Help! I only have $400 in shopping money for my trip to SanFo!

CosmoCosmo In My Place PExer
I'm flying to San Francisco 2 weeks from now and my problem is I only have a budget of $400 for shopping! I'll be there for only 3 weeks but i still think $400 is too tight a budget!

Where do i buy the following on bargain (aside from outlet stores):
1) COACH bag (the pink hobo bag)
2) Great pair of jeans
3) Great pair of boot-leg pants for the office
4) Black leather bag
5) Chocolate brown closed-toe shoes

By the way, where are the outlet stores in San Francisco? Or anywhere near?

Comments

• heymikeyheymikey SCAN THIS... PExer
    Try shopping at WalMart :)
  • fanfanfanfan Member PExer
    When I went there... Macys was on sale. I got a nine west bag for only $30.
  • riAbabyriAbaby Ya need heals? ✭✭✭
    punta ka sa swapmeet hehehehe...or sa ross.
  • anna_f73anna_f73 Member PExer
    The nearest outlet is at Gilroy which is about 1 to 2 hours away. It's quite big and I'm sure you'll lose yourself going from one store to the next.

Or you could go to Macy's and Ross. Nine West bags are at $20. Always go to the clearance sections. Wag ng mahiya at sayang ang savings!
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN hooah! PExer
    Originally posted by heymikey
    Try shopping at WalMart :)
    Tama! O kaya Target! Dati, nakita raw nung kaibigan ko si Martin Nievera, nag sho-shopping sa Target. So yung mga fancy clothes na suot niya sa ASAP, sa Target niya siguro binili :D
  • pattybeepattybee Member PExer
    Target, Ross and Wal-Mart have great choices! Payless Shoes, the clearance racks of major dept. stores and Gilroy, of course.
  • abscbnabscbn SSDD ✭✭✭
    $400, thats not even enough for the coach bag that your planing to purchase, i suggest you just spend that money here.
  • mysticpaladinmysticpaladin Seal of Command PExer
    Originally posted by Cosmo
    I'm flying to San Francisco 2 weeks from now and my problem is I only have a budget of $400 for shopping! I'll be there for only 3 weeks but i still think $400 is too tight a budget!

Where do i buy the following on bargain (aside from outlet stores):
    1) COACH bag (the pink hobo bag)
    2) Great pair of jeans
    3) Great pair of boot-leg pants for the office
    4) Black leather bag
    5) Chocolate brown closed-toe shoes

By the way, where are the outlet stores in San Francisco? Or anywhere near?

Although I'm a guy, I must tell you, $400 for shopping alone would get you everywhere (and WHOLE freakin' lot), unless you buy nothing but designer clothes.

1) I'm not sure about brands. So I'll give this to the girls.
    2) A great pair of jeans? Where do I even start? Jordache, Express, Urban Outfitters, American Eagle Outfitters, Abercrombie & Fitch, Walmart, Target, KMart, Pacific Sunwear, GAP, Guess, D&G, not to mention a throve of thrift stores that sell jeans that have a lot of character in them (and yeah, they all have at least one boutique the whole of san francisco, usually, the boutiques are all in just one mall - well, except for Walmart, Target & KMart).
    3) Express Women has a lot of viable for-work-but-doesn't-hurt-to-be-hip clothes.
    4) Are you looking for actual leather? Specialty leather stores are usually the best. I've heard of one in the Bay Area, but I forgot the name.
    5) Payless! Chinese Laundry!
  • soulthirdsoulthird It Ain't Worth It PExer
    Gilroy! And $400 is not cheap huh. If you go to an outlet store it'd buy you much. If you don't want branded stuff Wal-Mart will do.

Look for Marshall's and Ross stores. TJMaxx also... you'd find a lot of good deals. Just make sure you inspect the merchandise!
  • enid_warrenenid_warren In search of lost time PExer
    yeah my mom said Wal-Mart's ok....

but if you're really desperate....

work your charms on relatives who hasn't seen you in years and would like to make it up to you :D
  • lechon xlechon x Olats ✭✭✭
    Sa Tutuban ka na lang kung $400 lang

Yong Coach bag, tapos na yong 400 mo unless wallet lang ang bilhin mo. :D
  • JoYcE`TiKJoYcE`TiK Member PExer
    i think you could buy those leather coach bags at an outlet store, basta hindi yung monogram nila. 'di ako taga-frisco pero alam ko merong outlet store na nagbebenta nun sa cabazon.

you could shop robinson's may lalo na may sale tapos hanap ka ng tita na may credit card para dagdag discount chaka coupon sa dyaryo. solb ka na nun. sarap mag-shopping ng may sale!! sayang kung may $400 din lang sana ako. hehehehehh.
  • OnTheRoadOnTheRoad Member PExer
    Ross is getting better!
  • ReignReign Member PExer
    natawa lang talaga ako sa ibang mga post dito... hahahaha. sorry.

anyway, i think you will really have a hard time buying all those if you want something from coach... lalo na kung bag...

i tried buying for coach for my sister... i wasn't able to... and my budget for shopping was higher than your current budget.

pero marami kang mabibili nyan... wag ka lang mapili sa brand.

and i think there's another store na parang ross... marshalls ata yung name

good luck.
  • CosmoCosmo In My Place PExer
    thanks everyone!!!! really appreciate the posts

abscbn/lechon x- i disagree.surfed their website and found some nice monogram bags for less than $200. They're not even on sale :)

i've managed to up my budget to $500. hihi. does Gilroy carry Coach? anyway, i've been to ross and yeah, i managed to buy cheap stuff there.

thanks you guys! keep the posts coming!:)
  • anguissetteanguissette Phedre no Delaunay PExer
    Ah, handbag fan :D I've been tracking several Coach purses on online auctions for a while, it's a lot cheaper than buying retail even with shipping. Since you're in SF anyway, have them send your bag there - i see a lot of Coach styles going for MUCH less than retail.
    -the Soho totes are going for less than the $238++ price on the Coach site... you could probably get a Fendi Piccola Hobo in the rare colors for around $220-$350. I snagged a navy Hamptons pochette for just $31.00 ^_^

I'd not go with Nine West, it's too easy to get them and they're priced at $8-$20(they sell Nine West purses on ebay for really low prices and in wholesale lots for 5-10 purses each, sometimes the whole collection).

Just make sure the auction you bid on has pics of the inside and the coach paperwork - there's a few fakes though Ebay usually catches them before they can complete a sale. People think the Made in China tag is fake but the new authentic Coach bags are definitely made in China.The only way I could tell one was a replica once was that the fabric was upside down in front....the C's in the central row were pointing down instead of up :p

On shopping...I'd rather not spend on new brand-name and designer goods in retail stores in CA because shopping in Asia is always cheaper....may outlet nga but the prices still can't compete. Ebay is your best shot for getting low prices on designer goods - you can get good deals on BCBG and BCBGirls ($26-$50 for the pastel mock croc totes that were hot for spring), Miu Miu (i got some Miu Miu heels off there for about $90, orig price $220), Kate Spade, Burberry London and Burberry Blue Label (totes starting from $25) and Murakami-designed Marco Aniane purses ($99 wallets, bags starting from $199) that go for $350-$1100 retail.

Less expensive brands - Polo RL and Polo Sport bags - can go for as low as $9.00...XOXO and other mid-range labels are there too, but sometimes it's not worth the shipping cost to buy them off the site.
  • NOKiENOKiE HYPERNUT PExer
    Take a peek at their site: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=23

Gilroy's quite a drive from San Francisco. Closeby stores you might also want to consider: Off-5th (Saks) and other stores at Great Mall in Milpitas, Nordstrom's Rack and Ann Taylor in San Leandro.

It also wouldn't hurt to walk in any premium stores at any given shopping center in the Bay Area. Most if not all of them always have sale items.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file