Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Women, Head Games, and the Sensitive Man

i dont know if ive shared this before, i might have a few years back. ive received this email several times already and have been asked if i had a hand in this. the answers no.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: modern women don’t want a sensitive man. Traditional women didn’t want him either. If you become a classic "new age" sensitive man, you’ll invite scorn from both sides of the female spectrum. As much as women may say that they are looking for sensitive men, they act in exactly the opposite way: as though they are looking for insensitive men.

Have you ever noticed… I mean, really sat down and thought about how women react to emotional situations versus how women expect men to react to those same situations? Women judge the reasonableness of their own reactions based on how they feel; they judge the reasonableness of men’s reactions on how those reactions make women feel. An angry woman will rant and rave and do her best to make her man feel bad. She calls this, "Getting [her] point across." That same woman will expect her man to keep a level head and watch what he says when he’s angry so as not to upset her. If he says things to make her feel bad, then suddenly he has done something far worse than what she did in the first place to provoke his anger, and it is he who must apologize.

I have never in my life hung around with or dated a woman who didn’t play head games on mates or prospective mates, although I’ve been out with only a few women who would admit to it. A woman will often tell her man that she doesn’t love him, that he doesn’t love her, that he never listens to her, or that she has done something outrageously stupid, all just to get him going. What she says doesn’t have to be true; it doesn’t even have to resemble the truth, and in fact it’s better if it doesn’t. A woman will bluff her way through something like this until he buys into what she is saying, at which point she will giggle and tell him that she was fooling, or add insult to injury by getting angry at him for believing such a thing of her. Women call this "teasing" and they love it. I used to be bewildered by this teasing, but recently the penny dropped. Now I understand it. Now it makes sense.

By "teasing," she is sowing confusion, seeing how much emotional battering he can take before he snaps, and finding the hot buttons that make him feel guilty and apologetic. All three of these things help map the territory for her, and tell her how to manipulate him.

Frequent teasing by women establishes them as emotionally superior, and sets them up to win every argument that they have with their man in the future.

Frequent teasing also affects men: it reduces their emotional security and increases their confusion and emotional pain, just as constantly prodding a caged animal with a stick reduces its sense of security and increases its confusion and pain. Most men cope with this by feeling less. Given a choice between "stuffing" their feelings and feeling anger and resentment toward their chosen mates, men usually choose to "stuff" their feelings. In this sense, women work to make their men less sensitive, not more sensitive.

In order to pull this off, women need insensitive men. A truly sensitive man, who was also sensitive to his own suffering, would become angry with his mate for his mistreatment. Only an insensitive man could tolerate women’s emotional terrorism and continue functioning as if nothing were wrong. If a man starts off somewhat sensitive, his mate can and often will discourage his sensitivity with teasing, mercurial emotions, or plain unreasonable behaviour backed up by repeated assertions that she’s done nothing wrong. All of these things have the same effect: they help turn him into the very same insensitive clod about which women complain endlessly.

So, if you’re a truly sensitive man you can look forward to a lifetime of rejection as women discover that when they cut you, you bleed. Blood—even emotional blood—makes women feel bad, so they move on and look for someone with thicker skin. Thin-skinned, sensitive men make lousy emotional punching bags on bad days. They can’t be bludgeoned into acquiescence during arguments because they feel the guilt and shame too readily and break down too easily. They can’t be told that black is white and white is black because they’re paying attention. They’re not as easy to manipulate. Similarly, most women think that they want caring, sensitive men, but when a woman finds one, she quickly becomes bored with him. She thinks that she wants a man who is kind, gentle, and agreeable, but in the end such men present no challenges and no opportunity to grow and learn. So she dumps him for a "real man" who won’t pay her too much attention as she fumes and stomps about the house. She wants him to finally break down and give in, but she doesn’t want it to be too easy. It’s more fun that way.

comments?

Comments

• LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Rookie ⭐
    Been there, done that, argument's right :glee:

You DID share this around a year and a half ago.
  • Frequent teasing by women establishes them as emotionally superior, and sets them up to win every argument that they have with their man in the future.

i'm kind of guilty on this one. :glee:

anyway, point taken. but women don't really need insensitive men. they just want men to care. hindi naman yung manhid, di rin naman yung mas emotional sa kanya.

if women can't play headgames with men, i don't think we can still survive in this world. :lol:
  • And that's why Mind Games are the usual norms in dating. Play on! :D
  • K.I.L.L.K.I.L.L. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    haha.. yeah... it's all in the spirit of fun... and if you don't get it, then move on... haha...
  • Arrrrgh! It's annoying how women put you in situations where you just can't win. I try to be sensitive to her needs but she's always finding ways to start a fight. She hasn't succeeded yet and it's weird because it almost seems like she wants me to be an a-hole when she always complains that her past guys were insensitive a-holes. Me, i don't want or need the hassle of a fight. She thinks that it's how we learn from each other. I just think that fights come naturally so don't try to provoke it because it's annoying.

So how do men play this game? How do we counteract the manipulations of women?
  • the fact that she has dated guys who are aholes should tell you that she prefers aholes. she can complain about them to no end, it still doesnt change the fact that she goes for aholes.
    Originally posted by gokou
    So how do men play this game? How do we counteract the manipulations of women?

stop being such a wussy and be a man. women dont like nice guys, dude. its too easy for them to walk all over nice guys and treat them like doormats and when its that easy, they get bored and dump you. its prolly too late for you to have some sort plan to counter what shes doing to you. should you two break up and you want to play the field and get women play YOUR game, get back to me.
  • Head Games! wahhh!!! eto pala yun! :bawling:
  • Originally posted by c0ngster
    the fact that she has dated guys who are aholes should tell you that she prefers aholes. she can complain about them to no end, it still doesnt change the fact that she goes for aholes.

stop being such a wussy and be a man. women dont like nice guys, dude. its too easy for them to walk all over nice guys and treat them like doormats and when its that easy, they get bored and dump you. its prolly too late for you to have some sort plan to counter what shes doing to you. should you two break up and you want to play the field and get women play YOUR game, get back to me.

I'd put a little protest on this one.
    Yes, I am somewhat guilty of the charges on women, but the real point there is, we want a man who'd knows whats right and whats wrong, and would stand up for whats right, but would know when give consideration. He should know when's ok and when's enough. Most simply putting it, we want a man with principles. That would be the one you're referring to as the 'unbreakable' one. Its not a game of who's a wuss and who's 'the man'.

This would be in the case of the women who uses her head. But for the unfortunate men who fall for the way too overly sensitive and 'playfull' edgy self-centered women, good luck nalang... These women would be the ones who'd play this "game" on a 'hard ball' basis. Everything to them is how they feel.

At the end of the day, it actually all boils down on how much love you have for each other, coz only that would dictate on how much you'd give and take to and from each other.

:imu:
    Originally posted by freyja
    I'd put a little protest on this one.
    Yes, I am somewhat guilty of the charges on women, but the real point there is, we want a man who'd knows whats right and whats wrong, and would stand up for whats right, but would know when give consideration. He should know when's ok and when's enough. Most simply putting it, we want a man with principles. That would be the one you're referring to as the 'unbreakable' one. Its not a game of who's a wuss and who's 'the man'.

Nah, I don't think it's about the principles.

A-holes don't necessarily have principles, but girls still go for them.
    Originally posted by freyja
    This would be in the case of the women who uses her head. But for the unfortunate men who fall for the way too overly sensitive and 'playfull' edgy self-centered women, good luck nalang... These women would be the ones who'd play this "game" on a 'hard ball' basis. Everything to them is how they feel.

Exactly c0ngster's point, that's why men shouldnt be sweet wusses.
  • Originally posted by LaTtE`M
    Nah, I don't think it's about the principles.

A-holes don't necessarily have principles, but girls still go for them.

Exactly c0ngster's point, that's why men shouldnt be sweet wusses.

hmmm.... I think I'd rest my case here.
    You can never have your point taken in 'generally' in a forum.

Everything is situational.

To each his own perogative.

To each his own perspective.

whatever rocks your boat honey....;)

Yeah. Gotcha :glee:
  • :rotflmao:

• ok, i didn't actually read the story, was that a story?

anywayz, i really didn't read it word by word but i personally can say,

sensitive men OUT

i'm not a sensitive kind of girl, i become so insensitive at times.

too much sensitivity cracks my nerves. sorry =)