Home PEx Hobbies Pets and Animals

Fish pond.

pollywogpollywog PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Yung fish pond namin isang linggo pa lang nalinisan kulay green na agad yung tubig. Pero yung isa pa naming pond 1 mo. na clear pa din tubig. What should I do?

Comments

• The green is probably algae, which grow rapidly if your pond has too many nutrients in the water and is exposed to sunlight.

You might want to add a pond filter.
  • pollywogpollywog PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Any quick-fix besides adding pond filter?
  • Uh, drain the water and fill it up again?
    How about algaecide that is safe for the fishes? I remember one time I used algaecide for orchids/pathways, tigok lahat ng Koi namin! he he he...
  • We actually have a new pond in front of our house as well but I'm still out of the country so I haven't gotten a chance to see it with the fishes yet. :(

I hope I can get to check it out soon... might have a heap of questions here when I do... hehehehe. :D
  • uhmuhm PExer
    Try building a roof above your fishpond, or anything that should block direct sunlight. That should take care of the green algae.....
  • that's a good suggestion. maganda sana kung naipwesto yung pond kung saan walang direct sunlight na tatama sa kanya, para all u have to worry about are leftover foods and feces.

some suggested to add some breed of catfishes, or what they normally call as "janitor fishes" that strips the algae from the walls of the pond. it is a good idea for balance kaso kapag may morsels, mas inuuna nila yun kainin kesa algae... and dagdag pa sa dumi dahil malakas magkalat ng ebak iyun. they are voracious eaters and grow very rapidly.
  • ponsoponso PExer
    Building a roof would somehow control the algae. But what about the waste your fish is disposing. Sooner they will be swimming in their own piss or fece. If you refer to some readings on how to build a pond, they would usually tells you to include a filter. That should take care the algae and the wastes that would sooner poisoned your fish. It's like this: Invest or do water changes every other day (depending on how big your pond is). You should have made some research on the correct way to build a pond before actually building one.
    I wanted a 'natural' pond kasi. I saw a pond sa bilihan ng mga halaman, wala daw yun linis-linis, it has fishes and water lillies in it. Direct sunlight pa! ...pero clear yung tubig.
  • Water lillies and other aquatic plants help eliminate excess nutrients in the water.