COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

the DA VINCI CODE : some things to think about

funk_youfunk_you ........... PExer
guys...im confused...22o ba yung sinasabi ni dan brown about sa holy grail? is it true that the bible is made by men not God ... edited daw kasi by constantine to make jesus look "godly" and not human. is it true na si mary magdalene ang wife ni jesus? im really confused about this book ... can u guys enlighten me (sorry im stupid) . is it true or is it pure fiction?

Comments

• pollywogpollywog ...just because PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Naku dito mo pa sa thread na ito mo yan itinanong, siguradong H I N D I ang isasagot nila!

Try to research then find your own truth. Look at the two sides of the coin then decide for yourself which one to believe...
    Naku dito mo pa sa thread na ito mo yan itinanong, siguradong H I N D I ang isasagot nila!

Try to research then find your own truth. Look at the two sides of the coin then decide for yourself which one to believe...
  • salermosalermo Lion PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by pollywog

HINDI what? Hindi true? Hindi fiction? :confused:
  • raggsterraggster ghost in the shell PExer
    :lol:

Dan Brown himself said his book is a work of fiction. the only allusion he makes to it being "true" is when he said that his research "bears merit." other than that, Mr. Brown never makes any categorical claims to his writings being truth.

the question is, are you going to take the author's word for it, or should one insist on his/her own impressions? ;)
    Originally posted by salermo
    HINDI what? Hindi true? Hindi fiction? :confused:

...na hindi totoo yung mga nakalagay dun.
  • funk_youfunk_you ........... PExer
    i learned something yesterday...pag bible na ang pinaguusapan...u dont ask anymore...whats written is final...
  • funk_youfunk_you ........... PExer
    i was in a weird mood kasi yesterday...and i feel guilty...but anyway, u just post whats on your mind...dan brown is really convincing...but in the end u really have to think...
  • DoctorNODoctorNO 0(-v-)0 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by raggster
    :lol:

Dan Brown himself said his book is a work of fiction. the only allusion he makes to it being "true" is when he said that his research "bears merit." other than that, Mr. Brown never makes any categorical claims to his writings being truth.

the question is, are you going to take the author's word for it, or should one insist on his/her own impressions? ;)

Sabi mismo ni mr Brown? Saan nya sinabi yan? Para maipakita ko dun sa isang taong naniniwalang magasawa si jesus at mary magdalene. thanks. :)
  • Alt+Ctrl+DelAlt+Ctrl+Del Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    From Wikipedia:

Priory of Sion

There was much speculation as to just what the Prieur? de Sion or Sionis Prioratus is. In its English translation it is usually rendered as Priory of Sion, or even Priory of Zion. It was an elusive protagonist in many works of both non-fiction and fiction, and it had been characterized as anything from the most covertly powerful secret society in Western history to a modern Rosicrucian-esque ludibrium but in fact it has been exposed as an elaborate hoax.

More
    Priory of Sion is NOT a hoax. There was a special on EWTN about the shroud of Turin, saying that the Priory were once the guardian of the said shroud.

But if the shroud is a hoax(as what non christians believe), well...
    PRIORY OF SION: THE FACTS, THE THEORIES, THE MYSTERY

http://www.fiu.edu/~mizrachs/poseur3.html

"Is there any basis to these claims? Here is what it is apparently true: there was indeed an Order of Sion based on Mt. Sion, and according to a papal bull of the 12th century, it had monasteries and abbeys elsewhere in Palestine (in particular, Mount Carmel), in southern Italy (Calabria), and in France. There is little in the official histories linking Godfroi to this order, but he is said to have founded the Order of the Holy Sepulchre, whose relationships to these other orders (the Temple and Sion) are unclear. And the official histories do not indicate any overlap between these monks and the soldier-monks of the Knights Templar. The Order seems to have occupied its "mother" abbey, Notre Dame de Sion/St. Mary of Mt. Zion, built on the foundations of the original apostolic Cenacle or Coelaneum, up until around 1291 or so, when like many Crusader holdings, it was overwhelmed by the Moslem onslaught. It actually was in the hands of the Franciscans for several more centuries, until it finally was lost to Christian ownership and was converted to a mosque. '

Why am I not surprised. Of course, any christian website would dismiss Da Vinci Code as a hoax/fiction!
  • BailBail Deep Thought PExer
    how much is the DA VINCI code book?
    The one I bought was 775p at national bookstore. Pero meron nag pocket-book edition ngayon, 350 na lang ata...
  • WarderTrainedWarderTrained Member PExer
    Priory of Sion is NOT a hoax. There was a special on EWTN about the shroud of Turin, saying that the Priory were once the guardian of the said shroud.

But if the shroud is a hoax(as what non christians believe), well...

Actually, the actions of the modern Catholic Church concerning the Shroud show a great deal more openmindedness than what you credit Christians with.

God I hate getting into pointlessly antagonistic and irresoluble arguments.
  • einein My Redeemer lives! PExer
    Why am I not surprised. Of course, any christian website would dismiss Da Vinci Code as a hoax/fiction!

Can't face the facts? :)
  • raggsterraggster ghost in the shell PExer
    Originally posted by DoctorNO
    Sabi mismo ni mr Brown? Saan nya sinabi yan? Para maipakita ko dun sa isang taong naniniwalang magasawa si jesus at mary magdalene. thanks. :)

it was in an interview, kaya lang it was on a site i browsed while surfing. can't remember the URL, sorry.

but as far as memory serves, I do remember that Dan Brown has only gone so far as to say that his research deserves "merit," and that the ideas presented in his book aren't original to him. He's never claimed it to be completely factual outright, although i think he personally believes his own writing, or at least the basis for the writing.

anyway, it's easy to prove that it's a work of fiction. somewhere in the book, the novel states Leonardo da Vinci's "The Virgin of the Rocks," which in the Louvre, is "a five-foot-tall canvas," even though a quick check on the Internet or in an encyclopedia shows that it is actually six-and-a-half feet in height. if it's a factual book, Dan Brown sure isn't careful about his facts. and just imagine: if he was inaccureate about something that's so easy to check, then what more his obscure references? :confused:
  • Casta DivaCasta Diva La Rhine Joyeuse PExer
    What is truth?
  • «FickleMinded»«FickleMinded» LessThanPerfect PExer
    lightoflife2.gif
    *pexadik*--"You can't handle the truth" :belat:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file