Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Anito becomes Status

Did anyone see the segment on "Special Assignment", on topic was reinventing the Anito chain of motels.

anito owner (King) becomes a born again christian and surrenders his pot of gold (short time check in packages) in favor of a 6 hour minimum stay exclusively for legally married couples.
upon check in, the couple should walk up to the counter to present a marriage contract or in it's absence identical wedding bands and/or ID's bearing the same addresses. a "status" membership card will be issued.

inside the rooms, bibles are available.

anito is considered to be the "King" of motels and a lucrative business yet the owner upon submitting himself to his new religion prioritized morality over profit (may politico kyang ganito?). he realized that his business tolerates illicit affairs and he would no longer tolerate such thus the implementation of new check in policies. the employees, even if they lose PHP100/day on their earning, are one with King.

i say! this merits a two thumbs up! :cheers:

Comments

• the good news is, theres always a victoria court near an anito. :D

is there a demand for married couples to check in a cheap motel these days? motels in the philippines are used mainly for sex, i should think married couples can have sex in their homes.

i wonder how long a business can stay open after alienating its clientele.
  • King also owns Victoria Hotel (nee Court). King has relinquished the "motel" business throne to Sogo Hotel.
  • so the anitos and victorias are owned by the same dude. that means more business for the flower group then.
  • PusaichiPusaichi PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Sounds like "Hugas Kamay" to me..... :D

But really a Six thumbs up for that.

But shouldn't it be a per DAY rate in all MOTELS(Motor Hotels) ?

The City or Municipal Gov't should be the one doing the regulations on those Motels being used by couples for a quickie. Negosyo at lagayan yan sa City Hall.... hehehe

Buhay pa ba yung mga hideaways ko sa Sta. Mesa? :D
  • what i know is that Angelo King, the founder of the Anito group have two sons. i think anito and victoria don't belong to the same corporation anymore.

hi c0ngster!
    i don't see anything wrong for married couples rekindling their passion, i think the flame should not die just because of wedlock.
  • Originally posted by Pusaichi
    Sounds like "Hugas Kamay" to me..... :D

But really a Six thumbs up for that.

But shouldn't it be a per DAY rate in all MOTELS(Motor Hotels) ?

The City or Municipal Gov't should be the one doing the regulations on those Motels being used by couples for a quickie. Negosyo at lagayan yan sa City Hall.... hehehe

Buhay pa ba yung mga hideaways ko sa Sta. Mesa? :D

hi pusaichi!
    yikes! you have six thumbs?? i can imagine you go for 4, big toes included but 6??? *patawa lang* ;) peace!

i know in some municipilaties like las pinas and QC short time isn't tolerated.

sta. mesa ba? :D
  • Originally posted by miss_mike
    i don't see anything wrong for married couples rekindling their passion, i think the flame should not die just because of wedlock.]

and i completely agree miss_mike.

but from a business standpoint, its a bad move.
  • PusaichiPusaichi PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Six thumbs up ! --- hehehe, magkapatid kasi yung kasama ko sa Seven Seas dati...niyehehehe! -- bulok yun lugar na yun....puro surot pa ata!

"Wag niyo ako gisingin!" -- masarap managinip!
  • Originally posted by Pusaichi
    Six thumbs up ! --- hehehe, magkapatid kasi yung kasama ko sa Seven Seas dati...niyehehehe! -- bulok yun lugar na yun....puro surot pa ata!

"Wag niyo ako gisingin!" -- masarap managinip!

pusaichi
    i'm lost :confused:

hi c0ngster!
    maybe that's why i don't go for businesses, i'm not a capitalist, i'm more of a friend of the will of the wind :)
  • No wonder I can't find one sign of Anito except when I pass by the establishment itself! And Sogo looks pretty good in the quickie business!

I guess Angelo King is just counting his blessings and needed a major re-alignment in certain morality clauses in business. I say it's more about quality over quantity. :D
  • Paano nako makakapag-quickie? :)

Well, nobody accused religious people as having good business sense. Let's see he count his blessings once the business goes bankrupt.

Maybe it's time to time-share a condo unit. Anyone?:D
  • mukhang magandang business ung wedding chapels near anito tulad sa las vegas
  • If I'm not mistaken, Anito was the motel who obstructed the arrest of a married male who molested a 15 year-old boy in their premises. They held the authorities at bay and instructed the assailant to change rooms. When the operatives got to the supposed room, they were gone. The young man was reportedly sexually-abused again. It's absolutely repulsive on the part of the hotel managers. tsk tsk
  • Guilty conscience.
  • I don't think it's guilty conscience.

He's just getting old. A lot of the old or dying take up religion at the last minute because they need something to hold on to. They find comfort in the idea that they will be going to a better place when they die.
  • Anito has had other names in business. Its M.H. Del Pilar branch was renamed Winners Hotel back during the days of Mayor Lim. An Anito in Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong was disapproved by City Hall and it became Legend Hotel.
  • Originally posted by onwils
    I don't think it's guilty conscience.

He's just getting old. A lot of the old or dying take up religion at the last minute because they need something to hold on to. They find comfort in the idea that they will be going to a better place when they die.

The guy they interviewed didn't look old.
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by miss_mike
    Did anyone see the segment on "Special Assignment", on topic was reinventing the Anito chain of motels.

anito owner (King) becomes a born again christian and surrenders his pot of gold (short time check in packages) in favor of a 6 hour minimum stay exclusively for legally married couples.
    upon check in, the couple should walk up to the counter to present a marriage contract or in it's absence identical wedding bands and/or ID's bearing the same addresses. a "status" membership card will be issued.

:lol: Talk about actions no different from the Nazi's Gestapo. Any chance they have a warrant issued by the court to check if couples checking in are married or not? Why not just kill the privacy of citizens and find out the brand, make, material, and color of the couple's underwear as well just to see kung sumasabay sila sa uso? :glee:
    inside the rooms, bibles are available.

They should also include health books regarding family planning, having a child, and STD just peel the eyes of their clients. Hmmm. I do remember a commercial regarding AIDS in Pinas. "AIDS? Dehins ako magkaka-AIDS. Umiinom ako ng vitamins araw-araw." :glee:
    anito is considered to be the "King" of motels and a lucrative business yet the owner upon submitting himself to his new religion prioritized morality over profit (may politico kyang ganito?). he realized that his business tolerates illicit affairs and he would no longer tolerate such thus the implementation of new check in policies. the employees, even if they lose PHP100/day on their earning, are one with King.

i say! this merits a two thumbs up! :cheers:

Ah! One with the King. That may include installing cameras (oh, nuts, they are already installed for a long time) to check if the couples having sex are doing it properly or not. Maybe even have score cards to employees One with the King while watching videos to see if the guy or the girl has an olympic dismount. :lol:

Merits to invade people's privacy. Take it as far as checking how much money they have in the bank, and source of income. Maybe if I invade your (the nossy ones) privacy, it's alright if I find out everything, eh? :D

But then again, there are several Victoria Courts and other non-popular rendezvous other than Anito. :D
  • AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Who needs a motel when you can do it in the back seat of a car! :lol:
  • JeffreywJeffreyw PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Presenting marriage contracts/papers will take time and thus he may lose some clients in the process. I think the owner should change his motel into a pension house or a hostel, or high end apartment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file