! ! ! RP Basketball only ranked 41st ! ! !

Grr_tigerGrr_tiger dA_migHtY_TiGEr PExer
when i surfed newly renovated www.fiba.com I stumbled upon the FIBA Ranking system and checked our performance in international competitions.

sadly we we were ranked 41st. it wasn't a surprise to me.

the only thing which disturbed me most is the fact that JAPAN(21ST), QATAR(31st), TAIWAN(33rd), SAUDI ARABIA(37th) INDIA(38th) and IRAN(40th) ranked higher than us. :confused:

with an intact lineup these are the teams which we can easily beat!

dapat kasi ituloy na nila yang 'superbody' na yan. :mad:

enough with the politics and let's start building a strong basketball program for the future.

and if only we had a team which continued to play overseas and garnered extra points we would've been up in the standings.

Comments

• Japan???

Eh titiklop lang yan sa Pilipinas eh.. Kung seryoso talaga yung mga nagpapadala ng players...
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Grr_tiger

the only thing which disturbed me most is the fact that JAPAN(21ST), QATAR(31st), TAIWAN(33rd), SAUDI ARABIA(37th) INDIA(38th) and IRAN(40th) ranked higher than us. :confused:
    Definitely a major factor is the fact that our team finished in 15th place among 16 countries in the latest ABC Men's Championship held in Harbin, China in 2003. Winning the SEABA and SEA Games that same year does not hold much weight since these are considered as minor regional tournaments.

:rpflag:
    GO PHILIPPINES!
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs d ko hilig PExer
    Yugoslavia ang No. 1 ah
  • ZanarkandZanarkand BANO Season 3 Champion PExer
    One more thing. The Philippines has consistently not sent their strongest possible team (PBA players) that is why our country fares miserably in international play. If we sent our best, we probably would finish higher in those tournaments and rank higher.
  • ryan_jamsessionryan_jamsession hoops junkie PExer
    'IF' only our basketball officials would come up with a solid plan then 'MAYBE' we will go up higher in the standings.

now 'IF' only we would starting preparing our RP Team this year for the 2005 ABC Championships which is the qualifiers for the 2006 WORLD BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS, then 'MAYBE' we will win at least a silver medal at the 2006 ASIAN GAMES.

it's never too early to prepare.

a lot of people didn't notice, QATAR beat LEBANON and placed 3rd @ the 2003 ABC Championships. QATAR ate dust when they went up against the PBA-RP Team two years ago.

some people always tend to forget that experience is the best teacher.

QATAR learned their lesson well when they visited the Philippines. they were beaten badly but that was part of their maturity process. practice makes perfect as they say.

my two cents....
  • ateneo10ateneo10 buying Magic cards PM me PExer

don't get mad...

how can we be worst than iraq or saudi? the pbl rejects can beat their champ teams any day. unless of course they result to making african players their citizens like they do in other sports...

take it as a joke. :D
  • edching908edching908 Certified Chinoy Ako PExer
    Its largely a question of priorities. We are a basketball-crazy nation alright, but the prime movers have all the wrong moves.

There should really be two major basketball groupings, and the amateur camps are the ones that deserve all the attention. Let the PBA have their own games. But I'd say let's do more grassroots outreach on this one. Only then, can this country hope to recover from its ranking in FIBA.
  • KARTOGKARTOG Member PExer
    Nag-improve pa nga yan dati ata nasa 70ish ang ranking ng Pilipinas...
  • KARTOGKARTOG Member PExer
    Nag-improve pa nga yan dati ata nasa 70ish ang ranking ng Pilipinas...
  • BatsBats newbie Turntablist PExer
    Bulok kasi tayo sa Asian BAsketball CHampionships.
    Pag PBA players na yung pinadala na tin dun malamang mataas na tayo sa JApan.

Pati sa Asian CLub CHampionships - dapat PBA team na din. Yung champion team ng isang conference na may import. (may import din kasi yung ibang TEam). SIgruado ko, kung SMB with art long ipapadala natin dun, champion tayo!
  • greensoapgreensoap Chill pill PExer
    when i surfed newly renovated www.fiba.com I stumbled upon the FIBA Ranking system and checked our performance in international competitions.

dapat kasi ituloy na nila yang 'superbody' na yan. :mad:

enough with the politics and let's start building a strong basketball program for the future.

and if only we had a team which continued to play overseas and garnered extra points we would've been up in the standings.

speaks well of how the top officials of philippine basketball organize and prioritize...

its not that we lack the skills....even the pbl players can match up wid these teams

the teams of d other countries are improving...dpat ndi magstagnate ang basketball program ntin...

peace :)
  • EcKo_01EcKo_01 Alam mo NA!!! :-p PExer
    well, we don't have to be suprised kasi kasalanan naman yan ng PBA/BAP eh. kung nakikicooperate naman sila pag ABC eh di sana mas mataas pa ang ranking natin sa iba.. :glee:
  • neth_rowneth_row Moderator ✭✭
    Forming a basketball superbody is a step to the right direction. At least ngayon, may direction na.

The BAP faction headed by Literal, by ignoring the call for a superbody, just shows what money-grabbing fuckers they really are. Inuuna pa ang sarili nilang interes kaysa sa national interest. Kung ako lang ang pangulo ng Pilipinas, ia-abolish ko yang buwakananginang mga yan eh. Puros walang silbi.
  • gakutokamuigakutokamui biased gooner PExer
    for a basketball crazy nation, do you guys actually believe we can actually be world class in this sport where height is might? we are nowhere near world class... not even with all the fil-am injections. maybe being 41st is a little harsh, but its not that surprising.
    Originally posted by gakutokamui
    maybe being 41st is a little harsh, but its not that surprising.

but to be ranked lower than iraq ba yun? i mean, those middle east guy are... are... well, one of them offered renren a fat cotract to play as an import. how can they be better than us?

despite of the mismanagement, we are certainly still more talented. doesn't that merit anything?
    Originally posted by EcKo_01
    well, we don't have to be suprised kasi kasalanan naman yan ng PBA/BAP eh. kung nakikicooperate naman sila pag ABC eh di sana mas mataas pa ang ranking natin sa iba.. :glee:

sa totoo lang, sa tingin ko the pba is scared that they might be beaten by other asian countries, and, in effect, are only protecting themselves.
    Originally posted by neth_row
    Inuuna pa ang sarili nilang interes kaysa sa national interest. Kung ako lang ang pangulo ng Pilipinas, ia-abolish ko yang buwakananginang mga yan eh. Puros walang silbi.

alam mo na, pulitika eh. ganun naman talaga di ba?
  • hanskyuthanskyut kyut na pexer PExer
    Originally posted by ateneo10
    sa totoo lang, sa tingin ko the pba is scared that they might be beaten by other asian countries, and, in effect, are only protecting themselves.

pero they're starting to open the possibilty of letting the pros play in the 2005 ABC , but then again here comes the BAP
  • buddee10buddee10 Member PExer
    i think it is about time that we concentrate on building a presence in the ABC...
    Originally posted by hanskyut
    pero they're starting to open the possibilty of letting the pros play in the 2005 ABC , but then again here comes the BAP

that's only because they all of a sudden realize that the viewing public isn't stupid...

protecting their cagers' pride if they are indeed lesser than asian counterparts is not good enough for filipinos.

we wanna know we're still better like before.

only, we doubt even that because of the presence of nba players around the region (yuta tabuse, mengke bateer, yao ming).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file