Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

A good SON is a good HUSBAND. True or False?

Pag mabait na anak sa magulang ba eh ibig sabihin mabait ding asawa??? Hmmmmm

Comments

• false. on a related analogy, my father is a good father but he is a lousy husband, even my mom admits! :lol:
  • Anyway, there are myths about Fathers and Sons going in opposite directions. For example is a friend of mine who's a hopeless romantic, but his father cheats on his mother. The grandpa was under-de-saya to their grandma. The siblings of his father have different ways of coping with the stress the grandma gave them by seeing the grandpa who's ever so subservient, so they poured all that anger on their wives through cheating, fighting, and sometimes, abandonment.

Then there are those who pass on the traits skipping one generation. For example is a guy who has a grandpa who womanized a lot, his father wasn't like his grandpa but he could end up either one of them just the same. It all boils down to good parental guidance. :D
  • LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Rookie ⭐
    False. Some marriages fail because the son is a good son (read: mama's boy) to his parents that he can't stand up for his wife.
  • nah....highly doubt it. most often nga, kung sino ung good son, sya ung bad husband.
  • Nada! I disagree...most of the time magkabaligtad lagi yan!
  • On the contrary to the above responses, i think yes.

That is, when it comes to being responsible. Kasi when a guy is a good son, he's aware how a family works and he's concerned about everyone in the family. He looks out to the people who matters to him the most because when he doesn't have his own family yet, he makes sure that he does his duties as a son and can look after the family when given the task.

Pero syempre, depende pa rin yan sa upbringing ng isang tao. Kung di maganda ang family environment nya, imposibleng maging matino ang mga members ng family na yun.

Good is relative anyway. :)
  • can be... but not always.

but what is more believable is a respectful man to every woman around is probably a very good husband to his wife.
  • False yan. It doesn't necessarily mean that a guy will be a good husband if he is a good son.
  • false. sometimes a good son loves his mom so much that he compares his wife to his mom (cooking etc.). nawawalan tuloy ng sariling diskarte yung wife nya.
  • pwede, pero not all the time nga.

pero di naman din lahat ng good sons ay forever ng "yes, mommy!"
  • pwede, pero not all the time nga.

pero di naman din lahat ng good sons ay forever ng "yes, mommy!"

:rocker:
  • add to that... the definition of "good" in the phrase "a good son" may vary from one person to another...

for me, being a mama's boy is not necessarily being a good son.
  • hmm. read in a women's book that you'll see how a man treats his wife the way he treats his mom.

i guess this world has too many variables for putting facts down in concrete
  • i don't think so... :shrug:
  • LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Rookie ⭐
    Originally posted by Quentin
    hmm. read in a women's book that you'll see how a man treats his wife the way he treats his mom.

i guess this world has too many variables for putting facts down in concrete

Or you meant, putting facts down to black and white.

Lots of gray areas in this world.
  • false. it doesn't always follow that a 'good son' behaves that way because he is responsible and caring. the son could just be too dependent - financially or emotionally - on his parents so he is respectful and obedient in their presence.
  • Originally posted by LaTtE`M
    Or you meant, putting facts down to black and white.

Lots of gray areas in this world.

i was staring at the wall all day so ... it's concrete :glee:
  • angel jangel j PEx Rookie ⭐
    my bf is a good son, and he's also a good bf to me... just not sure if he will be a good husband someday... :(
  • we'll never know... but mas malaki yung chances na magiging good husband ang good son. Ewan ko ba. Basta ang importante may SARILING desisyon yung guy kasi baka maging MAMA's BOY... kawawa ka naman if ever