Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

losing weight at the gym

I just enrolled in a gym. what's the maximum amount of weight that one can possibly lose in a month and a half? any tips you can give?

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    try reading through the bodybuilding thread in this forum, your answer is there
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I was told that if you go on a diet and go to the gym regularly (at least 4 times a week, better if more), you can lose up to 2 pounds per week. Anything more than that is too much. (I'm talking about a 25 year old girl whose ideal body weight is 115-120 lbs.)
  • xyzseamanxyzseaman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    In order to lose weight, 90% of the time, you have to watch what you eat. 10% is the physical work.

You hafta include running on yer routine. Hell, you can run everyday!
  • Originally posted by xyzseaman
    In order to lose weight, 90% of the time, you have to watch what you eat. 10% is the physical work.

Right on.

As someone who used to "run everyday", I wouldn't recommend it.
    running is not the only exercise needd when you wanna lose weight. there are many other options
    Originally posted by xyzseaman

• samantha_jonessamantha_jones PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Okay so what exactly is there to eat? Minsan nakakasawa if laging salad ang kinakain mo. Well as for fruits I never tire of 'em. And what if you're working or schooling. Minsan mahirap i-control what to eat because kung ano lang meron sa canteen or sa dapitan (for UST studes :D) minsan that is all you eat. Diba?! So what gives? Ang alam ko lang is to lessen or abstain from eating rice, white bread, and pasta.
    you don't have to abstain from carbs, they are not the enemy, its excess calories that is the enemy. The technique is to avoid fatty foods. Try eating fish or poultry. Pasta and rice is alright if you don't overdo it. Eggs and milk are also good choices
    you don't have to abstain from carbs, they are not the enemy, its excess calories that is the enemy. The technique is to avoid fatty foods. Try eating fish or poultry. Pasta and rice is alright if you don't overdo it. Eggs and milk are also good choices
  • hack__youhack__you PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    for samantha jones....sex is the best excercise :glee:
  • samantha_jonessamantha_jones PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hack__you: Sorry I don't think a high protein diet is as healthy as it seems. Fruits and veggies are waaay better. :D
  • samantha_jones,

A high protein diet is actually very good, as long as it isn't the only thing you eat. Those who follow the Atkins Diet must realize that you mustn't cut out carbohydrates or reduce them to ridiculously low extremes.

The best diet is a high protein diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, and just the right amount of carbohydrates per meal (around the size of your open palm per meal).

Anyone here who does BODY FOR LIFE by Bill Phillips?
  • The best solution is to change your lifestyle. Diets are short-term goals; you'll gain back the weight, or worse gain even more, immediately after you halt the diet.
  • hi, there is a body building thread at the what's up doc forum. try reading some of the messages.
  • A lifestyle change, yes, that's right. Diets are temporary in connotation and by nature, so the best way to think about it and approach it is to change your lifestyle. Get exercise (cardio and weights) regularly, eat right, eat often, and stretch. I would suggest doing somethng like BODY FOR LIFE by Bill Phillips.
  • rage_withinrage_within PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    question...:*)

... how do you lose a beer-gut? :D
  • Ganito lang yan, pare. Change your lifestyle by giving up the beer drinking habit or limiting it to just once or twice a month, and even then do not get yourself drunk.

Cardio exercises can only take you so far. You must work out with weights AND do cardio exercises regularly. And of course, you must also eat right. The 3 slices of the pie must exist or else you won't have a complete pie of successful gut busting. You must limit soft drinks, french fries, burgers, fried foods, to just once a week.

I know you can afford to get a copy of Bill Phillips' book BODY FOR LIFE. Use it and see what happens!
  • BTW, if eating right means you have to pack lunch, then by all means do so. Even if on campus, baduy ang nagbabaon and everyone eats out. Tell your friends you have baon and eat it with them at the place where they'll be eating. Or, make sure there's nutritious and healthy food at the joint you all go to.
    no beer?! booooring... he he! just kidding. i don't drink much these days. maybe because of too much work... no time for beer. but i do go to the gym twice a week and never ending basketball after working hours.

i guess excercise was good. i lost 6 kilos already... ha ha, major accomplishment, eh? :D

i don't wanna be a buffed-up beefcake, i like my frame. it's just this beer gut.
  • Has anyone tried Thermo Green Tea?
    oh yeah... speaking of tea (haven't tried Thermo Green Tea, though), the Chinese here drinks beer like hell, but most of them doesn't have any beer bellies. i guess it's because they drink tea often... more often than just plain water. just an observation. Japs are frequent tea drinkers too.