Totoo bang helpful magpababa ng cholesterol ang OATMEAL?

CynicalCynical Registered User PExer
Nagpacheck up kasi ako sa doc tapos sabi mataas cholesterol ko. May nagsabi sa akin na helpful daw ang oatmeal so ive been eating it regularly.

Is it true that it helps? Kahit na haluan ko ng sugar and milk? (around 1 tbsp os sugar and powdered milk per 6 tbsp of oatmeal?)

:smokin:

Comments

• LudeSER13LudeSER13 I'm a Flip PEx Rookie ⭐
    i think the fiber content in oatmeal helps in reducing cholesterol.
  • IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    It helps. Sugar will not increase your cholesterol, but milk may, so use skim milk instead if you can't tolerate oatmeal without milk. Personally, I prefer my oatmeal without milk.
  • Chase_MeridianChase_Meridian POWER. PLEASURE. PAIN. PExer
    Aside from oatmeal, what other food that can help in reducing cholesterol? How about breakfast cereals and multi-grain snacks?
    Fish is cholesterol-lowering because of its omega-3 fatty acid component. Food rich in fiber (fruits, veggies, whole wheat, etc) are helpful, too. Of course, it depends on how you prepare your food. It's pointless to eat fish when you're going to deep-fry it in butter or coconut oil or if you wrap them in bacon, for example.
  • CynicalCynical Registered User PExer
    Thanks! At least i know that I'm eating right.

My diet for the past month has been mainly seafood : predominantly fish, then there's the occasional squid, crabs (hindi ba fatty ang crabs?) and shrimp. Tapos friuts, veggies and oatmeal.

:smokin:
    That's okay. Just remember to stay off oil and dairy products when you cook your food. As for crabs, you can eat those but don't eat the crab fat.
  • sinister7zexsinister7zex Member PExer
    But did you know that the FIBER-CAN-SWEEP-YOUR-CHOLESTEROL issue is being debunked? Well to add more info... oatmeal contains uric acid... and may increase your serum uric acid.
  • sinister7zexsinister7zex Member PExer
    add: all animal fats contain cholesterol, but fish oils contain unsaturated fatty acids (omega-3) that are ok; while plant oils are all good except those that come from plam tree.... they contain saturated fatty acids... which are metabolized to bad cholesterol.
  • DI10DI10 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    matass daw yung cholesterol nung aligi ng crab and yung ulo ng shrimps.

doc ira: does it make a difference kung yung flavored oatmeal (like yung chocolate flavored oatmeal ng QUAKER) yung iinomin as compared dun sa oatmeal lang?

and will chocolates help increase your cholesterol?
  • car728car728 :) PExer
    I think my doctor said chocolates have cholesterol but I think you can still eat them, basta in moderation lang. Maybe just a few pieces to satisfy your craving :)
  • cybernautcybernaut Shovin' it down your throat PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    just take psyllium fiber! it's a great alternative to oatmeal. one tablespoon of pysllium fiber is quivalent to more or less 25 tablespoons of oatmeal. you can buy "C-LIUM".you can also buy a pack of psyllium fiber at Healthy Options at a cheaper price!
  • GilmoreGalGilmoreGal Member PExer
    how about frying egg in virgin coconut oil? i heard and read that the oil is good. Can it lower ur LDL and increase HDL?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file