Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Problem Area: Hips

I am not fat. Pero I have big hips. What are exercises that would specifically target my problem area?

thanks and appreciate the responses :)

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Spot exercises do not work. You'll have to exercise the whole body to burn the excess calories and fat that's sticking to your hips. Aerobic and any exercise which burn lots of calories (biking, swimming, running, etc.) will help.
  • do you put your weight on your hip while standing? then don't! it's causing your hips to become bigger.....
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    That's not true.
  • Ira's right. I don't know where jaeze got that idea but when you stand up body weight passes through the lower spine, through the hips, through the lower limbs, throught the knees and ultimately ends up in the soles of the feet(heel and balls of feet) which carry the full weight of your body regardless whether you're 50lbs or 500lbs.

If one isn't fat but has wide/big hips then that is what God has blessed you with. There is nothing you can do to diminish your skeleton/bone size which determines the least how wide your hips would be. Fat just builds on that base. You can work/concentrate on your upper body either through the gym, breast implants, etc. to achieve a proportionate look.
  • well, i was taught that it makes the hips look bigger. perhaps it doesn't make the hips become bigger, but they say it makes the hips look bigger. they say that models who don't have hips are made to sit on their hips to make it look bigger....
  • sweetie, if you're born with big thighs then there's nothing you can do about it. it's my problem area too. i'm slim with big thighs. pear-shaped. a lot of ppl say we're blessed because we wouldn't have a hard time giving birth. now i'm not really sure about having kids but maybe they will come in handy in the future. i mean they're there so they probably have some kind of purpose :)