FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

"Philippine" athletic gear

neuezielneueziel Zion Rhino PExer
I've seen several athletic gear from different countries such as football and basketball jerseys even jackets being sold in retail, however I couldn't find some shirts/ jackets/ jerseys with the Philippines on it. Why? does accel and adidas think that the market is low or is it just prohibited by the governing bodies for sports??

Comments

• AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by neueziel
    I've seen several athletic gear from different countries such as football and basketball jerseys even jackets being sold in retail, however I couldn't find some shirts/ jackets/ jerseys with the Philippines on it. Why? does accel and adidas think that the market is low or is it just prohibited by the governing bodies for sports??
    Whenever one wishes to put the word "Philippines" or the national flag on one's athletic uniform, he has to seek permission and clearance from either the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC), the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) or the national sports association (NSA) concerned.
  • viemannviemann Member PExer
    Now that's stupid. Why the hell should I be disallowed from putting my own country's name in my shirt?

And by the way, if I'm ever gonna put one, i'll use "Pilipinas".
  • neuezielneueziel Zion Rhino PExer
    Yeah, astig yung nasa SEA games jerseys last year. Mas may dating talaga yung Pilipinas instead of Philippines.

Sayang pala. I mean, lalo na ngayon na sa atin gagawin ang next sea games. Mas ok sana if they were sold and we could express our support more. Pero kung ganito pala.......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file