FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

do you remember ur most memorable gift from ur parents?

Took me to a dep't. store and gave me freedom to choose what clothes I wanted to buy!

Comments

• green gringreen grin Member PExer
    life.
  • bLaCkbLaCk Member PExer
    ditto, green grin

if material things....

Car, PC, my own room... hahahah

i only wish they'd given me a little sister.. :(
  • astr0girlastr0girl Member PExer
    ditto green grin
    ditto black, I always wanted a little sister too (or an annoying little brother, heh)

as for material things- a gold diamond ring for my 18th bday and my first pair of ballet shoes for like my 3rd birthday or something
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Money for my education. Everything I have now, I owe to them.
  • bugsbunnybugsbunny ONE BIG FIGHT! PExer
    i remember nung 16th birthday ko, i was telling my mom about this toy na would be perfect for my collection. i wasnt expecting anything actually coz i was busy thinking of how im gonna get the money to buy the toy. i wasnt expecting anything from my mom din coz i was having a party rin eh i thought that was their gift for me na. but nung day ng birthday when she came up to my room to greet me, she gave me this big box na ang nakalagay pala eh yung toy na i was telling her about. wala lang. :)
  • KylaKyla Member PExer
    My 18th b-day gift: a one-month trip to Europe! It was the best gift I've ever received from them.
  • silverwhizsilverwhiz Member ✭✭✭
    Materially speaking, I can't give an answer to the TS's question other than my very cheap laptop which I use in school. Hindi naman kasi kami mayaman, below middle class lang kung tutuusin. Pinalaki din kasi kaming magkakapatid na makuntento sa kung anong meron.
  • jielunjielun Green. Cross. PExer
    Wew, the last material thing I received from my parents was a wallet - first year high school pako nun. We're not really a gift-giving family. I buy whatever my allowance can.
  • JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 Jovitus Primus PExer
    My very first NIKE rubber shoes way back nung grade 7 ako.
  • ermonskiermonski I PITY THE FOOL!!! ✭✭✭
    a Lego kit.
  • A complete bedroom set (from the dresser, headboard, mattress bed, side drawers), pati comforter set..hehe. :D. I'll always cherish this surprise that was given to me!

Anyhow, I was in junior high then & it was summertime. I had gone away on vacation, along with 2 other female cousins at our aunts place somewhere in Arizona for almost 2 and a half months. I was so homesick cause it was my first time being away from mom, dad, siblings & basically home.:(. When I finally got back from my vacation and opened my bedroom door, I was so surprised that my parents had bought me a whole new bedroom set! It was really nice talaga! It was like a nice welcome back home gift!:love: Though, I no longer have that bedroom set (cause obviously many years have passed), I'll always cherish that moment, time & the most special gift from my mom & dad!:love:
  • kesoluvskesoluvs Your Handsome GF ✭✭✭
    got a card from my mom for my 18th birthday.. :)

its basically crafted by her own 2 hands.. and at that time may financial crisis pa sa family.
    she woke me up the morning of my birthday and gave the card to me.

marami na silang naibigay saken but that one touched me the most.
  • DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PExer
    Overnight stay at Corregidor. This was way back in the mid-90s, flew back home with my girlfriend (at that time). My dad's a history freak with regards to WW2. My mom hasn't been there yet. We reserved 2 rooms at the inn in the middle of the island - we were the only guests at that time. I can imagine my mom trying to listen to the walls wondering if I was naughty that night. :glee:

A few years ago, I sent my dad an old DVD of McArthur purchased from Amazon for $10 (alongside other old WW2 movies).
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier Your Personal Jesus PExer
    When we were new here we didn't have a lot of cash. But my first birthday here my dad took me to get new shoes for school. I almost felt guilty and small. I felt like it was a luxury overspent. But he bought me really cool Fila shoes and said that sometimes there's things you gotta spend money on and you just work harder to get what you want in life.

Sometimes it's good to remember where you came from.

Keeps you humble,

Jose P. Rizal
  • mimiwko1mimiwko1 Member PExer
    From my mom: a pair of earrings and a ring made of ________ .
    From my tatay: a pair of earrings, a bracelet, and necklace made of __________ .

Ako lang kasi ang babae sa aming magkakapatid so walang ibang pagmamanahan. Pero kasi hindi naman ako mahilig sa alahas. So i let them keep those things. Madalas kasi akong makawala ng gamit :rotflmao:
  • ExApparatusExApparatus Laban lang, 'te. PExer
    My life, intelligence, and face value (:lol:)

Talk about material things, I guess my laptop, BB, and Singapore trip. ;)
  • J05J05 Don't matter ✭✭
    Her prayers and guidance.
  • dukezahdukezah Sweet Geek PExer
    Instead na magdebut party ako, trip sa US nalang ang regalo nila sakin. Kaya di narin ako nagreklamo hahaha
  • gooseberrygooseberry very loosey ✭✭✭✭
    Undying support.
  • unconditional love :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file