COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

God's Questions & Problems

DoctorNODoctorNO 0(-v-)0 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
God’s Questions:
    • Why am I here? • Why am I the only one here? • Is there anybody else out there? • Did someone create me? • What is the meaning of Life?
God’s Problems:
    • Boredom • Loneliness

You may say that God knows everything and has power over everything. But isnt "everything" limited to what you sense and understand? Wisdom demands that God consider the possibility that an unrevealed greater Being dictates what his mind understands as "everything". And with that possibility should come the fear that his actions might led to his judgement later on.

So if what I said was true does that negate God's godhood? No. Even with those limitations he would still be the supreme being over his creation. His perfect knowledge of creation, His ultra supernatural powers, His immunity from everything we can throw at him, His immortality, those things still make him God, God over us.

I think its just important to understand that even for a God everything could not possibly mean everything.

Hey Im still agnostic.

Comments

• Casta DivaCasta Diva La Rhine Joyeuse PExer
    The purpose and end of our existence here on earth is to be happy, and to find joy, and to be fulfilled in our walk.

This is the purpose why God Himself is existing, which is to have glory in Himself. In the Holy Bible it is said that God created man and woman, and when He looked at His creation, He said, "It is good".

So that therefore it is also for the purpose of God's glory that we are created, and not just for any other thing.

If you love someone, you would also want to share any good thing that you have to him or her. The same is true with God and why He is also existing.

However, why God is also existing aside from us is not necessary for us to know in order for us to be saved. What God has revealed are only those things that would pertain to our salvation, and any revelation about Him that would not be necessaryh for us to know in order for us to be saved would not be good for Him to reveal to us.

Such is the reason why God is also existing and the reason why He is also.
  • BartoloxBartolox I AM WHO AM PExer
    Originally posted by Casta Diva The purpose and end of our existence here on earth is to be happy, and to find joy, and to be fulfilled in our walk.

This is the purpose why God Himself is existing, which is to have glory in Himself. In the Holy Bible it is said that God created man and woman, and when He looked at His creation, He said, "It is good".
    :confused: There is a reason for God's existence? Now that's new. I never thought an eternal being can have a purpose for it's existence.
    So that therefore it is also for the purpose of God's glory that we are created, and not just for any other thing.

If you love someone, you would also want to share any good thing that you have to him or her. The same is true with God and why He is also existing.
    :eek: God created us for His glory? That God must be full of Himself to create robots whose only purpose is to glorify Him. Oh wait. I think the term should be "insecure"
    However, why God is also existing aside from us is not necessary for us to know in order for us to be saved.
    Why? Is it too much to ask? Why would I want to be saved in the first place if I do not have knowledge of this God? It is this kind of slave mentality that forced me of Christianity
    What God has revealed are only those things that would pertain to our salvation, and any revelation about Him that would not be necessaryh for us to know in order for us to be saved would not be good for Him to reveal to us.

Such is the reason why God is also existing and the reason why He is also.
    Such is the mind of this egocentric God.
  • golden_chestgolden_chest Member PExer
    Nagkakaproblema pala ang Diyos? - ngayon ko lang nalaman un a...

"God does not play dice" Albert Einstein
  • HBBHBB Member PExer
    How about something from the Vedas for you, Doc?

The Hymn of Creation
    At that time there was neither
    existence nor non-existence,
    neither the worlds nor the sky.
    There was nothing that was beyond.
    There was no death, nor immortality.
    There was no knowledge of the day and night.
    That one alone breathed, without air, by itself.
    Besides that there was nothing.
    Darkness there was enveloped by darkness.
    All this was one water, without any distinction.
    It was inactive, covered by void.
    That one became active by the power of its own thought.
    There came upon it at first desire,
    which was the first seed of the mind.
    Men of vision found in their meditative state,
    the connection between the Being and the Non-Being.
    All gods were subsequent to this creative activity.
    Then who knows from where this came into existence!
    Where this creation came from ,
    whether He supported it or not,
    He who is controlling it from the highest of the heavens,
    He perhaps knows it or He knows it not ! (Rig Veda X.129)
  • HBBHBB Member PExer
    I kinda like this translation better:

There was not then what is nor what is not. There was no sky, and no heaven beyond the sky. What power was there? Where? Who ws that power? Was there an abyss of fathomless waters?

There was neither death nor immortality then. No signs were there of night or day. The One was breathing on its own power, in deep peace. Only the One was: there was nothing beyond.

Darkness was hidden in darkness. The all was fluid and formless. Therein, in the void, by the fire of fervour, arose the One.

And in the One arose love. Love the first seed of soul. The truth of this the sages found in their hearts: seeking in their hearts with wisdom, the sages found that bond of union between being and non-being.

Who knows in truth? Who can tell us whence and how arose the universe? The gods are later than its beginning: who knows therefore whence comes this creation?

Only the God who sees in the highest heaven: He only knows whence comes this universe, and whether it was made or uncreated. He only knows, or perhaps He knows not.
  • DoctorNODoctorNO 0(-v-)0 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    DAMN GOOD!

"the One arose" - meaning he evolved too, or that he had a beginning.

"perhaps he knows not" - meaning he considers the possibility that there is something greater than him that he is not aware of.

Thanks, HBB. :)
  • rickymrickym Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    DoctorNO said:
    ""perhaps he knows not" - meaning he considers the possibility that there is something greater than him that he is not aware of."

a psychic once told me that even god (not necessarily the supreme being) may not be aware of his creations. just like humans( as minor gods) when we think, we create thought forms(entities which are created by the process of directing the will). for her god creates simply because it is his/her nature to do so.

from HBB from Rig Veda X.129
    "That one became active by the power of its own thought.
    There came upon it at first desire,
    which was the first seed of the mind."

an entity was created by simply having a will, not necessarily a physical body
  • HBBHBB Member PExer
    Originally posted by DoctorNO

"perhaps he knows not" - meaning he considers the possibility that there is something greater than him that he is not aware of.
    That's one way of looking at it. Another way is by seeing this phrase as meaning that the author did not consider it important that this One in the highest heaven knows where He came from. What is important to the author is that Love arose from this One, the first seed of soul, which the sages found to be the bond of union between being and non-being.

Even the gods, the author said, cannot know how the universe arose, because they were created later. Therefore we can see that the author didnt claim to know the truth: what the One knows and doesnt know. But the One who sees in the highest heaven, who arose and came into being on its own, probably knows. And if He doesnt, it's cool with him anyway. Like you said in your first post:
    So if what I said was true does that negate God's godhood? No. Even with those limitations he would still be the supreme being over his creation. His perfect knowledge of creation, His ultra supernatural powers, His immunity from everything we can throw at him, His immortality, those things still make him God, God over us.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file