Home PEx Campus The Academe

Brother Ari Dy, S.J. ordained

He was ordained yesterday, and my family caught his Thanksgiving Mass this afternoon. The ceremony was very touching, and it was memorable for me in the sense that I now have a Chinese Jesuit who is a lot closer to my age than most, and was able to work with before his ordination. In a way, God just got more personal. :)

It was a joy to be able to correspond with him, actually, on Chinese culture and Catholicism, and my mother bought dozens of copies of "Weaving a Dream" to give away as Christmas gifts. The Mass opened with Fr. Ari bowing with incense, and planting the sticks in a bowl placed before the altar. The Gospel reader did the same before reading the Gospel.

Now, I'm just waiting for Terence Ang, and the chances of my black soul's redemption may just increase. :D

Comments

• Originally posted by Oscar01

Now, I'm just waiting for Terence Ang, and the chances of my black soul's redemption may just increase. :D

Nothing like salvation by correlation. :D

Ari's a great guy.
  • Nothing like having Johnny Go recount to a large crowd of your family and fans how you once tried to steal your Dad's car with Kimberly Pe, and had an accident in your own driveway. :D
  • Hindi ka ba natutulog?
  • Hindi makatulog. Baka humirit ka nanaman kasi...

First real week of summer vacation this past week. Sleep pattern still upside-down.

It should actually work out since I'm leaving for Ohio soon. :D