Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

Can Any1 share their recipe of Protein bars? or like LOW SATURATED fat recipes?

hehe.. baka merong may alam. or kahit resto lang.. ty. :D

Comments

• GilmoreGalGilmoreGal PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Let me know if u tried it and if they taste good :)

Peanut Butter Protein Bars
    Some people have told me that these bars stick to their teeth, which might result from adding too much water. I try to use as little water as possible, making it more of a moldable matrix instead of a slimy mess. Just be sure to drink a lot of water with the bars so you can digest the protein.

Makes 4 bars

Ingredients:
    4 scoops whey protein powder
    8 Tbs flax meal (ground flax seeds)
    5 tablespoons natural peanut butter

Instructions:
    Mix these together in a bowl, adding � cup water (or less if you can manage) and splenda to taste. At first, it will seem like it�s not enough water, but keep stirring, and it will eventually become a moldable blob of dough that looks like what you would imagine it will on the way out of your body.

Divide the mixture in half, and put it into separate pieces of plastic wrap, shaping into a bar within the wrap. It�s easier to shape them by laying plastic wrap in one side of a small casserole dish, pressing the dough into the natural shape of the dish.

Put the bars into the fridge, or store them in the freezer. You can eat them chilled, or even frozen, or you can eat it right out of the bowl with a spoon if you�re feeling impatient.

Macronutrient Profile
    (For each bar using Optimum Nutrition Whey and Smuckers Natural PB):
    K/cal: 325
    Fat: 19g
    Carbs: 14g (8.5g Net)
    Fiber - 5.5g
    Protein: 30g

another one
    2 cups rolled oats
    6 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp clover honey
    1 1/2 cup ON Chocolate whey
    1/2 to 3/4 cup 1% Milk

Heat 1/2 cup milk together with peanut butter and honey just enough for the ingredients to mix well. Pour in the rolled oats and mix well, then pour in the protein powder and mix. At this point it may seem like the mix is very dry, but keep mixing. If you really do find not enough moisture, add a few drops of milk until it all mixes well. Then, lay it out in a flat pan, wait for it to cool down and cut.
  • hehe.. i wonder why theres always peanut butter added in all protein bars and energy bars. :D anyways.. this is my own recipe. I'll try yours next week. I dont like the junk they serve in skul, its got lots of fat.. :D Because I am limited on my options for pre-workout meals while in school, I bring these along. They are very easy to make, and portable at that! Give them a try and let me know what you think din also.. :D

INGREDIENTS

10 tbsp. natural peanut butter
    5 egg whites
    5 scoops whey protein (I use chocolate flavord)
    2 cups oats (OPTIONAL: For flavor, I dry cook these on a frying pan until they are toasted)
    1/2 cup soy milk (Vitasoy is ok)
    X (some other dried berries for toppings)

DIRECTIONS

Mix the peanut butter and egg whites in a bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and mix well (so that the mixture appears smooth). Repeat 4-5 times until all traces of egg whites have dissolved into the peanut butter, and your mixture is a smooth consistent one.

Gradually add the protein (one scoop at a time) and stir into the mixture. Next, add the soy milk and follow with the oats. Continue mixing until a thick 'sticky' mixture is present.

Smooth the thick mixture into a 13x9 tray and leave for 20-30 minutes. Cut into 10 equal size bars. Individually wrap each bar (I use aluminum foil) and store in the fridge.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 Bar

Calories: 220
    Protein: 20.1g
    Fat: 10.1g
    Carbohydrates: 15.1g

~Always train as hard as possible, but ever at the expense of form~ ;)
  • san po nakakabili ng protein powder ??