Home PEx Classifieds

Attn: Bernadette Deocareza-An Open Explanation

This aims to clear the issue on the pair of Nike rubber shoes which you bought from me sometime April 26 or thereabouts.

Prior to our exchange, you were already asking me thru text if the shoes were really original. I told you that they were and offered to bring them to a Nike outlet to have it authenticized. Anyway, that didn't happen so I delivered the shoes to you in your office as agreed. As a normal procedure, I asked you to check the goods you had reserved, which you did. In fact, you ended up not getting a pair of Roxy boardshorts because you said you didn't know that they were the long kind. No harm done because you still purchased the other items, including the Nike rubber shoes.

Today, May 7 nearly 2 weeks after you purchased the shoes, I received a text from you asking for a refund because (in your own words) "nagtitipak-tipak yung rubber! hindi naman mangyayari yan kung orig yung shoes". So I called you to ask what the problem was. Sabi mo nga nagtitipak-tipak. My next question was if you used them already. To which you replied, "Yes, last weekend". I was ticked off because of the subtle accusation you made in your text that the shoes may not be original as I claimed them to be so I just told you na "hindi ako masisira for a pair of shoes and I would just return your money next week".

Then you texted me again, "Sorry for the inconvenience. See u next week". During which I was already in a conversation with some of my co-sellers in another forum who can vouch for my reputation. And they told me that it didn't make sense that I should return your money because I gave the item to you in good condition.

To cut a long story short, we exchanged several text messages because I realized I had to fight it out not because of the money but because of the principle behind everything. Again and again, you mentioned in your texts that the damage wouldn't have occured if the shoes were original and IN FACT it probably wouldn't even happen to a fake pair! Naturally, I felt even more insulted! Wouldn't you, if someone said the same thing?

And over and over again, I offered to accompany you to a Nike store so that we can settle this issue once and for all and I can disprove your claim that the shoes may be fake. But you never took my offer and instead kept on insisting that I just refund your money. You even called me an irresponsible seller!

Tell me something...how can you say I'm irresponsible when the shoes were good enough for you to use after you bought them from me? If I'm irresponsible, you should've seen the damage even before you used them! But even you yourself said it was damaged AFTER you used them. So where does my fault lie in that?

We both have our doubts. You about the shoes' originality and I about the circumstances that led to the shoes being damaged. I believe you're at an advantage here because you can very easily settle your issue by (like I suggested sooooo many times) taking the shoes to ANY Nike store and having them look at it. I, on the other hand, have no guarantee (except your word).

Sure, it's 2nd hand! I never denied that to you or to any of the others who inquired about my stuff. Kasi you're sayin na 2nd hand naman sya so expected lang na hindi na ganon ka-tibay. You're correct! That's why I sold it for half the price I bought it! I didn't put one over you by overcharging you or lying about the originality of the shoes!

Now we're down to whether I'm going to refund your money or not. Like I said in my most recent text, it's the prerogative of the seller to refund or not based on the circumstances and here are the circumstances...(1) you bought the shoes almost 2 wks ago and you only told me about the damage today, (2) you said it yourself, you used them already and you even admitted that they were damaged after you used them.

Given these...wouldn't it be sheer martyrdom on my part to refund you the money even if you're not asking for the full amount?

Anyway, I hope I've made myself clear. I had to post my concerns here because I still have one pair left that I've been trying to sell and I don't want anybody to think that I'm going around pulling people's legs.

I've been selling for a long time now and I've nothing to be ashamed of.

Comments

• pexpresspexpress PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    how long was the 2nd hand rubber shoes in storage prior to the sale.... its known that rubber "crumbles" when used then stored then used again....
  • To answer your question, pexpress...they were with me less than a year or a year tops. The point is, they were not damaged in any way when I handed them over to the buyer. I checked them before I decided to sell them and so did she before she paid me.
  • If I were you, I wouldn't return her money. It's not your fault she didn't want to have the shoes authenticated even when you offered. I also find it highly suspect that she would text only after two weeks. Who knows how many times and in what manner she used the shoes? I've had my Nike's for 3 years now and eventhough I rarely use them, they're still in great condition.

You did your part as a seller. No seller would knowingly sell a product that could destroy her reputation.
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i agree with JoieDeVivre

there was this buyer of my cameras. i told her to bring batteries for her to test first the merchandise. she didn't bring them so she wasn't able to test it. she asked me if it's damaged and i said no, which is the truth i tested it before and it works perfectly fine. but then she texted me days later that it doesn't work. she wants a refund. to cut the story short, i didn't give it to her. why should i when i said that she should bring batteries to try the camera out.

another thing is that she also bought a polaroid cam from me (the one that produces neoprint-size pics) at a very low price of 300 pesos (the orig price is 600-800). i gave in to her request for a lower price because i said that i'm not sure if there were still stores selling the film needed in that camera. i've been a perfectly honest seller in my opinion.

then she texted me saying that she should get a refund because she can no longer find a film for the polaroid. oh. my. god. kaya nga binigay ko na ng 300 e! :grrr:
  • Thanks joiedevivre and cucumbermelon!

I honestly believe I did my part as a seller. First of all, I always double check on the stuff that I sell because the last thing I want is to be accused of putting one over my buyers. I really made sure it was presentable and even had my household help clean it thoroughly. I don't like selling stuff that look old even if I know I can make a quick buck.

I reasoned out that even well-known establishments will not return your money if they find out you've already used the merchandise and she said that's a different story because the item is brand new. In this case, it's 2nd hand so I should give some allowance. Regardless of the situation, the point is the item was already used and damaged AFTER use.
  • By the way...her username here in PEX is Badettie. And I've heard from a couple other people who say she's really difficult to deal with. Guess I'm not alone.

Please be careful...;)
  • i know the girl your talking about! She's my batchmate(actually same course kami pero different block) Grabe naman pala nangyari. If i were in your shoes, i will not refund her money. Kasi bago nya binili ung shoes eh chineck naman pala nya(meaning in good condition un nung nakuha nya) otherwise,she shouldn't have bought it kung may damage na.
  • guys, kung papansinin niyo... ang bababa ng mga second hand items natin dito! because we know na nagamit na talaga natin... wag naman sana masyadong mataas yun expectations na dapat parang "brand new" and all kasi, hindi na talaga e!

as for the ones with high expectations, sa department store nalang kayo bumili (will all due respect) kasi dun bago... assumption kasi lagi pag bago walang sira :P

for the sellers, let's all stick with the priciple that honesty is the best policy. kung ano talaga, yan talaga. promise it really works wonders! :) sa dami ng nabenta ko sa past, ive always been honest and ive got loyal customers who comes back to buy my stuff kahit minsan, hindi ko na talaga kayang babaan yun price kasi sagad na coz they know hindi ko sila lolokohin. i know you guys have this experience and ang saya diba? :)

sa buyers naman, check before you leave! mabuti ng kaliwaan diba? may say kayo sa gamit na bibilhin niyo. pag may nakita kayong sira, sabihin niyo agad! wag kayo mahiya! :P right niyo yan! pero wag naman na nakuha niyo na and lampas 1 day tsaka kayo magsasabi... diba? :)

tignan mo, nakakahiya diba? napost pa name niyo sa thread. parang "bad credit" sa credit card. mahihirapan ka ng bumili ng gamit dito, baka d ka na maglolog-in sa sobraaang hiya na baka may magreply sa post mo na "diba ikaw yun..."

Please visit! www.picturetrail.com/kathkathkath
  • pbrgpbrg PExer
    Hay! Ang labo nya talaga kausap, that's why I gave her a bad feedback before... Sa case ko naman, pinaasa ako na she'll buy my stuff na pina-reserve nya then biglang hndi na nag text.
  • Originally posted by kathkath
    guys, kung papansinin niyo... ang bababa ng mga second hand items natin dito! because we know na nagamit na talaga natin... wag naman sana masyadong mataas yun expectations na dapat parang "brand new" and all kasi, hindi na talaga e!

as for the ones with high expectations, sa department store nalang kayo bumili (will all due respect) kasi dun bago... assumption kasi lagi pag bago walang sira :P

for the sellers, let's all stick with the priciple that honesty is the best policy. kung ano talaga, yan talaga. promise it really works wonders! :) sa dami ng nabenta ko sa past, ive always been honest and ive got loyal customers who comes back to buy my stuff kahit minsan, hindi ko na talaga kayang babaan yun price kasi sagad na coz they know hindi ko sila lolokohin. i know you guys have this experience and ang saya diba? :)

sa buyers naman, check before you leave! mabuti ng kaliwaan diba? may say kayo sa gamit na bibilhin niyo. pag may nakita kayong sira, sabihin niyo agad! wag kayo mahiya! :P right niyo yan! pero wag naman na nakuha niyo na and lampas 1 day tsaka kayo magsasabi... diba? :)

tignan mo, nakakahiya diba? napost pa name niyo sa thread. parang "bad credit" sa credit card. mahihirapan ka ng bumili ng gamit dito, baka d ka na maglolog-in sa sobraaang hiya na baka may magreply sa post mo na "diba ikaw yun..."

Please visit! www.picturetrail.com/kathkathkath

Agree with you! Both seller and buyer have to be responsible. The seller must make sure he/she exercises complete honesty with regard to the items being sold. Yung buyer naman, must do whatever it takes to ensure she is getting value for her money.

In the case of Badettie, I made it clear in my post that I was willing to meet up in Shang Mall, Podium or Glorietta pero she wanted the stuff delivered to her office. Which I did without complaint!

So sana naman, watch your tongue and think twice before calling me irresponsible!
  • Originally posted by pbrg
    Hay! Ang labo nya talaga kausap, that's why I gave her a bad feedback before... Sa case ko naman, pinaasa ako na she'll buy my stuff na pina-reserve nya then biglang hndi na nag text.

Thanks, pbrg. So Badettie, who's irresponsible now? :p
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    In fairness to Badettie, she bought some stuff from me and everything went smoothly.
  • She's really difficult to deal with. Ang talas pa ng dila (or should i say thumb kc thru text kmi nagcocommunicate). Cya un 2nd na pinaka nakakainis na ka-deal ko so far. Un una is _ _ _ _ _ _ (nick nya yan) pero un name _ _ _ _ _ _. Andito din c 1st na nakakainis, i'm so tempted to fill in those blanks na hehe!
  • Ice_pink, i told u before I am not already getting the item but u are d one who keeps on texting me!

Actually, I don't really like the first pants that I bought from you but I still made another transaction from you because I think you're kind to deal with!

If I haven't bought the bag, it's my prerogative after all, I told you naman na if there's someone is willing to buy the items you can sell it!
  • Pbrg, you are the one who didn't text after I told you I am just going to get one of the items that I told you.

Hindi kita pinaasa! I'm urgent in telling you that I am not already getting the other items coz they are just quite the same from the items that I've bought from other sellers.
  • Pattybee, I am not irresponsible buyer!

I told you to give me till april 29 but I did get the items earlier than what I told you.

I told you I don't really have the means to go anywhere because it's our peak period. You have the option not to deliver but you did and I am grateful for that.

What happened to the shoes was really a buyer's risk!
    So, I can't do anything about it anymore!

After all, I didn't really scrutinized the item coz it's dark in the place where you delivered the item & I'm kind of in a hurry @ that time.So, that is my fault!
  • badettie: actually, yah, its your fault... hindi sapat na reason yun nagmamadali ka and madilim... sana flashlightan mo... or sana hindi mo muna binili... pagbumili ka ba ng 2nd hand car tapos nasira after a week dahil sa suspension, pwede mo ba ibalik dahil hindi mo nakita yun ilalim ng car? hindi... risk yun on buying 2nd hand items, and dapat icheck mo muna yun product...
  • yups, i agree. it was your risk, you took it....so dont run after pattybee for a refund. you cant just buy an item, use it, then find ways to have your money back. that is not fair at all.

well, i hope its all settled.
This discussion has been closed.