COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here

What can you say about Oro Plata Mata?

Have you seen this film? Please share your thoughts. If you have a Friendster account, please add [email protected]. ;)

Comments

• oro plata mataoro plata mata Member PExer
    3115493058472l.jpg
  • Festival QueenFestival Queen Member PExer
    Love this movie...I have never seen a Filipino movie which paid more attention to details than this one.

I always try to catch this in Cinema One! :sunny:
  • charisma_11charisma_11 Member ✭✭✭
    hindi ko pa ito napapanood, pero I would love to watch this one. Its really sad to think na ang gaganda ng mga pelikulang Filipino back then, pero ngayon, puro senseless na lang ang ginagawa ng mga filipino film makers. My all-time favorite Filipino movie is INSIANG, starring Hilda Koronel.
  • charisma_11charisma_11 Member ✭✭✭
    kailan kaya ipapanganak ang panibagong Lino Brocka?
  • sugarplumfairysugarplumfairy Twilight Fanatic PExer
    i also liked this movie. one of the few filipino movies that really makes you think. definitely a cinematic treat.
  • akosilesterakosilester Slumdog Billionaire ✭✭
    one of philippine cinema's best.......

maganda in all aspects of moviemaking....

*okay* *okay* *okay*

:handsdown: :handsdown: :handsdown: to peque gallaga, right?.....
  • Nat 4everNat 4ever Ang Kamandag PExer
    Napanood ko yan once sa Cinema One...nag-vigil ako simula 12mn-3am noon...maganda yung movie. Yan yata ang pinaggayahan ng movieng "Deer Hunter."
  • LUHALUHA Member PExer
    Originally posted by charisma_11
    hindi ko pa ito napapanood, pero I would love to watch this one. Its really sad to think na ang gaganda ng mga pelikulang Filipino back then, pero ngayon, puro senseless na lang ang ginagawa ng mga filipino film makers. My all-time favorite Filipino movie is INSIANG, starring Hilda Koronel.

You are so right. I think the quality of serious Filipino movies has really deteriorated.

None of the directors today can be compared to Brocka, or Bernal.
  • avonleaavonlea Moderator PExer
    what can i say? it's an old movie :D

it was shown when i was really young, hindi ko pa siya napanood... pero i caught a glimpse of it on TV a few years ago, and the scene that i saw was of Chanda Romero with her breasts exposed... sana mapanood ko rin siya someday
  • Festival QueenFestival Queen Member PExer
    Chanda Romero is not it Oro Plata Mata...it was Mitch Valdez who exposed her breasts.:)
  • tomtomtomtom t(",)t PExer
    have ever wondered what's kuh's character doing in the movie? :glee:

you'll have to hear peque gallaga explain about the character to be able to understand. :D

i saw the tarantinized (or is it quentinized?) version first kaya i was going huh? half of the time. :D
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber HEALTH.FREAK.WANNABE. PExer
    Madalas ko 'tong maumpisahan o kaya mapanood ng patapos na... Hindi ko pa 'to napapanood ng buong-buo.

:rpflag:
  • freexone123freexone123 Member PExer
    ano ba story nito? akala ko noon, horror movie to eh. but i heard alot of good reviews about this movie. one of the great filipino classics nga daw.
  • julienne_moijulienne_moi nagbalik na ako :) PExer
    maganda ang oro, plata, mata this movie will affect you kung papanoodin mong mabuti. ipinakita ni peque gallaga ang buhay before, during and after the war. If the characters are devastated after the war i felt the same. I realized na ang hirap pala talagang mabuhay kapag may gera. And peque also explained that it was entitled oro to represent the golden age which was before the war, plata is the fading away of the glorious years that they have and then mata which means death because what happen to all of them after the war.

regarding kuh's character peque explained that her role there is that she is the socialite na na-rape ng mga tulisan something like that.
  • parisstpatrickparisstpatrick L'homme fatal PExer
    Peque Gallaga's masterpiece and one of Philippine cinema's greatest films of all time.

Attention though, there's graphic violence and explicit sexual acts in this film. The production design is the best ever. Liza Lorena's restrained acting is commendable. The entire cast is good but no one is great.
  • red_phoenixred_phoenix seasons of love PExer
    This is GOOD MOVIE!!!
  • guygooguygoo Member PExer
    one of the top 4 all-time best pinoy films for me (maynila sa kuko ng liwanag, insiang, and jose rizal). i cannot forget the scene where mary walter went out of the house and was never able to come back .
  • chez-ochez-o Bollywood Icon PExer
    i hope peque goes active again and does historical masterpieces...masyado siyang nagconcentrate sa fantasy features lately. nung panahon ng filming daw, parating star sighting daw kena cherrie gil and mitch valdez.

sobrang busisi daw yung pagkagawa ng scenes. may mga stand-ins, etc. at yung mga lumang bahay where they shot they scenes are still there in silay.
  • waterwellwaterwell summer time machine blues ✭✭
    watched this lately, ang ganda!!! galing pala neto
  • edsa77edsa77 Member PExer
    guygoo wrote: »
    one of the top 4 all-time best pinoy films for me (maynila sa kuko ng liwanag, insiang, and jose rizal). i cannot forget the scene where mary walter went out of the house and was never able to come back .

jose rizal is not even in my top 100 list... :rolleyes:
    waste of money..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file