Home PEx Campus De La Salle University

DLSU's MBA entrance exam

pls comment on dlsu's mba entrance exam:rolleyes:

nahirapan ako. :(

Comments

• Dont worry you would still have a high chance of getting "passed" in that exam

... knowing DLSU.

Blue *owl* ---> the King!
  • DLSU's MBA is one of the country's best mba programs.
    Strict ang admission policy nila, especially in Professional Schools located in rcbc, makati. Its Admission Test would be easy for you if you're good in essay writing. The analystical part was easy. yan ang sabi ng tropa ko who took test in dlsu.
    if you want an easier test and an easy-earned diploma go to agsb.
  • Originally posted by im_atheneo
    Dont worry you would still have a high chance of getting "passed" in that exam

... knowing DLSU.

ahahahaha, taga Ateneo-MBA. ahihihih
  • Gee. A logical quirk.
  • They say that's the easiest was the written test. pero yung interview and essay was really tough.

I heard there are some who passed the written test but didn't got in because if hard one on one interview.

DLSU-Professional School wants to get the best mba-ers in the country.
  • those who want more challenge, go to UP CBA.
  • Originally posted by saybernuk
    They say that's the easiest was the written test. pero yung interview and essay was really tough.

I heard there are some who passed the written test but didn't got in because if hard one on one interview.

DLSU-Professional School wants to get the best mba-ers in the country.

i thought lasale's a COE in English Studies?
    hmmm...baka naman you're from Engineering.

on topic:
    a batchmate reluctantly applied to DLSU-rcbc. she was asked to submit the requirements before the entrance test. nung nakita na ATENEO ang undergrad n'ya, she was told that she doesn;t need to take the entrance test, parang formality lang daw or something. diretso interview.

but after spending a term, hindi na sya nag-enrol ulit, puro secretary, accounting clerks, call center agents ang classmates niya. the average age in dlsu mba is 24. There are some who are fresh out from college.
    :)
  • Originally posted by juantwothree123

on topic:
    a batchmate reluctantly applied to DLSU-rcbc. she was asked to submit the requirements before the entrance test. nung nakita na ATENEO ang undergrad n'ya, she was told that she doesn;t need to take the entrance test, parang formality lang daw or something. diretso interview.

but after spending a term, hindi na sya nag-enrol ulit, puro secretary, accounting clerks, call center agents ang classmates niya. the average age in dlsu mba is 24. There are some who are fresh out from college.

You must have suffered that old-age related disease, acute dyslexia lately that you’ve swapped Ateneo’s open-to-the-public special treatment cases for UP graduates with La Salle’s. At least, La Salle has a business school with a surging reputation that have already crossed countries and continents.

For your information, apart from UP and AIM, its De La Salle who enjoys sterling reputation in the UK specially when it comes to business studies.
  • You must have suffered that old-age related disease, acute dyslexia lately that you’ve swapped Ateneo’s open-to-the-public special treatment cases for UP graduates with La Salle’s. At least, La Salle has a business school with a surging reputation that have already crossed countries and continents. . [/B][/QUOTE]

Did i say that Ateneo is better than dlsu's mba?
    Originally posted by massive08

For your information, apart from UP and AIM, its De La Salle who enjoys sterling reputation in the UK specially when it comes to business studies.

oh ok. I/AME, AMA, Thames, Informatics and that school endorsed by Kristine Hermosa also enjoy "sterling" reputation in the UK. :)
  • I took the test last Saturday at the Taft campus. I must say that the test was pretty difficult especially the Quantitative and Mathematical tests... I so suck at numbers!!! But the Business Judgement part was surprisingly easy.

I'm kinda nervous now coz I've been through a lot of trouble just completing the application requirements (e.g. going back and forth to my Alma Mater just to get the freaking transcript of grades which took 2 weeks to be finished!). And I do not know how my parents would react if I fail the test, because they know kids of some of their officemates who are now taking MBA and my parents kinda have the impression that I have an above average IQ.
  • The MBA entrance exam results are out but the admissions officer told me that mine is still "FOR EVALUATION"? What does that mean? Am I waitlisted?
  • Originally posted by im_atheneo

atenista ka pala.... di naman eagle yan kungdi OWL eh...
  • how much will it cost me pag nag MBA ako sa DLSU?
  • Originally posted by EcKo_01
    how much will it cost me pag nag MBA ako sa DLSU?

Roughly PhP18,000 for your first trimester.
  • What do they usually ask in the interview?
  • Originally posted by juantwothree123
    i thought lasale's a COE in English Studies?
    hmmm...baka naman you're from Engineering.

on topic:

Obviously "juantwothree" is another envious Atenean hallucinating.

One of the DLSU-MBA requirements for every applicant of course is HAVING A SATISFACTORY WRITTEN ADMISSION EXAM RESULT. No exceptions. Just "passing it" just like what they do in Ateneo-MBA - is simply not enough when you try to enter DLSU-MBA.

That is the La Salle way.

That is why DLSU-Manila is acknowledged by all surveys and rankings as the BEST PRIVATE UNIVERSITY IN THE PHILIPPINES.

Maybe Ateneo MBA which everyone knows is far easier than La Salle's MBA, waives its entrance exams for certain applicants. No wonder.

"some fresh out of college" - as Atenean "juantwothree" claims?

How can that be hallucinating Atenean "juantwothree"? One of DLSU-MBA's MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS of course is that the MBA applicant should have at least THREE YEARS RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE.

Ateneo-MBA of course requires NO WORK EXPERIENCE. No wonder Atenean "juantwothree" likes it better there. Mas madali kasi. Everyone knows that.

From http://www.psi.dlsu.edu.ph/gsb/admissions.asp

De La Salle University Manila Graduate School of Business

Admissions Information

Admission to the GSB's MBA, MS in Computational Finance, and DBA programs is on a selective basis. While no preference is given to a specific academic background, good performance in college is essential. Units earned in other graduate schools of business may be credited in special cases. Dates for formal application to the trimestral program and admission tests are announced periodically in leading daily newspapers and on our home page. Inquiry on the admission test may be made at the GSB office. College transcript of records, letters of reference and identification pictures are required upon application.

Admission Criteria

Applicants to the GSB's degree programs are required to have:

1. a bachelor's degree for the MBA and MS in Computational Finance programs, a master's degree for the DBA program;
    2. satisfactory admission test scores;
    3. satisfactory interview and essay results
    4. at least three years of work experience for the MBA and MS in Computational Finance programs, and five years for the DBA Program.

The Admissions Committee

The Admissions Committee, after careful assessment of the admission test results, the credentials of the applicants, and the interview results, makes the final decision on admissions.

The Qualifying Interview

All applicants who pass the admission and essay tests will be personally assessed during the qualifying interview based on:

1. significance of work experience
    2. eadership qualities
    3. motivation in pursuing graduate studies
    4. seriousness of purpose and sense of determination
    5. overall life objectives
    6. proficiency in oral and written communication
  • I think I bungled up in my interview (with a certain Mr. Tan). I mistakenly said that 70% of the Philippine population are poor! He corrected me and told me something like I should be careful with my statistics. Do you think I will fail? ohh nooo... I WANNA TAKE UP MY MBA AT LA SALLE!
  • any review schools for DLSU GBS entrance exam?

any tips? for the ones who passed? like for the interview, ideal person to ask for a recommendation, things to focus on?

im planning to take up MBA at DLSU but im scared
  • Wouldn’t it be possible to have a bash-free topic in this thread?

Ok, I am interested in taking up MBA at DLSU. In fact, I am planning to take the test next month. Any tips?

I just can’t comprehend a post reiterating that an Atenean has quit the program after knowing that most of his classmates are secretary, accounting clerks, call center agents. I mean, I completely missed the point, can anybody help? :rolleyes:
  • oliverwood21,

this is not to say that i agree with juantwothree's post in its entirety, because i don't.

that said, however, there is some validity in knowing what kind of students are attracted to a particular mba program. this is because mba studies are not only professor-oriented but student group-oriented as well. classes invariably involve group presentations. class discussions also weave together the combined experiences of the students making up the class.

that is the reason why there are working experience requirements and age requirements in most of the mba programs. of course, having 8 years of experiences as a messenger, for example, will not necessarily make one a prime candidate for mba studies. so there is also some point in trying to know what types of occupations the mba students of particular schools have. you will learn a lot more about management from a classmate who's already a manager or entrepreneur than from someone who is still in an entry-level position.

of course, that's my personal opinion -- one which may not be shared by others.

re the dlsu mba program, i don't know enough about it to hazard a comment. i would advise you instead just to look at the school's web site and talk to its administrators to find out more info.