Salad days manga

SkullLeaderSkullLeader For the win! PExer
i've been collecting it since July in the internet, scouring every site that may contain scanlations. finished collecting just last month. the manga is reminiscent of Boys Be as each chapter is (or most of the time) dependent from other chapters story-wise. its a great shoujo (or shonen) manga for romantic freaks out there. (18 volumes in all.)

Comments

• ron_8ron_8 Banned by Admin PExer
    where can we dl the manga, any reliable source? or do u have FTP site? (or can u send?) haha
  • rezan00rezan00 Member PExer
    just read finished reading my Salad Days scans last night. its nice but too short. Have read some Boys Be mangas, they're the same. But if you're after highschool romance mangas, I'd recommend I"s (Iori and Ichitaka) nothing could beat this one.
    just read finished reading my Salad Days scans last night. its nice but too short. Have read some Boys Be mangas, they're the same. But if you're after highschool romance mangas, I'd recommend I"s (Iori and Ichitaka) nothing could beat this one.
  • SkullLeaderSkullLeader For the win! PExer
    I"s is good but it kinda grows on you after you read it for 3 years. its kinda romantic if you're experiencing unrequitted love or you have a crush that cares nothing for you. otherwise, it'll be just a something-kinda lewd manga.

btw, salad days is a pretty long series. 18 volumes in total.
    be just a something-kinda lewd manga.

HAHAHA~! You're right there! But Masakazu's art is so amazing you cant help but stare. Reminds me of Golden Boy or Iketeru Futari: lewd and funny. But I"s is lewd and romantic, like Video Girl Ai.

But Salad Days is similar to some mild mangas like Boys Be and Marmalade Boy. Some stories are downright romantic and some are wacky.

Any other mangas of the same vein?
  • SkullLeaderSkullLeader For the win! PExer
    Maison Ikkoku may be in the same vein. although its story is linear and not chopped up like salad days, the romantic element and the "tragedy" factor makes for those great tear-jerking moments. but hey, i've only read some snippets of the manga so don't take my word for it. i'm scavenging the net for scanlations but to no avail. its an old work by ranma-creator takahashi so don't expect any less.
    I have a copy of the whole Maison Ikkoku manga (scanlation), took me a whole weekend to read it. I also have Ranma, another long series. Something similar is Marmalade boy, pretty nice manga in its own way.

Right now Im looking for the Boys Be manga and Chobits. mahirap kasing makahanap!
  • LesLes Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    You'll have difficulty looking for scanslations (scans + translations) if you rely on HTTP. You'll have to use IRC if you want to download reliably. Join the server irc.highway.net and join the channel #mangaproject, you can find most releases there. For more specific downloading, you have to join the channel of the manga group who did the series. I'm on dialup but I have 32 Gb of manga.

SkullLeader: I think Salad Days is a pinoy project
    Rezan: Only mangaproject is working on Boys Be and they've only released 5 chapters. Around 3 groups worked on Chobits but it was never finished (dropped due to licensing). Scanslations are only available up to volume 7 chapter 75.

Incidentally if anyone liked I''s they should try Ichigo 100% and Pretty Face by Akatsuki-Manga.

N.B: http://dailymanga.fr.st lists daily releases of manga. Extremely useful

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file