Home PEx Family and Society Realm of Thought

How to be in control in Dreams?

I recently watched "Waking Life" and was thinking of how to be conscious of my actions while dreaming. Is there some trick to it? Some magic word that you say (Am I dreaming?) ? Has anyone experienced a mix of both consciousness?

Comments

• I am conscious of my actions when I'm dreaming... no tricks whatsoever
  • pollywogpollywog PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Me too. Minsan nga I can stop it (dreaming) at will! "Teka, bukas na uli, gigising na ako" or "Uy, nakakatakot na, iba naman..." something to that effect.
  • cramnhojcramnhoj PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I find some of the comments funny, anyway look into lucid dreaming. It's a bit like astral projection only you don't go into the real world but stay in your dreams. It's commonly triggered when you realize you're dreaming, exert your thoughts of what you want to happen and it does. However you'll see that thoughts turn into events all too quickly in dreams and the usual thought that comes up (if you're not yet used to doing it that is) is to think "why don't I wake up" which results in finding yourself awake.

No magic words, you could use affirmations. They say it works by reminding your subconscious (giving it instructions in the form of affirmations) to "wake" up your conscious mind while sleeping.

Well, I could go on and on about this but I'd rather not. Just post if wanna know anything specific.
  • Im really interested in this, I want to get to know my subconscious, the other side of who I am. Its tedious deducing, analyzing and understanding the how's and why's of myself, I'd rather go to the source.

Cramnhoj, if you have anything more to say in the matter, please fill up the page. What you're saying it similar to what Im trying, that is, to switch the light switches. They say if you try to switch off a light and it remains on, you're in a dream. Or utter "Am I in a dream?"

Still learning tough.
  • cramnhojcramnhoj PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Why don't you pm me your email address, I'll email you something to read.