booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
"You are fearless in a way that I shall never know."

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/v/village.php

The Village

Release Date: July 30, 2004
Studio: Touchstone Pictures
Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Screenwriter: M. Night Shyamalan
Starring: Joaquin Phoenix, Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, William Hurt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Brendan Gleeson, Judy Greer, Jayne Atkinson, Michael Pitt, Cherry Jones, Celia Weston, Fran Kranz
Genre: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Thriller

Official Website: TheVillage.movies.com

Plot Summary: In M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village," the Academy Award-nominated filmmaker, who brought you "The Sixth Sense" and "Signs," assembles an all-star cast, including Joaquin Phoenix and Sigourney Weaver and Academy Award-winners Adrien Brody and William Hurt, to bring to the screen the thrilling tale of an isolated village confronting the astonishing truth that lies just outside its borders. At first glance, this village seems picture perfect, but this close-knit community lives with the frightening knowledge that creatures reside in the surrounding woods. The evil and foreboding force is so unnerving that none dare venture beyond the borders of the village and into the woods. But when curious, headstrong Lucius Hunt plans to step beyond the boundaries of the town and into the unknown, his bold move threatens to forever change the future of the village.

MALAPIT NA!!!

Rate This Movie 39 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
17% 7 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
28% 11 votes
:) :) :) [b]Ok Lang[/b]
28% 11 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
15% 6 votes
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
10% 4 votes

Comments

• booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    thevillage_poster_small.jpg

ehem! WALA BANG M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN FANS DITO!?!?!?!?
  • lurklurk PExer
    count me in! i am a fan of Shyamalan's work... i love all of his film except Unbreakable...

i saw the trailer of The Village when I watched Van Helsing and I must say that his new project is really interesting... What I really love in all of his movies are the way he creates fresh takes on how to scare people... remember the Brazilian party footage in Signs? and the unbelievable ending in the Sixth Sense?

It's good that the trailer doesn't reveal much about the story...

I am looking forward to this one...

:ghost: a lurker prowls silently, not anymore...
    nai-intriga ako sa quote na ito, lurk:
    "You are fearless in a way that I shall never know."

whooo... moomoo...
  • lurklurk PExer
    yup...

glad they didnt show what's lurking in the woods... the unknown is more creepy...

:ghost: a lurker prowls silently, not anymore...
  • delphic_oracledelphic_oracle PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yeah, I basically liked Shyamalan but "Unbreakable" turned me off big time. Good thing I liked "Signs".

Hoping this will be one of his good ones.
  • i saw the trailer sa mtv screen... natakot ako kahit walang pinakitang kakaiba.. hehe :)

definitely going to watch it. :)
  • mullah_omarmullah_omar PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    lam nyo naman si shyamalan ang ipapakita sa triler sobra nakakatakot, madidisappoint lang kayo pag sa movie na mismo. parang yung unbreakable at signs, ang ganda trailer sobra nakakatakot, pero yung mismong palabas hindi na
  • Ano kaya role ni M. Night Shyamalan dito?

At saka notice ko lang, parang naging favorite na ata nya si Joaquin Phoenix noh?

Tongue.gif
  • JunoJuno PExer
    I'm looking forward to this one!! It looks good and eerie. I didn't like "signs", though...I found the aliens kinda corny. I hope this one makes up for it.

My favorite part in signs, though, is the part where Joaquin Phoenix was watching the news about the aliens spreading all over the world, and they were showing footage of children from mexico (?) running away from the aliens. Joaquin Phoenix started shouting "Vaminos, children!!!" at the TV. Tapos biglang may na-close up na alien, making Joaquin yello "OH!" in shock. Hehehehehehe..... :lol:
  • lurklurk PExer
    Juno: the news footage of the alien in Brazil simply is a classic, tatayo talaga balahibo mo kasi parang totoong nangyari... instead of us getting scared with the alien, baligtad ang nangyari e... sabi ko nga, ung mga hindi nakikita ang mas nakakatakot...

Delphic_Oracle: I dont like Unbreakable too... good thing Signs is better...
    lam nyo naman si shyamalan ang ipapakita sa triler sobra nakakatakot, madidisappoint lang kayo pag sa movie na mismo. parang yung unbreakable at signs, ang ganda trailer sobra nakakatakot, pero yung mismong palabas hindi na

siguro, m. night should stick to making trailers na lang.
  • I'm NOT a Shyamalan fan, but for Joaquin Phoenix, I will just about watch anything. :D So, yeah, I'm so there!
  • Big Shyamalan fan here, especially because he wrote all of his three movies. I like how he approach scenes and how he utilizes sound to heighten the euphoria or suspense of the moment. And when the punchline hits you, the sound bites you like a snake because of how heavy he had presented the travel to it.
    I liked all of his movies. I liked Sixth Sense because it taught us that not all things are what they seem to us, and that we have to learn to open ourselves to the vagaries of a situation, even though the situation may be graver than what we can take. I liked Unbreakable because it tells us people tend to neglect their gifts and optimize it for their or others' betterment. I loved Signs because (although I don't believe it) it discusses the common human nature that "There are no atheists in foxholes". I'm most definitely going to watch The Village.
  • personally, the only shyamalan film i liked was the sixth sense.
    i didn't like unbreakable and signs because it was boring.

although i admire shyamalan for creating unique storylines....
  • JunoJuno PExer
    arrrgh!! sorry - double post again. i've been doing this a lot lately...bagal kasi ng pex eh......heheehhhh :D
  • JunoJuno PExer
    Originally posted by lurk
    Juno: the news footage of the alien in Brazil simply is a classic, tatayo talaga balahibo mo kasi parang totoong nangyari... instead of us getting scared with the alien, baligtad ang nangyari e... sabi ko nga, ung mga hindi nakikita ang mas nakakatakot...

I agree....the unkown is much more frightful. I wish they made the aliens more mysterious, at least. Signs would have been a good movie, if it were not for the over-all "look" of the aliens.
  • can't wait to see this movie. i like sixth sense and unbreakable. Signs not really.
    meron pa bang mahihiraman na "Wide Awake" film ni M. Night sa pinas?

ito kasi ang unang pelikula niya eh.
  • jdlcjdlc PExer
    I liked the Sixth Sense but I already knew the ending beforehand so that spoiled the experience a little bit.
    I went whoah for the ending of Unbreakable but I'm not quite sure I liked it. I only saw this once. I may need to see it again.
    Signs was quite entertaining and sufficiently creepy. It wasn't about the payoff (read: twist or the lack thereof) but rather the effective buildup towards it.

Anticipating The Village.
    Do you think there's a big twist like in the Sixth Sense or Unbreakable or does it end similarly to the Signs where it was more of a realization than a twist? There's a lot of speculation towards the twists in this movie. I guess we'll only know once it comes out.

Here's a link to the first legitimate positive review for The Village:
    http://www.filmfocus.co.uk/review.asp?ReviewID=44