Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

losing weight in 2 weeks

What's the maximum amount of weight one can lose in 2 weeks from working out or dieting? Can you recommend weight loss tablets?

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I do not recommend weight loss tablets. If you truly want to lose weight, you should make an effort and not take short cuts. They aren't effective long-term anyway.

Maximum weight loss could be up to 5 lbs on the first 1-2 weeks initially, but on an average, 1-2 lbs if you're really following a diet and exercise program and not sneaking junk food. Weight loss may taper off after the first two weeks, but just continue with the regimen and the weight loss will start anew.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    exercise and diet are still the safest and best way to keep those unwanted pounds off.
  • but its hard!!! da** it~
    anne_373, that's the sacrifice we have to do, but if you see results, its all worth it.
  • Originally posted by blakedaddy
    anne_373, that's the sacrifice we have to do, but if you see results, its all worth it.

blakedaddy is right. if madali lang magpapayat eh di sana wala ng mataba... dapat kasi EXERCISE + ENOUGH SLEEP + RIGHT DIET + SUPPLEMENTS (pero hindi ka dependent sa supplements)... kahit anong sabihin mo, supplements are only a supplement to your program... parang add-on help lang yun. dapat talaga DIET and EXERCISE... sa supplements, hydroxycut and xenadrine without ephedra ang pinaka-effective, but i dont advise you to take it if you are below 18 years old or have a history of heart/kidney/liver disease...
    so what exactly makes these fat burners "bawa;" for people with heart diesase? You keep on talking about supplements but you forget that they are not really needed.
    Originally posted by sp!t_k!cker
    blakedaddy is right. if madali lang magpapayat eh di sana wala ng mataba... dapat kasi EXERCISE + ENOUGH SLEEP + RIGHT DIET + SUPPLEMENTS (pero hindi ka dependent sa supplements)... kahit anong sabihin mo, supplements are only a supplement to your program... parang add-on help lang yun. dapat talaga DIET and EXERCISE... sa supplements, hydroxycut and xenadrine without ephedra ang pinaka-effective, but i dont advise you to take it if you are below 18 years old or have a history of heart/kidney/liver disease...
  • yup, exercise and diet. I did Atkins + exercise and lost a good amount of pounts (around 5-7) in 2 weeks... up to 40 lbs in 3 months.
  • you don't eat carbs at all?
    losing weight is not about totally eliminating a macronutrient ( e.g. cafrbs, far) but reducing overall food consumption. Assuming you don't eat any carbs or fat but your overall calorie intake remains the same, you will not lose the pounds.
  • How about drinking "green tea" before you workout??? will that help?

I've been doing cardio for an hour and a half then strength training every other day for six days... and that was from last week ( I mean one whole week that I've been doing that routine) I only lost two pounds!!! darn it! it's really hard to lose weight!....

But I am still hopeful!... I need to lose about 30 pounds in three months.... is that possible with the amount of exercise I do everyday???
    I also lessen my carb intake (I only eat a small amount of either bread or rice in the morning...and that's my carb for the whole day)... I also watch my calorie intake in everything I eat....

I always go for burning 500 calories everytime I go to the gym (mahn! Sunday is my only day off from working out)... How effective is this routine?
  • l•)l•) PExer
    try fasting. if u weigh 150 lbs, u can loose about 4 lbs/week.
    The most you can lose in a month that is still healthy would be 5 lbs. To be honest, you'll end up overtraining with the amount you do and you'll lose more muscle than fat. You can't rush losing weight, its a slow steady process
    Originally posted by sweet_angel79
    How about drinking "green tea" before you workout??? will that help?

I've been doing cardio for an hour and a half then strength training every other day for six days... and that was from last week ( I mean one whole week that I've been doing that routine) I only lost two pounds!!! darn it! it's really hard to lose weight!....

But I am still hopeful!... I need to lose about 30 pounds in three months.... is that possible with the amount of exercise I do everyday???
    I also lessen my carb intake (I only eat a small amount of either bread or rice in the morning...and that's my carb for the whole day)... I also watch my calorie intake in everything I eat....

I always go for burning 500 calories everytime I go to the gym (mahn! Sunday is my only day off from working out)... How effective is this routine?
  • bluejeanbaby: yup, no carbs. But I'm into a low carb diet that's sustainable. I don't feel deprived at all. So far my weight has been steady -- the lbs did not go back -- for around 6 months now. I exercise around 3 times a week. The key is after you;ve lost it, make sure you keep track and now allow yourself to fall into that pattern that led you to gain more weight than needed.
  • Originally posted by blakedaddy
    The most you can lose in a month that is still healthy would be 5 lbs. To be honest, you'll end up overtraining with the amount you do and you'll lose more muscle than fat. You can't rush losing weight, its a slow steady process

That's what I've been thinking that I am overdoing my exercise routine.... I am starting to become obsessed with losing weight....I am scared that I might do more harm that good to my body....
    But the thing is... I feel guilty if I miss one day in my routine...I feel like someone's whispering that "I have to go, I have to go" then negative thoughts starts rushing to my mind... than I am FAT... :(
  • Originally posted by sweet_angel79
    That's what I've been thinking that I am overdoing my exercise routine.... I am starting to become obsessed with losing weight....I am scared that I might do more harm that good to my body....
    But the thing is... I feel guilty if I miss one day in my routine...I feel like someone's whispering that "I have to go, I have to go" then negative thoughts starts rushing to my mind... than I am FAT... :(

JUst think about this... It's a great thing to be at ur right weight... no bulges! Pero to look healthy is JUST AS important, or even more important. Always choose the healthier way to lose weight... you cant compromise good vibrant health. It doesnt matter if the weight loss is slow in progress... basta ba't u ARE losing weight... okay na yun. Two lbs weight loss in one week for me is already good. It means i just have to continue for a month to lose 8 lbs. Siguro you should try to be commited but dont get obssessed. Commited means being able to sustain ur program for a long time. Just do what's best and pray that ur body will take care of itself for u on its own time. And also, just think that... if the cardiovascular exercise dont result to weight loss as much as u hoped, it benefits ur overall health naman. i heard it makes the skin look better.

Naiinis nga ako sa mga lean and thin people who look sick. Just like that host in sports unlimited... DYAN CASTILLEJO ba yun. Grabe she looks like a whithered piece of tomato.
  • yeah, don't rely on the weighing scale.

I was at a point before that I was supposed to be 10 lbs overweight if you base it on what books would normally recommend, but people told me I looked to thin and almost sickly. So what I did was I got more comfy and gained a few lbs more, even though I was supposedly "overweight".
  • Originally posted by soulthird
    bluejeanbaby: yup, no carbs. But I'm into a low carb diet that's sustainable. I don't feel deprived at all. So far my weight has been steady -- the lbs did not go back -- for around 6 months now. I exercise around 3 times a week. The key is after you;ve lost it, make sure you keep track and now allow yourself to fall into that pattern that led you to gain more weight than needed.

what SPECIFICALLY do you and don't you eat? Kindly give me a list of food
  • oh well... I think I will just keep on working out! :beam:
    I'll give you a good alternative if you wanna lose weight. Cut the sweets and sodas, eat more veggies. Try substituting camote for rice. Of course weight train and cardio and eat less. Enjoy it but don't overdo it
  • By eliminating just the sweets like softdrinks, desserts, chocolates from your food intake will already help you lose weight. I've tried it for 2 months and I lost 11 pounds! Of course, I had to discipline myself and all, but if you really want to lose weight I think it's worth it.