Home PEx Campus The Academe

the fourth tenor?

if ateneo, up and la salle are the three tenors, who is philippine academe's andrea bocelli?

a) ua&p
b.) csb
c.) feu
d.) mapua
e.) adamson
f.) san beda
g.) pup

no bashing please. thanks!

Comments

• ua&p!
  • 1. Kung UAP... Facilities are good, but lacks on student selectivity. May lima akong kilala na pasado sa UA&P na nagkaron pa ng "kaso" sa secondary school na pinanggalingan ko dahil sa bagsak na grades at frat. "Cross out"

2. kung CSB naman... I have a friend there na hindi nag-exam sa csb pero nasa csb sya ngaun. poor student selectivity pa rin. "Cross Out"

3. sa FEU... Being 2003 MBBall champs wont count. "Cross Out"

4. If Mapua... Good Eng'g school. Produces competitive Eng'grs. Nice looking campus. "Check"

5. Adamson... With six COE's, not bad... "Check"

6. San Beda... Competent Law school. "Check"

7. and PUP... Excels in the field of Acctg. Produces a great number of CPA's. "Check"

Now, if I were to choose between the four, my vote will go to Adamson.
    I'm just wondering... bakit ung pinakafit na maging "Fourth Tenor" ay wala sa list? Hmmm...
  • sanposanpo PExer
    meron pa bang iba? I wpuld really pick UA&P, or considering what you have just said (bromothy..) maybe Adamson na rin..
  • very insightful.

more, please! thanks!
  • zacharaiolsenzacharaiolsen PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i know some people na pumasa ng upcat pero bumagsak sa ua&p test. i studied at ua&p before transferring to ust, its true na poor ang selectivity nila pero after one year or two ng mga students doon, almost 50% ng population ng isang batch ang natatanggal dahil sa taas ng standards. siguro its their way to have greater funds. ung iba, hindi umaabot sa cut-off, yung iba nahihirapan. wala kasi masyadong pexers from ua&p to agree with this e. so i think, ua&p pa rin.
  • Originally posted by zacharaiolsen
    i know some people na pumasa ng upcat pero bumagsak sa ua&p test. i studied at ua&p before transferring to ust, its true na poor ang selectivity nila pero after one year or two ng mga students doon, almost 50% ng population ng isang batch ang natatanggal dahil sa taas ng standards. siguro its their way to have greater funds. ung iba, hindi umaabot sa cut-off, yung iba nahihirapan. wala kasi masyadong pexers from ua&p to agree with this e. so i think, ua&p pa rin.

May I ask why you decided to transfer from UA&P to UST?
  • looks like uap leads!
  • mapua
  • my vote goes to UA&P.

what a comprehensive list you got there bfr!

Blue *owl* ---> the King!
  • UA&P or Adamson
  • The Ateneo de la salle university of the philippines

The Big Three

• That would be UA&P.

If UP is the Oxford/Cambridge of the Philippines then UA&P is the LSE of the Philippines.

And who is saying that UA&P’s student selectivity is questionable? That guy must be a braggart.

Yes, there are people who were accepted in Ateneo or La Salle but were turned down by UA&P. There may even be some certainties to stories which further stretch such accounts to implicate the untainted (and holy) name of U.P., the country’s most famous, most selective and most prestigious university. (I just happen to have not met any of them, I must admit.)

UA&P does not only have a solid collection of brilliant and gifted students, it has also top-notched social science programs. In fact, it is the leading institution in the social sciences, economics and mathematics in the whole country and these are only bettered by U.P. (and perhaps, De La Salle). BTW, U.P. has always been the best in all fields that it offers and only the prissy perverts disagree.

UA&P has also an excellent faculty; many of its faculty members have been educated in U.P., DLSU and other equally prestigious universities in America and Europe. Dean Villegas, one of UA&P’s founding members, for instance, is a DLSU and Harvard educated. He is also an alumnus of the prestigious, London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE). He is joined by his peers with equally impeccable credentials. Dean Gayo of the School of Management is a UP and Imperial College educated. Prof. Caparas has a PhD in Management from Instituto de Estudios Superiores de la Empresa, Spain and an MBA from Imperial College Management School, United Kingdom. I honestly doubt, that outside of UP, DLSU and AIM, there is any other school in the country that has a gathering of this caliber.

Adamson is popular, alright, but I don’t think it has a high academic standard just like UA&P. I would rather attend FEU than Adamson. Masikmura ko rin ang kacheapan na pumasok sa CEU kesa Adamson.

Iwan ko lang ha. Any school that starts with an “A”, questionable talaga ang academic standard. Yung not really popular na uni sa may gilid ng U.P., re-apply ng re-apply for Level 4 sa PAASCU palaging nare-reject. Ang mahal-mahal ng tuition, pero ang maipagmayabang lang pala nito, eh, yung kayabangan ng kanilang mayayabang na studyante at malinis na c.r..
  • Originally posted by DURHAM
    Iwan ko lang ha. Any school that starts with an “A”, questionable talaga ang academic standard.

Hasty generalization at its best... ;)
  • The Ateneo de la salle university of the philippines

The Big Three

• zacharaiolsenzacharaiolsen PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i transferred kasi nahihirapan na ko, and medyo nainggit ako sa frends ko from UP, ADMU and DLSU na pa-easy easy lang. and! walang music sa UA&P eh... kaya masaya ako ngayon.
  • ustig!, wag ka maggalit ha... What the heck! (Poise...)
  • there's no such word as 'blined'

please clarify, thank you.

• Wow!

I never imagined I talking with the very ustig! about 'common sense'

GASP!

• hmmm, i dont know much about UA&P except for the fact that my only friends who went there were kicked out of the Ateneo and someone who became a drug dependent after one term in campus.
  • mods, please ban the pretenders.