please post your recipes here. tnx! ;)

Comments

• clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    diced tomatoes
    diced onions
    chopped cilantro
    lime juice
    finely diced jalapenos
  • yup, the same as clawed_out, pero peel the tomatoes first-boil water, drop tomatoes a few seconds, then ice shock, peel...pwede din calamansi or lemon juice, tapos instead of jalape?os use our siling pansigang na green na green
  • you have the exact measurements? tried this once at home using tomatoes, onions, bell pepper and cilantro but i couldn't get the right taste....
  • I think cilantro should be just about a quarter of your tomatoes. In my experience, salsa depends on per person's taste. Others like it with equal parts of tomatoes and onions, while others want more tomatoes compared to onions. Approx, if you have a cup of tomatoes, I think 1/4 cup cilantro (or less) and 2-3 tbls citrus juice would be enough. If you added too much citrus, balance it with a bit of sugar.

If you're too lazy to boil tomatoes, turn on your stove. Place tomatoes on top and wait until the skin cracks or the skin is burnt, then shock and peel them.
  • illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Bulek26
    you have the exact measurements? tried this once at home using tomatoes, onions, bell pepper and cilantro but i couldn't get the right taste....
    There's your mistake. Don't use bell peppers. I think you can get jalape?os in jars or cans.
    bell peppers are sweet as compared to the heat brought by jalapenos.

you can do a 2:1 ratio of the tomatoes & onions.
    just a dash of cilantro (i honestly dont like this herb- lasang insekto! but a few would do)
  • pollywogpollywog PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Cilantro is the same as Kinchay and Wansuy right?
  • Oo, pareho sila. Parsley is milder, I think. Puwede yatang i-substitute ang ground cumin sa cilantro, kung tama ang assessment ko sa lasa ng cumin...

Importante din ang salt and pepper. :D
  • NO! iba ang cilantro sa kinchay. wansuy, yes, same as cilantro. chinese parsley ang kinchay. iba ang curly parsley sa flat parsley, but interchangeable in use, though mas may depth ang flat. Please, smell, smell the difference!!! cumin, nope, not cilantro. cilantro seeds are different from cumin, different flavor.
    i think cumin is more woodsy & pungent than cilantro/ kulantro/wansuy- amoy insecto.

i have curley parsley on my yard, bought a flat one (tama si mytitagil about her assessments sa 2).
  • ghost_37ghost_37 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    another term for cilantro is coriander not sure if the spelling is correct.
  • where can i buy this coriander spice? ive been looking for it everywhere. im gonna use it for making tandoori spiced chicken breasts.

would you also have an idea where to buy tahini or sesame paste to make hummus?
  • Ako i don't cook my kamatis, fresh lang sya. Grilling your jalapeno or california chilles (over flame) will give it a smokey flavor. Just like what they serve in authentic mexican resto. Add a little bit of ground oregano and a pinch ot thyme (spell check); green onions; 2 cloves of garlic; lime or lemon; salt. Blend (using a mini-chopper). Again, all ingredients is up to your taste.