PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Rampaging Barcelona

boogerflickerboogerflicker the coolangot PExer
9 straight wins in La Liga, mainly behind the inspired play of Brazilian international Ronaldinho. In fact, Ronaldinho is now being hailed as the "new Zidane". An electrifying performer, he is a joy to watch with his fancy dribbling, accurate passes (especially his no-look passes), devastating free kicks and scorer's instincts. A complete package, Sir Alex Ferguson may be pulling his hair out right now for not having agreed to Ronaldinho's transfer fee and settling for the over-dribbling Cristiano Ronaldo as the replacement for David Beckham. Ronaldinho, who turned 24 during their game vs. last year's Cinderellas Real Sociedad, leads the youth movement of manager Frank Rikjaard. Luis Garcia, Javier Saviola, Ricardo Quaresma (another Portuguese who likes to dribble) has replaced Barca oldtimers Luis Enrique, Marc Overmars and Patrick Kluivert in the starting lineup, and they had brought the excitement and anticipation back at Nou Camp.

However, Barca's phenomenal run may also be attributed to the arrival of Juve midfielder on-loan Edgar Davids. His energy and tenaciousness as a defensive midfielder was sorely missed by Juventus as they crashed out of the Champs League. I fear Juve may want him back, I hope Barca exhaust all means to keep Davids in its roster.

April 26 Manila Time is a crucial date for Barca fans here. It is the second time they will face arch-rivals Real Madrid, and with Real's Los Galacticos and shaky defenders sputtering, Barca may have a chance of capturing the La Liga title by the slimmest of margins. Whether they get it or not, at least it is safe to say Barcelona FC is back at the Champions League next year.

Comments

• viemannviemann Member PExer
    Yes, here comes Barca!!!!!

Real needs to watch out...this team is in its finest form.

Regarding Ronaldinho, I really wanted to see him in a red devil jersey but seeing him in Barca would do just fine.heheh
  • roadrage23roadrage23 Scrutineer ✭✭
    Originally posted by viemann
    Yes, here comes Barca!!!!!

Real needs to watch out...this team is in its finest form.

Regarding Ronaldinho, I really wanted to see him in a red devil jersey but seeing him in Barca would do just fine.heheh

My thoughts exactly. Go Barca!!! :D
  • ale828ale828 Member PExer
    most of ronaldinho's goals are being put in highlight films, wow talaga.
  • FortuneFortune Banned by Admin PExer
    at 3rd place in LIGA
    they go into the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 3rd qualifying round next season

they also could qualify for the quarters of the current UEFA CUP if they beat CELTIC tom

what a turnaround...
  • viemannviemann Member PExer
    Originally posted by ale828
    most of ronaldinho's goals are being put in highlight films, wow talaga.

Yes, including his free kick against Sociedad in their last match.

An absolute screamer.
  • gakutokamuigakutokamui biased gooner PExer
    held by celtic 0-0 at camp nou. no more uefa cup for this year. but looking good for a cl place next year.
  • ale828ale828 Member PExer
    they may even have a slim chance at the la liga crown now that real is in dismal form. only valencia seem to be in their way.
  • FortuneFortune Banned by Admin PExer
    NO TROPHIES for BARCA this year???

how many barren years na ba?
  • boogerflickerboogerflicker the coolangot PExer
    na-postpone yung laban nila kontra real betis dahil baha yung field. wala bang balita kung kelan sila magtutunggali?
  • boogerflickerboogerflicker the coolangot PExer
    aba! ayon sa kanilang website, interesado sila kay david trezeguet!
  • thescenethescene Member PExer
    Originally posted by boogerflicker
    na-postpone yung laban nila kontra real betis dahil baha yung field. wala bang balita kung kelan sila magtutunggali?

April 14
  • gresylgresyl ULTIMATE PASAWAI PExer
    they already have Owen !
  • bludwidbludwid U Want Somma Dis? PExer
    Originally posted by gresyl
    they already have Owen !

I think Real's got owen. Barca's got Eto'o...
    oh sorry.. ! :shy:

yeah your right !
  • out of orderout of order Member PExer
    there was an exodus of Dutch players from the Barca football team. Cocu, Overmars, Reiziger and Kluivert have been replaced by Brazilian players, mostly defenders. New signings include Larsson, Deco, Giuly, Eto'o and the Brazilians Juliano Belletti, Silvinho, Edmilson. The problem with those signings are these Brazilians might be non-EU players so they have to secure Spanish citizenship for these players.
    out of order :

add the de boer brothers ... :D
    hehe, si ronald de boer matagal na, i think he moved to Glasgow Rangers. si frank ngayon lang. thank goodness, i never really liked his defending style. physical, good in the air but his defensive awareness was suspect, IMO.
    hmmm, edgar davids has also left the club. i think he was on loan to barca. sayang, minsan out of place siya but he can really be an effective midfielder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file