Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Haibane Renmei // Ailes Grise

delphic_oracledelphic_oracle PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
It's sad that this is a beautiful anime but I don't know anybody else to discuss it with.

Anyone out there?

Comments

• The creators of Lain and NieA_7 never lets me down, another excellent anime. Though you will never get your questions answered, having them as it is makes the thing feel more real than most. This type of anime makes you feel as if you are part of their world.

It's actually based on an original doujinshi by NieA/Lain character designer Yoshitoshi Abe, so this makes it the first, if not one of the first, anime based on a doujinshi (fan comics).

It's one of the best anime in the Animax lineup but sadly nobody seems to notice... I like their plug for the show as well (neither human nor angels), hehe.
  • delphic_oracledelphic_oracle PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    True.

It's really a pity that most anime people don't even give this one a chance. One of the most wonderful ones I've watched.

It's short at 13 episodes and I'd would have wanted to explore further the relationships of the characters.

It's a poem made into anime. :)
  • CSMeekaiCSMeekai PEx Rookie ⭐
    one of the most melancholic setting i have ever watched...

you could get dragged by the confusion, the rage, the insecurities and the pain that some characters may posses.... yet, you could get to feel the hope and the simple joys they have.

poetry does play in each episode...

beautiful...
  • JC00JC00 PExer
    I watched the fansubs a while back. My bro didn't like it because he said the storyline is slow. I love it though. One of the best finales I've ever seen and it's also one of the very few good animes the past year or so.
  • delphic_oracledelphic_oracle PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Watching it end for the third time still gives me butterflies in my tummy... *sigh*

So, I wondering about a few things. Some unclear things. I hope someone's in the mood to talk. :D

What happens when a "sinner" never gets forgiven? Does he'/she become a teller who doesn't have any connection to human and gray wings?

I have some more but this will do... :)
  • guys, could you give me the spoilers? (detailed if necessary or with your opinions on the situation). di ko na kase masundan ng sunud-sunod e ...

salamat !!

donwloaded the ost for it btw ... very relaxing in a haunting sort of way
    i wonder if animax has a rerun for this... anybody aware of the sked, if ever?
  • i'm so relieved to find a thread on haibane renmie :)

i'm not much of an anime fan, but i got hooked on this one..

it's comforting to know that i'm not the only one :D
  • i came across this by accident but then i fell in love with it..
    i started watching it whenever i can pero sadly di ko napanood yng lahat na episodes.. :(

the story is very haunting.. although it started slow but as the story unfolds it makes you want to watch the entire of it..

the characters are also very intriguing.. i especially like reki.. you can sense her inner turmoil..

delphic oracle: i guess when a sinner never gets forgiven she goes through some sort of "eternal damnation".. sa tingin ko kse yng the entire place is some sort of a limbo or purgaturio.. when a grey wing realized whatever she needs to realize she wll then move on (or should i say go across the wall) hence "heaven".. but if she failed (or remained a sinner) she'll go to "hell".. something like that..

HB0027.jpg
    i started watching it whenever i can pero sadly di ko napanood yng lahat na episodes.. :(

the story is very haunting.. although it started slow but as the story unfolds it makes you want to watch the entire of it..

the characters are also very intriguing.. i especially like reki.. you can sense her inner turmoil..

delphic oracle: i guess when a sinner never gets forgiven she goes through some sort of "eternal damnation".. sa tingin ko kse yng the entire place is some sort of a limbo or purgaturio.. when a grey wing realized whatever she needs to realize she wll then move on (or should i say go across the wall) hence "heaven".. but if she failed (or remained a sinner) she'll go to "hell".. something like that..

HB0027.jpg

HB0027.jpg

HB0027.jpg
  • sori abt the multiple entries.. i didn't mean to.. nagloloko IE ko e..
    i actually didn't like it at first... but as the story progresses, it gets more interesting and intriguing nga...

:)