Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Which do u prefer his/her physical appearance or inner beauty?

Let's face it, if you just met the person, chances are high that the appearance is the primary reason for him/her to catch your attention. It's not really fair, pero it has to start somewhere, right?

And then "inner beauty check" kicks in. Usually the attitude and your rapport (if any). Pag bagsak dun, it doesn't matter how goodlooking the guy/girl in the first place. And then everyone has their biases.

As for me, I base my decisions sa overall attitude. I ask myself if I can live with that person for some time. Pag hindi, what's the point in trying? He/she can still be a friend anyway.

Comments

• Hey Guys!!! Wassup!Have u been in love? What attract you most his/her physical appearance or inner beauty?
    So ano pang hinihintay n'yo, post na . . .
  • For me, it's always the inner beauty of a person I get attracted to. Because when the inner beauty shines, there's no way it could not be noticed. And it lasts forever! :)

[This message has been edited by KATKAT (edited 11-12-1999).]
  • Hi KATKAT!! :):)
    Thanks for posting! I agree with you kase what's important is his attitude di ba.
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I have a friend whose ex-bf looks exactly like Keanu Reeves. Everyone agrees he's really good-looking--even his enemies. The thing is, this guy's attitude and behavior sucked, big time. He doesn't like my friend to hang out with other people except him. He resented the fact that she had to study for the medical board exams, because that didn't give her much time to spend with him. When he comes to pick her up for a date he refuses to get out of the car and would just lean on the horn till she comes out. He fooled around with other girls, to the extent that these other girls would openly make parinig to my friend about her being such a pathetic loser for clinging to him. She kept on breaking up with him, but he was such a looker that it was pretty hard to resist when he came crawling back.

Finally she met someone, not as goodlooking as Mr. Keanu, but someone who really took good care of her and is really a good, kind person. I asked her after she got together with the second guy if she still misses Mr. Keanu. She said, yes, she had great times with him, but to even consider spending her whole life with Mr. Keanu would be crazy. The good looks will fade in time, and she would have just been left miserable and thinking how handsome he was before. She chose the other guy, because she can see herself actually going through life with him as a partner.
  • if you are referring about falling in love then my answer is wala akong preference. honestly based on my experience, i fall in love when i know the person better. i guess medyo i will lean on inner beauty when it comes to that. Pero if you're referring to infatuation...definitely OUTSIDE beauty!!!
  • BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    o eto walang halong sarcasm ha...

i'd rather be with someone who is not drop dead gorgeous but who can converse intelligently... yung tipong hindi kayo mauubusan ng conversation na may laman...

than be with someone who is a hunk alright but can't even handle a single intellectual conversation....

and besides... beauty is only skin deep...and it all fades in time.... plus.... in the long run... it's all about companionship... sino bang may gustong kausap mo in 50 yrs e eng eng ...duh...boring ng buhay....

[This message has been edited by BadGiRL (edited 11-13-1999).]
  • I went for the inner beauty and didn't regret it. My family, friends and coworkers think she is really a very nice person.. Her physical appearance ... simple lang.. will not attract attention but has the looks especially when she smiles.
  • For me, personally i'd rather chose the beauty inside because the beauty outside is useless if their attitude is so ugly..... their attitude usually lasts forever not the looks :cool:
  • rains_delightrains_delight PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    inner beauty. I always want a hearty conversation with someone.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    iner beauty of course. But of couse you also want someone who is presentable
  • AbulugAdventureAbulugAdventure PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Mas maganda kung inner beauty siyempre... mas nakakaatract naman yun, e.

Beuty fades, personality doesn't. :)
  • can't agree more with badgirl. :)

although, it helps kung may konti namang "outer," ha ha ha!
  • LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    For me, a LOT of intellect is a must. Just enough cuteness is necessary. A babe with brains is a bonus!

Finding a babe with brains becomes a real frustration for me sometimes, though... i mean, finding one, but not being able to get em :lol:
  • GioGio PEx Rookie ⭐
    lahat naman ng tao ay naghahanap syempre ng may itsura. pero in the end, it's the inner beauty most sensible people use as a gauge in choosing. i have this uncle who used to date models and actresses. he settled down with his former college sweetheart, a plain-looking lady but super bait, marunong makisama, at may alam sa buhay. pero that doesn't mean we should shun the good-looking folks out there altogether. there are those who possess both an inner and an outside beauty. they may be a rarity, but they're there, just waiting for you to find them. :)
  • mckoolitmckoolit PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by LaTtE`M
    For me, a LOT of intellect is a must. Just enough cuteness is necessary. A babe with brains is a bonus!

Finding a babe with brains becomes a real frustration for me sometimes, though :lol:

huy! wadja mean? marami namang babes w/ brains ah :bop:
  • LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by mckoolit

huy! wadja mean? marami namang babes w/ brains ah :bop:

naedit ko nga... look at it again :glee:
  • sneezysneezy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    gusto ko pa din ng guapo eh :(
  • hmm.. if i prefer to end up with the person or to be with the person for long, i would choose inner beauty.. yung may sense kausap.. at may sense of humor .. he knows when to open his mouth and utter his mind...
  • it's the INSIDE that counts right? presentable nga ang OUTSIDE pero napaka PANGET naman ng ugali... kung di naman masyadong presentable ang look mo pero you have the attitude...iba ka sa lahat!;)
  • mckoolitmckoolit PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by LaTtE`M

naedit ko nga... look at it again :glee:

buti na yung malinaw :p