study in UP. The point is, they see everyday, they hug everyday, they hold hands everyday...not like me...like twice a month...thrice a month...i was soooooooooooooooo depressed :(

After the freshman year was over, we had a heart-to-heart talk with my girlfriend. I told her my temptations in my school and she told hers. Then i realized, we can't do anything about our present situation but to improve it and not to degrade it. We increased our trust in each other because we wanted to let this relationship last. :)

Before, i was always pessimistic about our relationship. But now, i'm very much optimistic. I think a relationship in this situation, if ever it would work out, would be a relationship that a couple should be VERY proud of! :D

PeaCe! :cool:

[This message has been edited by \_`{}[]^- (edited 04-05-2000).]