Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Confessions… what does one hope to achieve??

Ok can I talk about my situation muna? I’ve liked this girl for like 2 years na, and it’s only recently na medyo naging close kami… and damn when you keep you feelings pent up like that for 2 years eventually it affects you… I’ve been really considering a confession… iniisip ko na sana maintindihan nya… kasi nahihirapan na ako e… medyo mabigat na dalhin e… gusto nang makalabas… kaso tuwing nakakasenti talk ko sya… naffeel ko na parang ayaw nyang umamin ako e… na ayaw nya… ewan ko kung ayaw nya sakin or natatakot sya sa relationship or masisira yung friendship… even though I’m not looking for any of that naman e… parang I just want her to know… kasi tancha ko naman alam nyang may gusto ako sa kanya e… sure na yun e… pero iba yung official e… kaso ako naman inde ko alam mangyayari kapag umamin ako… san ko ngayon dadalhin friendship naming kapag nalaman na nya… ako nga ayoko magbago friendship namin e… gusto ko lang talaga na malaman nya… na at least she’s considering it… na at least officially alam nya… pero ok lang kahit ayaw naman nya e… wag lang talaga sana magbago yung friendship… kaya ako naman dahil naawa ako sa kanya… dahil I care for her… martyr na lang… syems kahit ang bigat na talaga… sagwa sa pakiramdam… di ko na talaga alam gagawin ko… madalas dinadaan ko na lang sa tulog e…

So ngayon dating tayo sa argument ko,

WHAT DOES ONE HOPE TO ACHIEVE WHEN ONE CONFESSES?
WHAT SHOULD ONE HOPE TO ACHIEVE WHEN ONE CONFESSES?
DO YOU WAIT FOR THAT RIGHT TIME TO CONFESS OR WAG NA LANG KAYA?

Kasi I’ve recently realized na parang napaka-one sided ng confessions e, how their viewed from the guy’s side… na how we forget na apektado yung babae… na how minsan parang we don’t realize na we have the girl up against the wall when one confesses… parang na-oon the spot… parang we force the girl into a decision when i don't want that... gusto ko lang malaman nya... kasi ako iniisip ko na… ano ba to?? Aamin ba ako para makaraos?? Para matapos na?? tapos ngayon sya naman magkakakandaleche leche ang buhay… sya naman yung maguguluhan… tapos magkakagulo na lahat lahat… parang ang selfish… nakaraos nga ako kaso ginulo ko naman mundo nya… sagwa… di ko na talaga alam gagawin ko…

GIRLS, HOW DO YOU WANT GUYS TO CONFESS?

Kasi naawa rin ako sa inyo… alam kong sabog kapag may nag-confess sa inyo… kaso… sabog din samin e kapag inde e… kaya sana I want to make it work for both… or talagang wag na lang kaya ba to??

Sorry frustrated stuff… sana maintindihan nyo… for the last time… inde ko na talaga alam gagawin ko…

Comments

• WHAT DOES ONE HOPE TO ACHIEVE WHEN ONE CONFESSES?

"i just want to get it off my chest." bull. nothing but bull. the confessor doesnt just want to get it off his/her chest, he/shes hoping the confessee likes him/her back. the confessor wants to hear "i like you too" thats why he/shes letting him/her know.

WHAT SHOULD ONE HOPE TO ACHIEVE WHEN ONE CONFESSES?

that he/she gets the chick/dude. otherwise, whats the point? dont give me "just to let him/her know" because i dont buy it.

DO YOU WAIT FOR THAT RIGHT TIME TO CONFESS OR WAG NA LANG KAYA?

if its eating you up like it has, you should. although i dont think she likes you. you said you can sense that she doesnt want you to tell her. she doesnt you to tell her because she doesnt know how shell react. IF SHE LIKED YOU, SHED WANT YOU TO TELL HER. think about that.

GIRLS, HOW DO YOU WANT GUYS TO CONFESS?

women only look forward to guys they like to confess to them. will she appreciate it? yes, but thats only because women are attention *****. will you go far with your "feelings". i dont think so because i dont think she likes you one bit.

welcome to the friend zone. look at the bright side. you still can be friends. :D
  • haha that sucks man... i can relate... bigat nyan... di ko alam sasabihin ko....
  • puwede bang itanong ko din ito sa inyo...
    guys: reaction niyo para sa mga girls na nagko-confess about their true feelings towards a guy.
    and para sa mga girls: would you ever confess sa mga guys?
  • haha ok medyo clear na ulo ko... got some sleep na... medyo sabog pa rin but at least medyo clear na...

anyway... kahit medyo harsh ka magsalita sige you're entitled to your opinion and i respect that... but come to think of it haha harsh nga naman talaga buhay... reality bites ika nga...

and maybe you don't buy my "just to let her know" crap pero sabi ko nga i'm not really looking for any relationship stuff or anything beyond that... like i said i just really like her but i'm man to admit that she might have her interests vested somewhere else... and were really good friends... at dun ako umaasa na sana inde nya makalimutan yon... haha... inde naman ako random somebody na aamin sa kanya diba?? kaibigan kami at sana yung friendship namin ang pagbasehan nya ng decision nya... inde yung issue...

anyway... i don't think i phrased my question correctly but i do agree you raised some valid points...

so are you saying that the whole reason a confession exists is to serve hearts na who have reached a mutual understanding for each other? yung nagkagustuhan na? na alang kwenta sya for those na times na yung lalaki lang nakakaramdam... kahit friends sila ng girl... kasi if that's the case... and i'm not saying you're wrong... then common culture has a very skewed up idea of what a confession is and what it is for...

maybe what i'm saying is you're trying to simplify "love" (for lack of a better word) too much. i don't think it's that simple and you're generalizing na ganun nga sa lahat when "love" can get so complicated and can be manifested in so many situations differently...

i guess you "medyo" answered all my questions na validly... pwede na... except yung pangalawa... what one "should" expect... i'm not asking for "what" wants... parang... what should you have in mind, your mindset, going into a confession para whatever happens alang sabogan?? ok ka pa rin.. for girls i guess what mindset one should have when a confession does come?? para it works out for both...

haha come to think of it i might be simplifying stuff myself but subukan nyo na rin... bear with me...
  • Originally posted by iceburnspitfire
    and maybe you don't buy my "just to let her know" crap pero sabi ko nga i'm not really looking for any relationship stuff or anything beyond that...

of course you are. deep down youre hoping that shell say she likes you back. that is why you feel that theres a need to tell her.
    like i said i just really like her but i'm man to admit that she might have her interests vested somewhere else... and were really good friends... at dun ako umaasa na sana inde nya makalimutan yon... haha... inde naman ako random somebody na aamin sa kanya diba?? kaibigan kami at sana yung friendship namin ang pagbasehan nya ng decision nya... inde yung issue...

what you have is a contorted view on getting together with women. you think being friends with a woman you like is a plus. ill let you in something - being friends is a disadvantage. what you want is to make a chick think of you in a "romantic" way from the get go. you want her to immediately entertain thoughts of the two of you getting together. it takes a woman the first 5 minutes of acquaintance to decide how far shell let you go. if she doesnt like you, youll be her friend and that my boy, is the kiss of death.
    so are you saying that the whole reason a confession exists is to serve hearts na who have reached a mutual understanding for each other? yung nagkagustuhan na? na alang kwenta sya for those na times na yung lalaki lang nakakaramdam... kahit friends sila ng girl... kasi if that's the case... and i'm not saying you're wrong... then common culture has a very skewed up idea of what a confession is and what it is for...

thats not what im saying at all. i even wrote that you should confess even if i think theres zero chance for you to get the girl.
    maybe what i'm saying is you're trying to simplify "love" (for lack of a better word) too much. i don't think it's that simple and you're generalizing na ganun nga sa lahat when "love" can get so complicated and can be manifested in so many situations differently...

what im trying to do is simplify the game for you so you can learn how to play it and eventually get good at it so that you dont find yourself in situations like youre in now over and over. a loser doesnt have to be one forever. learn how to play the game and the feeling of "love", if thats what youre looking for will come with it if you so choose to.
    i guess you "medyo" answered all my questions na validly... pwede na... except yung pangalawa... what one "should" expect... i'm not asking for "what" wants... parang... what should you have in mind, your mindset, going into a confession para whatever happens alang sabogan?? ok ka pa rin.. for girls i guess what mindset one should have when a confession does come?? para it works out for both...

you should be confident that youre getting the girl going in. you have got to be able to look into a mirror and say "oh yeah, she wants me." there shouldnt be an ounce of doubt in your head that youre going to get what you want because itll show in your actions. otherwise, youll look like a stuttering amateur. women dont like amateurs.

if she turns you down, keep your composure, keep your ego in check, meaning dont let it get you down. your egos your friend, dude. you nurture it, you protect it, you maintain it. dont let anybody tell you otherwise. lick your wounds and move on. ang daming babae.
  • it's not really that harsh ^_^

you've spent too much time asking yourself questions. somehow such an act proves to be the downfall of many a good man.

i believe you have defeated yourself long before the battle has begun. remember, martyrs only become memorials. while those who have not, gets all the good stuff. maybe not now, but the experience lets them have it later.

so, let's make it simple. confess NOW. don't make anymore introductions because you already had years doing that. because either way, it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. expect the worst and hope for the best. be a man today ... at least, you could achieve that :)

do that and we'll be here laughing our hearts out. oh just kidding. :glee:

good luck !

(it's really hot today)
  • well, the way i see it... you got a lot of excuses, boy. are you afraid of being rejected? hell, the only time i would come up with these excuses are when i'm trying to ready myself for disappointments.

"i just want to let it out, i'm not expecting her to like me too"... :glee: so what's the point of telling her you like her in a romantic way? admit it. you want to put the relationship in a different level. you're just afraid that won't happen. worse, you're afraid she'll keep her distance after that...

hmmm... better reassess what you really want to happen.
  • :) Advice k0 lang bro,,,y0u better tell her na...instead 0f thinking what will be her reacti0n..at least if u t0ld her na h0w y0u feel t0wards her..malalaman mo na how will she react...ang iisipin m0 na lang yung feeling nya f0r y0u..nabawasan na yung sentiments m0 na paan0 kailan .....Gust0 mo pa bang dumating yung time na too late na to confess???:( :( and one thing its better na masabi mo and mareject ka...rather than dumating sa point na hindi ka na mabigyan ng pagkakataon to tell her...mas magsisisi ka for sure..
  • actually, a confession doesn't really bug us like hell. di naman ganun kahirap dalhin for us yun. whether we like you or not, it is not always to our advantage ang dapat niyong isipin once you confess. confession is a gamble. you should be aware of the odds and the probabilities of its outcomes, whether in your favor or not.

letting out your feelings for her would be easy if you're not expecting anything in return. it would be just a breeze if you're not looking forward in a relationship. but if you find it hard, then that's a different issue. :shrug:

sabihin mo na agad. the friendship will be at risk, yes maybe, but then it would also be a huge relief. diba? :)
  • syempre ang dami ko ng isinulat tas na log off ako heheh

anyway, i did this confession thingy to my bestfriend.

pero before i did that, alam ko naman na he has a hint na that na develop ako. and he kept telling me na he'd be a better friend kesa boyfriend. and i know for the fact na hanggang friends lang talaga ang relatiopnship namin.

i just did that to let him know what i felt, that i fell in love with him, etc etc etc... ayoko kasi sa future to regret not telling him/not letting him know.

now things are better. although hindi nga naging kami, pero we both felt na my "confession" has bonded us more.

i will never forget how he held me, how sorry he felt that he can't ever reciprocate what i felt for him. pero for me that's ok. kasi i know that he loves me in only a way that he can. hindi ko man sya naging boyfriend pero we share this something special na kahit mag ka boyfriend na ako or magka girlfriend na sya eh ndi mabre break.

in time i know i will get over what i felt for him (super recently lang to).... pero i know i'll never regret confessing what i felt for him :)