Home PEx News and Tech Technology Today

Ordering Online (shipping, how safe?)

2»

Comments

• You're could be right... it's taking too long, post office people said no package arrived for me. I guess I'll need to wait for about a week again.
  • just make sure you have it shipped via a reliable courier service like LBC. then use bubble wrap to wrap the item to prevent it from being damaged. also if the item is expensive, you can have it covered by insurance. just ask for the additional fees.
  • most secure way to shop online is buying through a paypal enabled website... un nga lang mejo malaki ang tax... natry ko na magpa ship sa fedex at ups, galing hongkong, 2k to 2.5k binayaran ko.

lesson learned from that... search ka muna online kung available sa mga philippine buy and sell website.
  • From an online store point of view, we recommend to use bank to bank transfers since this is more secured rather than online payments - anyone can access your account the moment they find out about your password.

If you're looking for bigger size of clothing at an affordable price, you can try shopping at our store, we also have an online store where you can browse through our different stocks where you will find more than what you may ever need.

Am not suggesting this because we wanted to sell, thing is, most of the items that arrives in-house are big sizes since they mostly came from Australia. And we all know that foreigners have bigger built than Filipinos, so if you're looking for shirts, shorts, or other types of clothing and you have problems of the limited sizes available. You may start checking our stores.

HMR Online Store Admin
    www.hmr.ph
  • I recently tried this 'SkyyPay" payment gateway, where I bought an item online (through facebook) and then paid for the item in an SM Supermarket counter. It's so convenient. I think you can even pay on any 711 branches, Watsons, and other leading Banks.
  • _Shalnark__Shalnark_ Spider Member #6 PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Wag lang po sa Pisobid :flower::bat:
  • Well eBay is not so reliable, baed on review though I never tried eBay.

Ordered online via Amazon for the nth time and so far, so good. Whether it's DVD or books or garments, never experienced any problems.

For Jason Mraz's items (CDs,shorts, posters, etc) I'm buying through his official online store in the US and good service. Reliable CSR's too.

Then there's iTunes which is very safe if you're going to buy some tunes too.
  • Hi. Tanong ko lang po kung may alam kayo about online selling. Because I want to put up an online store sana. Kaso hindi ko alam kung san kukuha ng items. I have relatives abroad, kaso ang problema ko is shipping. Kung meron bang tax na additional and stuff like that. Your opinion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • MoonStruckMoonStruck PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sorry for digging up this old thread. I have a question about a certain website SwansonVitamins. Has anyone ever tried ordering online and have you received your package? The site sells a product I buy locally and the price is only half of how much it's sold here. I plan on buying in bulk (mga 10 lang naman siguro, not that many) to save but I'm worried about customs and taxes plus the possibility of losing the product while in transit. The site doesn't have insurance in case of lost but they do have refund policy. Thanks in advance.
  • MoonStruck wrote: »
    Sorry for digging up this old thread. I have a question about a certain website SwansonVitamins. Has anyone ever tried ordering online and have you received your package? The site sells a product I buy locally and the price is only half of how much it's sold here. I plan on buying in bulk (mga 10 lang naman siguro, not that many) to save but I'm worried about customs and taxes plus the possibility of losing the product while in transit. The site doesn't have insurance in case of lost but they do have refund policy. Thanks in advance.

I checked the Swanson Vitamins website, located naman pala sila sa US. If you don't want to go the long way and suffer the hassle of Customs and the Post Office, I suggest you sign up for GCASH AMEX to get My Shopping Box service. Here's the discussion thread about it: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652983

Pero to sum it up, yung My Shopping Box (MSB) is a freight service na magfoforward ng packages mo from the US to the Philippines without passing na through the Customs and Post Office, there would be on extra taxes, and have little to no losses in transit. I use the service mysef. PM me or reply ka sa threads if you need more info.
  • MoonStruckMoonStruck PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I checked the Swanson Vitamins website, located naman pala sila sa US. If you don't want to go the long way and suffer the hassle of Customs and the Post Office, I suggest you sign up for GCASH AMEX to get My Shopping Box service. Here's the discussion thread about it: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652983

Pero to sum it up, yung My Shopping Box (MSB) is a freight service na magfoforward ng packages mo from the US to the Philippines without passing na through the Customs and Post Office, there would be on extra taxes, and have little to no losses in transit. I use the service mysef. PM me or reply ka sa threads if you need more info.

Thank you for sharing about this. I'm reading the other thread to understand how it works. Will post an update. I'll see what happens.
  • Last year I had bought online a box of 10 books with tracking which got lost in the mail. So sad :s

• Thanks for sharing