Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Cheating in CEBU???

Pimentel and Dilangalen raised allegations of massive fraud in Cebu! WOW! As a Cebuano I just cannot believe what I just read! This is an insult and attack on our integrity. Here are some of my thoughts:

Gloria
Many I've ask why they voted for Gloria. According to them they voted for Gloria not because they like Gloria but they want FPJ to lose! Many I've ask said they would have voted for Roco but when they realized that if they will vote for Roco, FPJ can still win. To make an impact they switch their vote to Gloria. I think this is what a newsman mentioned: Strategic Voting!

Sonny Osmena
Sonny Osmena did not win in Cebu. We percieved him as an anti-Cebuano eventhough he is a Cebuano. Many times he is the source of delays in implementation of projects here in Cebu.

Tomas Osmena
Tomas just got himself another fresh mandate. Plenty of negative things that were said about him that are true...his temper, he is strict. But that would paled in comparison when reviewing on his achievements and his projects for the city. I think cebuanos are result oriented voters. In fact, his party (BOPK) just won all the seats in the city council.

FPJ
True that when FPJ had his rally here in Cebu, plenty of people attended. They waited for hours for FPJ to deliver his platform, and what they got was a 5 minutes of nonsense!

Roco
Eventhough PROMDI led by Lito Osmena endorsed him but as said above people switched to GMA.

Cheating? NO WAY!!!

Comments

• ponsoponso PExer
    Sonny Osmena
    I would like to add, another colorful angle happened here was how was the son of Sonny, John-john Osmena lost in his bid for the gobernatorial seat in Cebu province. First was when a shipment of shabu making materials was intercepted and was traced or linked to John-john Osmena. Then adding a blow, he (Sonny) did not endorsed his son during his campaign sorties. I guess the saying: "Blood is thicker than water " would not apply to the Osmenas.
  • Hay naku, eto na naman yung mga taga-KNP naghahanap ng butas kahit saan.

They should just look at history alone ... talagang di nananalo si Erap or any of his allies here.

Erap did not win here in 1998.

During the senatorial elections right after Gloria was put in power, Cebu avoided the craven eleven and voted 13-1 in favor of the ruling coalition's slate, with only Noli De Castro getting in (he ran as an independent).

Also, none of the three candidates for governor this elections ran under FPJ. Alam nila that they will turn off a lot of voters if they allied with him.

It should be no surprise that Gloria won by a big margin here. Iba kasi ang mga Cebuano - hindi sila bilib sa artista. Taga-dito ako, everyone I asked here said they will be voting for Gloria, kahit executive pa yan o taxi driver o tindera. Mas discriminating ang mga voters dito, no?

Hindi lang kasi matanggap ng opposition na hindi nila maloko ang mga Cebuano. Gloria won fair and square here.
  • Originally posted by legolass
    During the senatorial elections right after Gloria was put in power, Cebu avoided the craven eleven and voted 13-1 in favor of the ruling coalition's slate, with only Noli De Castro getting in (he ran as an independent).
    you mean 12-1
  • jdlcjdlc PExer
    Hah. Cheating can happen anywhere. Not just in Cebu.

The sentiment in Cebu is generally anti-Erap/anti-FPJ.
  • sadirmatasadirmata PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ganyan na pala. nawala na yung word na "talo" o "natalo" sa political dictionary ng pilipinas. "dinaya" o "nadaya" ang right word.

pati yung mga lugar, kawawa rin. napagbabansagang lugar ng "mandaraya" o "pandaraya."

kala mo knp na lang kasi ang matino at mabait at walang bahid dungis ang politika. when in fact pare-pareho lang silang lahat na mga politiko na ang business ay politika at pamomolitika wherein normal lang ang pandaraya o panloloko para magtagumpay at manatili o umiral.
  • GMA, ginawa mong pugad ng pandaraya ang Cebu, maawa ka naman sa mga Cebuano, walang ng tubig, wala pang maayos na election. Kaya sumuko ka na talo ka na tigilan mo na ang pandaraya mo!
  • jdlcjdlc PExer
    ^
    ^
    :rolleyes:

I'll be more shocked if FPJ's count will compete with GMA's here in Cebu. If that happens, I'm more inclined to believe na nandaya ang KNP.

Bago mabansagan pa ako ng kung ano-ano. I never voted for either FPJ or GMA but I know who I don't like more.
  • Bakit Earthling, taga-dito ka ba at nasabi mo yan? Huwag kang magsalita ng ganyan kung hindi ka naman taga-Cebu. And the water crisis here isn't as bad as it is in Manila, methinks.

It just makes me sore that they are going down to tainting the elections here in Cebu just because FPJ didn't win here. Hellooo, parang invincible naman yan. Obvious talaga na they are all in denial, kasi kampante sila sa popularidad ni FPJ. Well, haven't they learned it's a bit harder now to fool the Filipino voters, more so the Cebuanos?

bikoy, thank you, I got my numbers wrong pala.
  • Originally posted by Earthling2003
    GMA, ginawa mong pugad ng pandaraya ang Cebu, maawa ka naman sa mga Cebuano, walang ng tubig, wala pang maayos na election. Kaya sumuko ka na talo ka na tigilan mo na ang pandaraya mo!

Anong walang tubig??? Saan ka ba dito sa cebu ngayon at paliguan kita???
  • salamat sa mga cebuanos! ang boto nila ang sasagip sa bansa mula sa demonyong Koalisyon ng mga NATALO at PIKON!
  • freedom of expression gentlemen of congress...

shut up dilanggalen and pimentel. shut up!
  • k-4 corruption coalition????
    HUHHH?????????

sino ba ang nasa likod ni fpj? THE MARCOSES. THE ESTRADAS.
    AT IDAGDAG MO PA SI SOTTO. SINO ANG MGA CORRUPT HA?

matauhan ka nga!
  • shawsankshawsank PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I Salute the Cebuano's!
    Wais, honest at peace-loving talaga mga tao dito, kaya maunlad ang Cebu! International communities has a very high regards with the people and the leaders of Cebu! kaya they prefer to invest here. In fact kaya nga booming ang IT Companies/e-services sa Cebu Business Park. They are competing with Manila sa dami ng jobs from these international companies.

And with these crooks LOSING KNP Politico's destroying the image of Cebu -> EAT YOUR *** dahil ANAY na lang kayo!
    The name of the game of these KNP LOSERS is to discredit and destroy all the government institution that will pave way to GMA's victory. I would not be surprised if even the Supreme Court will be their next target. But I believe in the end, GOOD will prevail over these EVIL KNP POLITICIANS!

SO SHUT UP LOSERS!!!
  • Many I've ask why they voted for Gloria. According to them they voted for Gloria not because they like Gloria but they want FPJ to lose! Many I've ask said they would have voted for Roco but when they realized that if they will vote for Roco, FPJ can still win. To make an impact they switch their vote to Gloria. I think this is what a newsman mentioned: Strategic Voting!

Yup this is true. Hay...
  • :handsdown: Cebuanos :handsdown:
  • Originally posted by yellowsuzi
    k-4 corruption coalition????
    HUHHH?????????

sino ba ang nasa likod ni fpj? THE MARCOSES. THE ESTRADAS.
    AT IDAGDAG MO PA SI SOTTO. SINO ANG MGA CORRUPT HA?

matauhan ka nga!
    that wasn't the point of argument, yellowsuzi. does that make K-$ less corrupt? when they're opponents are corrupt too?
  • Originally posted by bikoy_vil
    that wasn't the point of argument, yellowsuzi. does that make K-$ less corrupt? when they're opponents are corrupt too?
    Sure ... their opponents are corrupt too.
  • benj20_phbenj20_ph PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Earthling2003
    GMA, ginawa mong pugad ng pandaraya ang Cebu, maawa ka naman sa mga Cebuano, walang ng tubig, wala pang maayos na election. Kaya sumuko ka na talo ka na tigilan mo na ang pandaraya mo!

history has revealed that the Cebuanos are consistent intelligent voters...stick that into your brain...well meron ka nga ba?! :mad:
  • angstangst PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Cebuanos do not like the Filipino movie stars. In fact, some of them have this notion that watching Filipino movies is so baduy.

Kaya, asa pa si FPJ na mananalo sya sa Cebu.
  • hoy. hindi naman. i watched milan, e. at patay na patay ako kay piolo pascual. bwehehehe.

but not that i would vote for piolo as president. nah ah.

that said. cebuanos do watch filipino movies and filipino soap operas and what nots in tv. but we do know how to distinguish entertainment and politics. we vote wisely. and entertainers really have a rather difficult time getting voted to office here.