COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Holy Grail

pollywogpollywog ...just because PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
When I said Holy Grail, it pertains to the cup/chalice which Christ used in the last supper...no, not the Merovignian bloodline!

We have the crown of thorns, fragment of the cross, the nail of the crucifixion, even a portion of the sponge that was dipped in vinegar given to Jesus!...even a part of Christ's tunic. ...even Baby Jesus' swaddling clothes?!http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/9587/gazeteer.html

Saan napunta yung chalice?!?!:confused:

Comments

• HBBHBB Member PExer
    Maybe it's with the true cross of Christ that Constantine's mother Helen was said to have taken to her native Britain with her. The true cross is now subject of a search and at least one group of scholars believe they know where it is. :)

O kaya andun sa cave na pinuntahan ni Indiana Jones. :D
  • pollywogpollywog ...just because PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ... I thought the true cross was already found? Pinaghati-hatian na yun ng different churches...lahat ata ng 'Church of the Holy Cross' merong fragment ng true cross...
  • HBBHBB Member PExer
    Kung pinagsama-sama mo lahat ng cross fragments, palagay ko pwede ka nang gumawa ng barangay. :D And wouldnt it be sacrilegeous to chop-chop a relic like that? :)

Anyway, Queen Helen embarked on a journey across the empire to collect sacred relics and it is quite possible that she was able to gather some utensils. The true cross is said to be intact and she encrusted it with gold and jewels. I'll try to look for a description.
    I don't think it's sacrilegeous to 'chop-chop' a relic. Cross lang naman yun e, kung yung relic nga ng mga santo pinaghahati-hatian e: yung dila nasa ganito, yung kamay nasa ganito, yung buto nasa ganito, etc etc...

...That of Calvary was identified, as well as that of the Holy Sepulchre; it was in the course of these excavations that the wood of the Cross was recovered. It was recognized as authentic, and for it was built a chapel or oratory, which is mentioned by Eusebius, also by St. Cyril of Jerusalem, and Silvia (Etheria). From A.D. 347, that is to say, twenty years after these excavations, the same St. Cyril, in his discourses (or catecheses) delivered in these very places (iv, 10; x, 14; xiii, 4) speaks of this sacred wood.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04529a.htm
  • HBBHBB Member PExer
    Ah.. the official version. If you can get hold of the book The Holy Kingdom: The Search for the Real King Arthur by... forgot, but there were three of them; one 'fringe' writer and 2 scholars :)... youll find another version of the True Cross story. Im sure youll find it interesting since from what I gather, youre a fan of Da Vinci Code. ;)
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    Did they have anymore left of that Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

Sorry, can't help it.
  • blatfinkblatfink ♠♠♠ PExer
    When I said Holy Grail, it pertains to the cup/chalice which Christ used in the last supper...no, not the Merovignian bloodline!

ay, sayang.. ive read Da Vinci Code and its about Merovignian bloodline..
  • prinsesa_akoprinsesa_ako kimi raikkonen PExer
    everyone read the da vinci code na. haha the search for the holy grail is now..... i dont know, everywhere.

i can be such a purist sometimes it sucks. haha
  • golden_chestgolden_chest Member PExer
    Originally posted by HBB
    Maybe it's with the true cross of Christ that Constantine's mother Helen was said to have taken to her native Britain with her. The true cross is now subject of a search and at least one group of scholars believe they know where it is. :)

O kaya andun sa cave na pinuntahan ni Indiana Jones. :D

onga, dun sa cave na pinuntahan nina Indiana Jones, The Last Crusade ung title nun. elementary pa lang ako nung napanood ko 'to 4th year college na ako ngayon.

if i were not mistaken, pag uminom ka sa Holy Grail magiging immortal ka? nakalimutan ko na un. tapos may sinabi pa tungkol dun sa 3 magkakapatid na anti-Christ.

tapos may isa pa tungkol din sa Holy Grail dun sa film na Excalibur. Sir Galahad yata ung nakakita nun tapos nung uminom dun si King Arthur naging younger ung age nya taos ayun malakas na ulit.----kaso epic lang to!

wala yatang sense 'tong nilagay ko.:)
    ...grail romances, predates christianity itself...
  • Casta DivaCasta Diva La Rhine Joyeuse PExer
    The chalice is just pure imagination of the Roman Catholic relic fanatics, who would even worship and venerate erroneously any thing that was used by saints.

What about finding the toilet that the Lord Jesus Christ used, and worshipping the same?

Pure sacrilege!!!

This is why all this search for Christ's chalice during the Last Supper is childish, fruitless, and vain.
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    but the whole thing makes cool storylines and geek jokes, that's for sure... so it wouldn't be all that bad...
  • shaoronshaoron Jesus Freak PExer
    this thread reminds me of the movie "Monthy Python and the Holy Grail" and every idiotic thing that happened in there...

anyway, why is it important? it's just a cup. it may have some sentimental value, but beyond that... what?
  • raggsterraggster ghost in the shell PExer
    the Vatican has been searching for the Holy Grail for centuries in anticipation of the perfection of genetic engineering and human cloning, the truth of which was revealed to the Church a thousand years before modern science deemed it possible. They hope to recover Christ's DNA from the cup, from which they will re-create Christ and bring about his Second Coming. then universal judgement shall be at hand and the surviving world shall live as one under Christ.

*cough!*sarcasmalert*cough!*

:rolleyes:
    ...I don't think they can get Christ's blood from that cup. Why not take the blood from the shroud?! Ayaw nila kasi baka kung sino ma-clone nila...
  • HBBHBB Member PExer
    the Vatican has been searching for the Holy Grail for centuries in anticipation of the perfection of genetic engineering and human cloning, the truth of which was revealed to the Church a thousand years before modern science deemed it possible. They hope to recover Christ's DNA from the cup, from which they will re-create Christ and bring about his Second Coming. then universal judgement shall be at hand and the surviving world shall live as one under Christ.

*cough!*sarcasmalert*cough!*
    :D:D

Ok seriously :p, why dont you just go through all the true cross fragments? Wood can absorb liquid. You'll probably find some fragments with Christ's blood in it. You dont need much.

(Bakit nagng Jurassic Park itong thread na to?)
  • raggsterraggster ghost in the shell PExer
    ewan ko sa inyo. malinaw naman yung sarcasm alert ko, di ba? ;)
  • shaoronshaoron Jesus Freak PExer
    even if they did get christ's DNA, it wouldn't matter. it'll just be someone that looks (possibly) like Christ, but not Christ.

heck... it could even become the anti-christ! (just my opinion, don't flame me because of it)
  • BartoloxBartolox I AM WHO AM PExer
    Originally posted by shaoron
    even if they did get christ's DNA, it wouldn't matter. it'll just be someone that looks (possibly) like Christ, but not Christ.

heck... it could even become the anti-christ! (just my opinion, don't flame me because of it)
    baka si FPJ yung lumabas or worse, Big Brother Eddie
  • micketymocmicketymoc Oversized Member PExer
    Edmund: Right, now let's get down to business, shall we?
    Percy: Business, My Lord?
    Edmund: Yes. Baldrick has been looking at some of the ways we could actually make a bit of money on this job.
    Baldrick: Well, basically, there appear to be four major profit areas: Curses, pardons, relics and selling the sexual favours of nuns.
    Edmund: Selling the sexual favours of nuns?
    Baldrick: Yeah.
    Edmund: You mean some people will actually pay for them?
    Baldrick: Well; foreign businessmen, other nuns, you know.
    …
    Baldrick: Moving on to relics, we've got shrouds, from Turin; er, wine from the wedding at Cana; splinters from the cross (his finger gets a sliver from one of the splinters); er, and, of course, there's stuff made by Jesus in his days in the carpentry shoppe: got pipe racks, coffee tables, coatstands, bookends, crucifixes, a nice cheeseboard, fruit bowls, waterpoof sandals... (picks up a piece of wood that's partly carved) Oh, I haven't finished that one yet.
    Percy: But this is disgraceful, My Lord! All of these are obviously fake!
    Edmund: Hah, yes!
    Percy: But, but how will people be able to tell the difference between these and the real relics?
    Edmund: Well, they won't! That's the point!
    Percy: Well, you won't be able to fool everyone. Look (he takes a red cloth from his sleeve): I have here a true relic.
    Edmund: What is it?
    Percy: (unwraps the cloth) It is a bone from the finger of Our Lord. It cost me 31 pieces of silver.
    Edmund: Good lord. Is it real?
    Percy: It is, My Lord. Baldrick, you stand amazed.
    Baldrick: I am -- I thought they only came in boxes of ten. (he opens a box of finger bones)
    Percy: What?!
    Baldrick: Yeah, yeah -- fingers are really big at the moment. Mind you, for a really quick sale, you can't beat a nose. For instance, the Sacred Appendage Compendium Party Pack: you get Jesus' nose, St. Peter's nose, St. Francis' nose, and (picks up a pair of false breasts) er, no -- they're Joan of Arc's.
    Percy: (he's been getting more and more angry and surprised as he's seen all these "relics") That little ******* verger! I'll show him! (exits into hallway) I'll show him!

- from Blackadder

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file