FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

RAW or SMACKDOWN!

Guys, I just want to get your opinion, which is the better show Raw or Smackdown! ?

Comments

• posse08posse08 loyal green archer PExer
    Both are great shows. But I like Raw better. Maybe you should make a poll or something.
  • ateneo10ateneo10 buying Magic cards PM me PExer
    Originally posted by seargent t
    Guys, I just want to get your opinion, which is the better show Raw or Smackdown! ?

opinion ko: RAW

bigger stars (well, goldberg moved to smackdown, right? but still... more big stars are on raw)

hotter babes (sable is the only good thing that happened on smackdown, and she ain't a regular of late.)

"better gm" - kahit na ba scripted, i like eric b better. mas.... mas magaling siyang umarte!
  • Steadily GreenSteadily Green Member PExer
    Right now, I think Smackdown is the better show compared to Raw in terms of storylines, matches, and character appeal to the crowd. It helps that Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, even Paul Heyman are all at the top of their game in the several criterias I have mentioned.

Raw was a good show going into the Survivor Series, but after that, it all went downhill. What keeps me glued to Raw right now are Chris Jerico, Christian, Rob Van Dam and Randy Orton who I feel are the ones who consistently work their butts off. Lame storylines, lamer matches, no wonder the show needed Cris Benoit. The most frustrating thing about this is that we all know the Raw roster can do so much better.

Maybe its just a period Raw is experiencing. Hopefully things will turn for the better after Wrestlemania. Man, I wish they'd give Y2J the push he deserves and give him a shot at the World Title.
  • ZanarkandZanarkand BANO Season 3 Champion PExer
    Smackdown is a better show. They have younger talent and better storylines. Plus, the thing I like about Smackdown is the top wrestlers have a credible chance to win the wwe title. What do I mean? Triple H is so unbeatable that the other wrestlers at RAW have no credibility, no chance at beating him. If the main event in a pay-per-view is HHH vs. Kane or Jericho for example, who would win? Obvious na HHH. Ganun kapangit ang pagka-package sa iba, parang class S na halimaw si HHH, un iba class B. The only credible challenger kay HHH is Goldberg. Sa Smackdown naman, you could argue that Angle, Lesnar, Undertaker, Cena have enough credibility that you know they can beat the champion.
  • SaitouHajimeSaitouHajime Member PExer
    Smackdown! is obviously the superior brand. RAW has to steal talent from them just to make their product remotely tolerable.
  • coydeleoncoydeleon Gatecrasher PExer
    I like RAW better coz of the entertaining botchfests. :D

COME BACK GAIL KIM!
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Fighting Games Scrub PExer
    Mas gusto ko sunday night heat o kaya velocity.
    Originally posted by SaitouHajime
    RAW has to steal talent from them just to make their product remotely tolerable.

steal talent?

haha...

akala mo ba hindi yun trade lang?

hehe...

eto naman o...
  • thehitmanthehitman The best there is PExer
    I like Raw better.

:cool:
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    Smackdown! used to be, now they're just equal. I think they went downhill when they turned Cena face (and turning his raps into cheap pop absorbers), shipping Benoit and Mattitude to RAW, Hardcore Holly's MEGA PUSH instead of deserving ones like Tajiri & Ultimo, breaking up Chavo and Eddie (although it was good to some extent since Eddie turned champion), and the GOOD LORD -- Stephanie/Vince/Sable feud.

sheep.jpg
    Originally posted by Zanarkand
    Smackdown is a better show. They have younger talent and better storylines. Plus, the thing I like about Smackdown is the top wrestlers have a credible chance to win the wwe title. What do I mean? Triple H is so unbeatable that the other wrestlers at RAW have no credibility, no chance at beating him. If the main event in a pay-per-view is HHH vs. Kane or Jericho for example, who would win? Obvious na HHH. Ganun kapangit ang pagka-package sa iba, parang class S na halimaw si HHH, un iba class B. The only credible challenger kay HHH is Goldberg. Sa Smackdown naman, you could argue that Angle, Lesnar, Undertaker, Cena have enough credibility that you know they can beat the champion.

oo nga naman... bakit ka manonood ng alam mo na kung sino mananalo?

pero, kung ganun ka taas ang level of play sa raw, kahit na sobrang disparate, ok lang dapat.

parang alam ko naman na mananalo ang lakers nung una silang nag harap ng new jersey sa nba finals.

i would certainly watch that more than the pba, even if the pba had a seventh game in a title series. i'd get treated to the biggest game of kmart's life pa...
    Originally posted by Pandaemonaeon
    Smackdown! used to be, now they're just equal. I think they went downhill when they turned Cena face (and turning his raps into cheap pop absorbers), shipping Benoit and Mattitude to RAW, Hardcore Holly's MEGA PUSH instead of deserving ones like Tajiri & Ultimo, breaking up Chavo and Eddie (although it was good to some extent since Eddie turned champion), and the GOOD LORD -- Stephanie/Vince/Sable feud.

sheep.jpg

ang problema kina ultimo, tajiri, ray mysterio, sila-sila lang ang andyan... si hardcore, ang daming puedeng i-setup against in terms of story line... ergo, mas practical na si hardcore ang i-hype up. lalo na kung they were thinking all along to ship out benoit, who is of the same build as holly.

ok sana kung makuha ng wwe ang x-division members ng nwa tna. may talent ding lumipad yung iba dun...puedeng i set up vs ray mysterio et al.

cena's rap-athons are only a testament of how low the talent level of smackdown is... they'd rather show cena rapping his white can off than set up a match!

pano ba naman... a-train? rhyno? man! although those two big lugs morgan and what's-his-face look to have a lotta potential... and bumalik na si taker right? si the rock ba sa kanila? si goldberg shipped to smackdown, right?

so sa tingnin ko kokonti na yang performances ni cena... ang hindi ko matiis yung cena vs bigshow rap-off! pare, iba yun!

finally, to finish off, i think eddie sucks. mas ok pag tagteam para may variations ang lie-cheat-steal.
  • katcavekatcave Member PExer
    I dont realy like raw or smackdown what I realy like are the PPV s bec. they show interviews & sometimes even matches! take wrestlemania for example. they will show goldberg vs brock lesnar and in the royal rumble they show raw superstars vs smackdown superstars.
    Originally posted by ateneo10
    steal talent?

haha...

akala mo ba hindi yun trade lang?

hehe...

eto naman o...

What "trade"? Who did Smackdown! get for shipping The Rock, Matt Hardy, and Chris Benoit to RAW?
  • 51558055155805 Member PExer
    raw bcoz of the more supersstars it has.
    From PWInsider.com:

Edge confirmed to return as a Raw superstar.

"According to many sources within the WWE locker room it appears as if the company is going to bring Edge back as a Raw superstar. This raises a lot of questions, as the SmackDown brand had been fighting for him in order to fill the gap with the recent losses of Chris Benoit and now Brock Lesnar. However, according to some very credible sources he will be wrestling on Monday nights.

Edge is still rehabilitating from his neck surgery that has kept him out of action for over a year and continues to nurse an aggravating foot injury that he sustained while wrestling in OVW. Nevertheless he is expected to be back in the ring sometime in April."

Uh-huh... betcha Smackdown! isn't going to get a replacement for Edge, just like for their other talent that was sent to RAW. And all THIS just so that Nipple H can have another talent to bury, while Smackdown! goes down the crapper. :rolleyes:
  • gokougokou Saiyajin Archer PExer
    ang problema kina ultimo, tajiri, ray mysterio, sila-sila lang ang andyan... si hardcore, ang daming puedeng i-setup against in terms of story line... ergo, mas practical na si hardcore ang i-hype up. lalo na kung they were thinking all along to ship out benoit, who is of the same build as holly.

ok sana kung makuha ng wwe ang x-division members ng nwa tna. may talent ding lumipad yung iba dun...puedeng i set up vs ray mysterio et al.

cena's rap-athons are only a testament of how low the talent level of smackdown is... they'd rather show cena rapping his white can off than set up a match!

pano ba naman... a-train? rhyno? man! although those two big lugs morgan and what's-his-face look to have a lotta potential... and bumalik na si taker right? si the rock ba sa kanila? si goldberg shipped to smackdown, right?

so sa tingnin ko kokonti na yang performances ni cena... ang hindi ko matiis yung cena vs bigshow rap-off! pare, iba yun!

finally, to finish off, i think eddie sucks. mas ok pag tagteam para may variations ang lie-cheat-steal.

>> You can set up Hardcore Holly with just about anybody on the SmackDown roster but there's a teeny problem. HE ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! He has no talent, no charisma and look at the man for crying out loud! Mukha siyang karpintero which i wouldn't mind if he had wrestling ability to make up for it but no. He is Mr Lackluster, look at his finisher, THE ALABAMA SLAM! It's a glorified spinebuster. Loot at his moveset! Dropkicks and full nelsons! He's living in the 80s! Hardcore brings nothing to the table! fire his ***!

>> That's a nice suggestion to bring in X-Division wrestlers but the WWE already has a talented pack of Cruiserweights. The only problem is they've been condemned to Velocity hell. Rey, Tajiri and Noble are the only guys who make it to SmackDown! LEt Kidman, Ultimo, Paul London or Akio shine and see how much their talent has been wasted.

>> I don't like John Cena as a face either. He has lost his "angas" Now he's just a cocky white boy who doesn't seem like a threat at all. His raps have been toned down by the FCC and it's sad because they used to be entertaining as hell.

>> A-train and Rhyno have talent. I think they would make a good tag team. Matt Morgan... ugh. Taker isn't back yet. Rock is on Raw and Goldberg is leaving the company.

>> Eddie does not suck at all. He is more talented and entertaining than half of the RAW roster.
  • Steadily GreenSteadily Green Member PExer
    There's more bad news for Smackdown!:

Brock Lesnar to leave WWE
    Credit: PWInsider

As we reported earlier today, Brock Lesnar announced yesterday that his last date for WWE would be at WrestleMania. We have more information on the story and this is definitely one of those situations where truth is stranger than fiction.

Brock Lesnar stood up in front of the Smackdown crew yesterday at the pre-show talent meeting and announced that he was leaving WWE after WrestleMania to pursue a career in the National Football League.

Lesnar, who recently signed a 7-year deal with the WWE, told Vince McMahon of his decision last Tuesday at Smackdown, a meeting we reported on earlier this week. As we said in that story, this situation started coming to a head when Lesnar, who has become burnt out by WWE’s travel schedule (and reportedly also by his recent push down the card from main event status) for some time, was then sent to work on the big South Africa tour but was “only” put into matches with Hardcore Holly instead of higher profile bouts. He met with Vince McMahon last week at Smackdown and voiced his concerns and informed him at that time that he was going to leave WWE.

Lesnar, has also reportedly been upset that he was going to have to put over the Undertaker’s Dead Man character after Mania, and be in a feud with a guy who, by the nature of his character, doesn’t sell for his opponent. This all led up to yesterday’s announcement.

From what our sources have told us, Lesnar informed everyone at the meeting that he was miserable in the business. He said that it was not any reflection on the business per se, but he just couldn't find happiness in the industry any more.

He publicly thanked Vince McMahon, Jim Ross and Gerry Brisco "for finding me in college," and thanked Big Show and Paul Heyman for all their help with his career. He told the crew he wouldn't be back and he was said to be very emotional and wished everyone well.

The announcement was met with mixed reactions from the people in the company that I spoke with. Some felt that it opened up opportunities for the talent. Others, who had been critical of Brock’s “elitist” behavior of late and felt that he hadn’t earned his stripes, let alone deserved to be upset about not being pushed as a main-eventer, told me that now they can understand that he may have been that way because he was unhappy.

No matter how you look at it, WWE is losing one of their top wrestlers, at least for now. I never say never in the business, but at this point in time Lesnar is completely serious about leaving wrestling.
  • coydeleoncoydeleon Gatecrasher PExer

1. Oh dear lord. Have you heard of the Mcmahon Theory? Vince only likes big guys and wants to limit what the cruiserweights can do to prevent injury and not outshine the heavyweights (much like what happened in WCW, you gotta love those Mexicans). As for Hardcore, he's stiff(meaning he hurts people in matches) and is boring, and the whole "Hardcore" gimmick never took off anyway, he's just bigger that's why McMahon pushed him.

2. NONE of the X-Division wrestlers are close to the talents of Paul London, Ultimo Dragon, Spanky, Tajiri and Rey Mysterio. They can fly but most of them only know spotfest wrestling, no flow, no psychology, bara-bara lang.

3. Cena's Rap is quite entertaining, but really whether you like it or not is a matter of opinion. However to say that the talent level in Smackdow! is low is really crazy. Eddie, Angle, Benoit and Brock are known as the Smackdown! elite, the very best wrestlers in the WWE, unfortunately the only wrestlers that have elite status in RAW is Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, HHH (all three are declining) and well, that's it. It was only until Benoit jumped shipped that the talent to balance. However the rising stars of both still puts Smackdown ahead. Why? Cena is a lot better than Randy Orton in the ring and out, Cena has shown he has the ability to work a match with the right psychology (even before it was encouraged), Orton is still rough at the edges and limited moveset compared to Cena.

4. Albert and Big Show are actually quite good. But in RAW the only decent big man is Kane, and its even debatable if his the best of those mentioned. Rhyno is actually decent, him, Ultimo, London, Spanky (before he left) and Kanyon are so underrated that they might even be more talented than half the roster at RAW.

5. No comment about the rap-off, medyo opinion lang talaga iiral dyan.

6. This may have killed your credibility, Eddie does not suck, like I said earlier, he is one of the Smackdown! elite, and may perhaps be the best next only to Beniot and Angle.
  • Eugene HikaruEugene Hikaru THE GAME! PExer
    The WWE is sadly only known for big man wrestling and not a good home for small but high fliers. Don't hold your breaths waiting for a separate cruiserweight show. I think Mcmahon would rather have big lugs like A-Train, Morgan or Mar Henry to hog air time rather than the small ones.

Yo a10! Nakiki-wrestling ka rin pala. Eddie doesn't suck, I'm afraid....BUT, he needed to be built up in a painful, hard way to become a top star. Kudos to Eddie, all the past stupid, ****** angles that was given to him (remember that Chyna-Eddie soap opera? Or how about him being an extra guy for the Radicals), what more can I say? He gave life and spice to those angles. The Lie, Cheat and Steal angle would not be as entertaining without Eddie doing it.

Plus, it was also a good story going to his first title. A man who went through a lot to be on his spot. Astig siya actually. He's not like a lot of RAW wrestlers who are one-dimensional.

He worked his @ss for it, and if you've been following his WWE career, you could say that he deserved that spot. Siguro dati, he wasn't credible enough to be champ. But now?....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file