PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at pex-info@pinoyexchange.com. Thank you!

Pinoy Grapplers

SueLasSueLas Mujahideen PExer
Any grapplers here in Pex?

Comments

• AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus ✭✭✭
    Nanawagan ako baka nandito sina:

Joe Pogi
    Macho Franco aka Falayfay
    Max Buwaya
    Iggy Igorot
    Bong of the Bakal Boys
    Caloy of the Bakal Boys
    Pinoy Ranger
    Lawin The Birdman
    Turko Torero
    Sultan Bato
    Juan Duwag
    Baldong Dado
    Roboto
    Kamikaze Kid
    Waway The Wildman
    Zorro and
    the only PWF Champion, King Cobra!
  • highwindhighwind Member PExer
    meron pa bang pwf ngayon?
  • ZanarkandZanarkand BANO Season 3 Champion PExer
    Originally posted by AnthonyServinio
    Nanawagan ako baka nandito sina:

Joe Pogi
    Macho Franco aka Falayfay
    Max Buwaya
    Iggy Igorot
    Bong of the Bakal Boys
    Caloy of the Bakal Boys
    Pinoy Ranger
    Lawin The Birdman
    Turko Torero
    Sultan Bato
    Juan Duwag
    Baldong Dado
    Roboto
    Kamikaze Kid
    Waway The Wildman
    Zorro and
    the only PWF Champion, King Cobra!

Wow! Those names bring back memories of Pinoy Wrestling over channel 4. Si Waway the Wildman un kumakain ng manok na buhay b4 every match as I recall hehe...
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink panda is going to eat you PExer
    haha si max buwaya......natandaan ko kinain ang manok na buhay pero ......bawat kain niya dinudura niya :D
  • coydeleoncoydeleon Gatecrasher PExer
    Dba meron dating Smokey Mountain bros? or Bakal boys yun? Can't remember...
  • ZanarkandZanarkand BANO Season 3 Champion PExer
    Yah, iba pang tag team yun Smokey Mountain Bros.
    Originally posted by Zanarkand
    Yah, iba pang tag team yun Smokey Mountain Bros.
    Sabi ko na nga ba may kulang sa listahan ko. Kasali nga pala sina Big Boy at Ting, The Smokey Mountain Brothers!

I also recall at least two female wrestlers, one villainess named Gundina and the heroine whose name escapes me.

Anyway, after the PWF folded up a lot of its stars returned to their old jobs of being movie stuntmen, bodyguards, personal trainers and a few national athletes.
  • Eugene HikaruEugene Hikaru THE GAME! PExer
    Pinoy Grapplers ba hinahanap dito, o Pinoy wrestling wrestlers dati?

Laugh Trip iyung listahan na iyan. With your host: GARY LISING and the other I forgot...

2 heroines ang naaalala ko. Iyung isa nga mukhang 'kano. Si Gundina ba iyung mala-King Cobra din pero babae?
  • MJakaMJaka hungry young poet PExer
    yeah i remember the PWF. kakatawa nga yung announcer nila nun eh, si Lou Veloso.
    Originally posted by Eugene Hikaru
    Laugh Trip iyung listahan na iyan. With your host: GARY LISING and the other I forgot...
    The regular television anchormen of the PWF were Johnny Revilla and Albert "Doctor Q" Que.
    Originally posted by MJaka
    yeah i remember the PWF. kakatawa nga yung announcer nila nun eh, si Lou Veloso.
    The official ring announcer of the PWF was FM radio DJ Howling Dave.
    sayang mababa ba ang sweldo sa kanila kaya bumalik ang mga pinoy wrestlers sa dating jobs nila? sayang kasi na-entertain ako nila dati hehehe
  • faaip_de_oiadfaaip_de_oiad PEX GOD PExer
    teka, naabutan ko ba to? :glee:

san pinalabas to?
  • Super VegettoSuper Vegetto feel the power of fusion! PExer
    di ba kasali si joaqui trillo sa pwf, manager ba siya or ano nga ba?
  • spongklongspongklong chuBBy PExer
    Originally posted by faaip_de_oiad
    teka, naabutan ko ba to? :glee:

san pinalabas to?

i think two years ago pinalabas pa ang mga reruns nito sa rjtv29.. kakatawa pa ng mga gimik nila noon.. :D
    Originally posted by Super Vegetto
    di ba kasali si joaqui trillo sa pwf, manager ba siya or ano nga ba?

si johnny revilla lang yuun....kamuka ni mr. trillo :lol:
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    About Pinoy Wrestling: when did it originally air?
  • florida_gator#8florida_gator#8 king of the swamp PExer
    ^ i think in the 80s,and they taped it in ali mall.did see some of the re-runs when I was a little kid on RJ 29 though.

PWF was funny as sh1t!obviously,their wrestlers lacked the in-ring ability compared to their US counterparts,and it didn't look "real," but who cares?it made me crack-up everytime I saw an episode.and who can forget the championship belt made of crap?!and the opening video showin a clip of some guy carrying a sack of rice by biting it! :lol:

one of my fav matches were,the battle royal sultan bato won, and joe pogi vs king cobra for the belt,w/ ringside appearance by macho franco. (damn,how do i remember these?this was long time ago!wish I could put my good memory into better use!)
  • C_ronaldo7C_ronaldo7 Member PExer
    sana gumawa uli ng lokal fed mga tao =D pag mayaman lang ako gagawa ako eh hehe rami ko kasi atang ideas
    ^ i think in the 80s,and they taped it in ali mall.did see some of the re-runs when I was a little kid on RJ 29 though.
    Initially, they taped "Pinoy Wrestling" inside the studios of the then PTV-4 in Quezon City. Later, the show went on a caravan by taping in different public places like basketball courts and town plazas mostly in Metro Manila. They even taped two episodes in our village's basketball court and I still hope to secure copies of those because me and my brother were seen on the screen for almost the whole of two episodes. The tapings in the mall were made towards the end of the run.

The television time slot was also a problem. The show started on primetime Saturday over PTV-4. It was then transferred and transferred until it ended up at late Sunday night, considered a graveyard spot for television shows, for its final season.
  • florida_gator#8florida_gator#8 king of the swamp PExer
    ^oh,cool info

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file