pilonidal cyst

doctors, help! i think i have a pilonidal cyst. i haven't consulted a doctor but i've researched about my cyst and it seems to be a pilonidal one. it' around an in diameter but it doesn't have any sinus. it's not red and it's not painful but i do feel uncomfortable when i sit for a long period of time. what bothers me is that it seems to be bigger now than before. i've read that surgery is the answer to this problem however, there is still a 50% chance of it coming back. according to those who have had it removed, it took 2 months (that's quite a long time!) for them to recover from the surgery and it was painful. now my questions are:
1. is there a chance for the cyst to go away on it own?
2. is there a non-surgical way of getting rid of the cyst?
3. is there at least a way of reducing the size of the cyst?
4. what happens if i won't have it removed? will it burst or what?
5. can it be cancerous?

help!

Comments

• IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    It can't be a pilonidal cyst if there isn't a sinus. See a general surgeon for a more complete physical/diagnosis.

Generally, if there's a growth, it won't get smaller or go away, and there is no way to get rid of it non-surgically. If you don't have cysts removed, they will grow larger and larger, making it more difficult to excise. Depending on what kind of cyst it is, some cysts very rarely become malignant.
  • IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    See a general surgeon for a more complete and accurate physical/diagnosis. It may be something else.

Generally, if there's a growth or a cyst, it won't get smaller or go away, and there is no way to get rid of it non-surgically. If you don't have cysts removed, they will grow larger and larger, making it more difficult to excise. If it's a pilonidal cyst, the abscess may expand and cause a worsening, systemic infection. Depending on what kind of cyst it is, some cysts very rarely become malignant.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file