Home PEx Family and Society Realm of Thought

Freemasonry

Hi I'm extending an invitation to all freemasons out there to join this forum where we can discuss views, events and whatnots about freemasonry. Thanks and good day...may GAOTU bless us all!

Comments

• Cool. Which lodge do you attend?
  • Paano ba maging freemason? What is the process of joining?
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    three questions regarding rizal:

1. who convinced him to become a mason?
    2. did he remain a freemason until his death?
    3. wasn't he ever invited to join some order in the RC church?

NB: during our rizal studies in college, i deliberately skipped the religious aspects of that lugubrious runt. :D
  • freakster2k1freakster2k1 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i am none of the above.

what am i then? i am merely a being in which is conscious of itself, but not as a 'solid thing' but rather, conscious of my mind and the events that happen, in which i play the key figure. the moment, we become unconscious of the I, and of its place in the universe, we cease to exist. Or in the 'I''s case, the moment we become unconscious of the other, it ceases to exist.

it sounds ****ed up, but it does incorporate, what it ought to incorporate, that of, drastic dynamism that occurs in one life; that of birth and of death.. or in some people, that of married life.
  • freakster2k1freakster2k1 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    oops wrong place.
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    freakster...

:lol:
  • Originally posted by tylerdurden
    Paano ba maging freemason? What is the process of joining?

From what I know (from the Masons I know), someone has to "invite" you to join. You can't just show up at a Lodge and ask for the application form, you have to know somebody inside.

Oh, and you have to believe in God. Any perspective on God is welcomed, from Allah to Brahma to Jehovah. That takes me out of the running, though I'd love to join given the chance.

Tama ba yon, joelm?
  • SpartanSpartan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Why are you discussing this in a public forumn?
  • Wow! Dami agad posts a! Thanks sa mga nag-post!

Anyway...

1. mickeytymoc--malolos lodge # 46 kaw?
    2. tylerdurden-if you want to join, go to a lodge near you and ask for an application form...all you have to believe in is that there is a god...doesn't matter if it's allah, gautama buddha, jesus christ or yahweh...and nope, mason's don't invite people to join their lodges...you have to be willing enough and it is on your own free will and accord to join--so you should come to a lodge...not be 'invited'...
    3. Mac_bolan00's three questions regarding rizal:
    1. who convinced him to become a mason?-dunno man but it was assumed that it was MHDel Pilar with their time in Spain together
    2. did he remain a freemason until his death?---again we can only speculate, some say yes he retracted and some says no, it doesn't matter though...
    3. wasn't he ever invited to join some order in the RC church---dunno but since he is a catholic I would assume yes...again for me it doesn't matter...

4. Spartan-yes...why not?
  • err... daddy ko mason. and he talks about this freely everytime we have questions hehehehe nakakaintriga e :)
  • cramnhojcramnhoj PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The fruit really falls far from the tree.
  • kerbkerb PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    is the demolay org a freemason org too? same or magkaiba? dati sa school namin, you have to be invited to join (parang gmail eh?). it turned out to be an exclusive group and the members are from the same circle of friends or the "in" dudes. alternative to frat and considered themselves as cooler than the rest. just my observation that time.

say spartan, or any other freemason here, can you tell us whats freemason and why it exists?
  • SpartanSpartan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    No, I can not.

The point of the thread is to discuss something that shouldn't be discussed outside the membership. A public forumn is not an appropriate place to discuss it-- but that's just how I feel about the matter.

Still I would be interested to see whatever else comes up in the thread.
  • VeynnVeynn PExer
    Spartan doesn't want his throat to be cut from ear to ear, his tongue torn out by its roots, and his body buried in the rough sands of the sea, or his left brest torn open, his heart plucked out, and given to the beasts of the field and fowls of the air as prey. Right Spartan? ;)
  • salermosalermo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Veynn
    Spartan doesn't want his throat to be cut from ear to ear, his tongue torn out by its roots, and his body buried in the rough sands of the sea, or his left brest torn open, his heart plucked out, and given to the beasts of the field and fowls of the air as prey. Right Spartan? ;)

Why? Do they have OMERTA?;)
  • Originally posted by salermo
    Why? Do they have OMERTA?;)

Yes ;)
  • If you believe those old wives' tales, yes.

It's one thing to swear that in a stylized oath, it's another thing entirely to follow up with action.
  • Originally posted by Spartan
    No, I can not.

The point of the thread is to discuss something that shouldn't be discussed outside the membership. A public forumn is not an appropriate place to discuss it-- but that's just how I feel about the matter.

Still I would be interested to see whatever else comes up in the thread.
    An objectivist here!

As far as i know, this habit of secrecy is just an offshoot of the old days when masons and the RC were literally killing each other. Infiltration into both sides were happening. Also, as I understand it, the jesuit movement sprang out precisely to counter this masonic group(s).

As to how the masons came about (egyptian builders and supposed mental telepaths), I don't know what to believe.
  • kerbkerb PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    it must be some illuminati or skulls and crossbone of sort, a secret society! :). if its supposed to be secretive why then do we have some website here:
    http://www.demolay.org
    Im familiar with the story of the crusades, the knights of templar and jacques demolay coz i like history stuff but i dont know about the demolay secrecy stuff. Afraid from the spies of King Philip the Fair?