Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Do you agree that we should continue the Jose Pidal investigations? O tama na?

booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
It seems that Sen. Serge Osmena is determined to push forward with the investigation (to help Lacson?).

Si Lacson naman mukhang gusto rin niyang gawing isyu ito sa halalan. Sisipain raw niya ang lahat ng mga kamaganak ni Jose Pidal. :lol:

Dapat pa bang ituloy ang imbestigasyon dito or should we respect candidate Iggy Arroyo's "right to privacy" para matigil na ito?

Do you believe Blue Ribbon Chairman Joker Arroyo is doing the right thing? O puro coverup lang ang nasa utak nito?

Comments please.
RUDY ROMERO
Serge won’t let go of Pidal issue

Friday, 02 27, 2004

The chairman of the Senate committee on banks and financial institutions is someone whom I have known for decades. I was a part of the hardy band of SO (Sergio Osmeña) loyalists who supported his father's 1969 candidacy against a reelectionist Ferdinand Marcos, and in 1992 Sergio Osmeña III and I were again united in the 1992 candidacy of Fidel Ramos.

Because of my long association with him, I can say that Serge Osmeña is, like his late father, courageous, industrious and determined. He is an adversary of Malacañang; he doesn't like Gloria and Miguel Arroyo. He is appalled by the corruption in Gloria Arroyo's administration.

In contrast, the chairman of the Senate committee on investigations and accountability of public officers (better known as the blue ribbon committee), whom the publisher of this newspaper deliciously refers to as the Honorable ****, is an ally of Malacañang.

Joker Arroyo denies to high heavens, and becomes extremely indignant, when it is suggested that he is one of the Arroyo couple's men in the Senate, but very few knowledgeable people are impressed by the denials. How else to explain his unyielding “Show me the hard evidence first” stance in the face of evidence and testimony strongly suggesting wrongdoing on the part of the person who signed himself as Jose Pidal? Sen. Joker Arroyo hastily brought the blue ribbon inquiry to an end.

Since the nation could not expect any punitive, even corrective, action on the Jose Pidal case from the blue ribbon committee as long as Ninez Olivares's HS is its chairman, Serge Osmeña decided to perform the chore of trying to get to the bottom of the matter. Joker Arroyo protested that something like the Jose Pidal case was properly the subject of a blue ribbon committee inquiry. Serge Osmeña countered that, the Jose Pidal case being a banking matter, a committee on banks inquiry was entirely appropriate.

At the inquiry conducted jointly by Serge Osmeña's committee and Sen. Edgardo Angara's committee on revision of laws in the aftermath of the blue ribbon committee's abbreviated proceedings, Jose Miguel Arroyo's brother Ignacio (Iggy), who previously claimed ownership of the Jose Pidal deposits and freely supplied television anchor Arnold Clavio with specimens of his Jose Pidal signature, was far less forthcoming.

He invoked a “right to privacy” and refused to answer questions about the Jose Pidal deposits and declined to give specimens of his Jose Pidal signature.

In the face of all these circumstances and developments, Joker Arroyo has been unmoved and unyielding. Ignacio Arroyo is not a government official and is therefore entitled to invoke a “right to privacy,” Cory Aquino's first executive secretary maintained. In so holding, Joker Arroyo conveniently ignored (1) that Iggy is the brother of the presidential consort, who took all of two weeks to come forward and declare that the Jose Pidal of the bank deposits was his brother Ignacio and (2) that Jose Miguel Arroyo had at first a feigned ignorance of the existence of a Pidal ancestry.

Serge Osmeña is convinced that his colleague Joker is engaging in chicanery and is doing his darndest to protect the skins of the Arroyo brothers and, that of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. He intends, with the members of his committee, to get to the bottom of a scandal which has the potential to completely destroy whatever credibility GMA's administration still enjoys.

At the recent committee on banks inquiry, which was snubbed by Iggy Arroyo/Pidal, Serge Osmeña displayed, for all to see clearly, blow-ups of two signatures beside one another. One signature was the “Jose Pidal” appearing in the returned bank checks, the other was “Jose Pidal” as signed by Iggy Ignacio on Arnold's Clavio's GMA-7 show. Quips Serge Osmeña: “Even my five-year-old daughter can see that the two signatures are very dissimilar.”

My dear friend Serge Osmeña has the bite between his teeth, as they say in horse racing circles, and he doesn't intend to let it go. He fully intends to drag out his committee's inquiry right up to Election Day. Jose Pidal (the senator frequently slips into Jose Macapidal) and his relatives and protectors had better prepare for the worst.

Comments

• eh kung puro copy of a xerox copy ang ebidensya na ping, walang patutunguhan yon. Mahina yata yong mga power point nya. Saan na ba ang mga original noon, Sabi niya nasa vault daw.

Ibalik si Pidal kasi maraming bored na.
    :D
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    eh kung puro copy of a xerox copy ang ebidensya na ping, walang patutunguhan yon. Mahina yata yong mga power point nya. Saan na ba ang mga original noon, Sabi niya nasa vault daw.

Ibalik si Pidal kasi maraming bored na.

kalahati raw ng ebidensiya ni ping ay xeroxed, and the other half naman are "originals".

pero ang labo talaga ni joker. sabi niya bawal raw ang xeroxed copies sa PIDAL case pero pinayagan naman niya ang pag submit ng xeroxed or authenticated copies para sa FRAPORT PIATCO investigations.

ANO BA TALAGA, KUYA? *scratch head*
  • tsk.. tskk.. leche... okay ka rin hehehe. pag kalaban ni erap, bawal xerox, bawal imbestigasyon, pag kakampi ni erap, kahit tissue paper, pwede. nyahahaha! eto ang hustisya ngayon sa piling ng mga taga edsa. tsk..tsk..

si joker arroyo, the senile senator? may credibility ba itong paurong ang pagtanda? nyahahha!

halatang halata na ang pagsisinungaling. kung iba ang nasa pwesto, isang linggo pa lang, meron ng liwanag ang kaso ni jose pidal. e eto kay erap, matatapos ang ninakaw na termino ni mrs pidal, bokya pa rin sila. ahhh that's justice pala sa edsa.

si nani perez, halos ihampas na sa mukha ang ebidensiya, e di matuloy tuloy ang imbestigasyon ng swiss authority.

kaya dapat lang na palitan si gma, pala malaman ang buong katotohanan at maparusahan ang tunay na nagkasala. reclusion perpetua para kay mr. and mrs. jose pidal kasama si nani perez at vicky toh!!!nyahahhaha!

gawan mo ng pelikula, fpj. nyahahha! ano kayang titulo ng pelikula, "Parisukat na Pag-Ibig sa Piitan" nyahhaha!
  • The investigation should continue. If not Jose Pidal, then Iggy Arroyo should be investigated by the BIR. How can a haciendero, businessman pay only P10,000 in tax/year is absurd. Most employees pay more tax than he does.
  • i say just drop it already.... its wasting a lot of time instead of the real issues that our country needs to be resolved and it is taking up a lot of the tax payers money being used in useless things...

although I agree to have Iggy investigating....

:hiphop:
  • Iggy investigating who?
  • drop it, even if there are signs na may anomalya sa sa pidal case at mas malalim pa ito sa kaso ni erap?

here you would prove kung anong merong hustisya tayo na gustong pairalin, kung anong merong moralidad kuno ang pinaglalaban ang iba sa atin. may mga sacred cows ba sa bansa natin? paano i rerespeto ng taumbayan ang ating mga batas kung meron pinagtatakpan dahil kakampi at lilitisin pag kalaban.

it's time to show us na patas ang ating batas. show the poor at walang pinag aralan a good example. kayong mga priviliged sa buhay dapat maging magandang ehemplo sa bansa kaso kayo pa mismo ang number one na sumisira sa ating bansa. kaming mga mahihirap e walang lakas kundi ang boto namin na inyong ninanakaw madalas.

hanggat kayo ay hindi nagababago, you dont have the right na magreklamo kung patuloy pa rin sa pagboto ng sikat ang mga mahihirap. pero hindi lahat ng sikat nanalo. tingnan mo si winnie monsod, si dong puno (but i really admire this man). may "karakter" din na hinahanap ang mga botante kahit sikat ka.
  • By all means continue if Lacson has proof enough.
    By all means continue if Lacson has proof enough.

but is it good enough for Joker Arroyo?

bawal raw ang xeroxed or authenticated copies eh.
  • Whatever happened to the investigation on the Oakwood incident??
  • Originally posted by m946281
    Iggy investigating who?

sorry for the typo... it should have read as IGGY INVESTIGATED.....

:hiphop:
  • thehitmanthehitman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I doubt if Lacson has the time to produce his original photocopied evidence :glee: given that he's too busy in his campaign sorties.

:cool:
  • YES! :rocker:
  • Wasn't the investigation about laundered campaign funds?

Lacson is now busy accumulating campaign funds. He's got no Vice-President and only one senator. He sees a trick to turn the tables against him. :D
  • Yes, the Jose Pidal issue is about campaign contributions that were stored into a bogus account. And the bogus account was perfectly legal during the time it was opened.

I'm not actually sure if there was even a crime committed since obviously, this money did not come from the government coffers. Hence, this is not the people's money but private money.

I think mas ok pang imbestigahan si Iggy Arroyo - kung bakit P10,000 lang ang ibinayad niyang tax.

And I won't be surprised if Roco and Lacson also have their own Jose Pidal accounts since they received tons of money from their past campaigns and also from this present electoral campaign.

So I say, just drop it.

....And this coming from a Lacson supporter.
    Wasn't the investigation about laundered campaign funds?

Lacson is now busy accumulating campaign funds. He's got no Vice-President and only one senator. He sees a trick to turn the tables against him.

I think lacson made a mistake when he included the legit campaign contributions of GMA (solicited during campaign season) during her run for VP. Sa pagkakaintindi ko, he only included that para malaman ng tao ang lahat ng laman sa pidal accounts (legit and illegit). But it wasn't necessary because the legit money were only a small part of the large pidal account. The illegal and corrupt money form a MUCH BIGGER PART of pidal's money.

remember, hindi lang yan ang laman ng pidal accounts. I don't know about you krak, but big money contributions being funnelled to a dummy corporation (lualhati foundation) during her first 2.5 year as VP and her first 2 year as persident... well, i don't consider that "campaign contributions" anymore. Iba na ang tawag diyan eh.

It's called a BRIBE.

Erap went down because of it (remember erap's muslim youth foundation?) and so should GMA.

Remember the IMPSA money $12 million bribe? Napunta rin sa pidal accounts yon. Nani perez got $2 million of it. Sa tingin mo magkano ang nakuha ng amo niya.

Yung PCSO money ni efraim genuino, na hindi ma-report ng PROBE team sa simula dahil sa pressure sa malacanang, napupunta rin sa pidal accounts. Sample pa lang yan.
  • I say continue the probe into Mike, Iggy, GMA, Nani...

...and Rick Manapat (just as serious a case) for symmetry.
  • lacroixlacroix PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Dapat kung sinong nag umpisa, dapat siyang mag tapos. Wag na yong pabitin bitin pa at puro mga BS powerpoint and copies of photocopies.

...ituloy ang imbestigasyon....
  • Originally posted by booksale
    I think lacson made a mistake when he included the legit campaign contributions of GMA (solicited during campaign season) during her run for VP. Sa pagkakaintindi ko, he only included that para malaman ng tao ang lahat ng laman sa pidal accounts (legit and illegit). But it wasn't necessary because the legit money were only a small part of the large pidal account. The illegal and corrupt money form a MUCH BIGGER PART of pidal's money.

remember, hindi lang yan ang laman ng pidal accounts. I don't know about you krak, but big money contributions being funnelled to a dummy corporation (lualhati foundation) during her first 2.5 year as VP and her first 2 year as persident... well, i don't consider that "campaign contributions" anymore. Iba na ang tawag diyan eh.

It's called a BRIBE.

Erap went down because of it (remember erap's muslim youth foundation?) and so should GMA.

Remember the IMPSA money $12 million bribe? Napunta rin sa pidal accounts yon. Nani perez got $2 million of it. Sa tingin mo magkano ang nakuha ng amo niya.

Yung PCSO money ni efraim genuino, na hindi ma-report ng PROBE team sa simula dahil sa pressure sa malacanang, napupunta rin sa pidal accounts. Sample pa lang yan.

But weren't the Jose Pidal accounts CLOSED even before GMA became President?

How can it contain the alleged IMPSA and PCSO bribes which exploded AFTER she became President?

So hindi ba legit campaign contributions lang talaga ang laman ng Jose Pidal accounts?

Where is the crime?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file