Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

ecogenic focus?

ano po ba ang ibig sabihin ng sonogram sa pregnant na ang fetus ay may ecogenic focus?

Comments

• IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    It will be easier to interpret if you can write down the actual ultrasound interpretation and how old the fetus is during ultrasound. Right now, it's pretty hard to say.
  • 31 weeks pregnant po ako, i had an ultrasound, then my ob scheduled me for second level ultrasound, nakita ko lang sa paper na echogenic focus level II ultrasound, si im scheduled to see a perinatologist & genetic counselor, i was so worried kasi pag nag search ako sa internet about echogenic focus, ang nakikita ko eh down syndrome...ano po ba ang echogenic focus procedure or findings/result?
    please help im only years old kaya i declined afp test...
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    I don't quite see the connection between an AFP test and young age. Your age is exactly the reason why an AFP should be done in the first place. It would have been a lot better if you consented to the procedure sana.

Anyway, an echogenic focus is a "soft sign" of Down's Syndrome. It has to do with abnormal densities within the baby's heart's chords or valves. This abnormality is specifically found in Down's Syndrome kids. However, the echogenic focus likely has more to do with advancements in ultrasound technology than anything else, and if the baby's chromosomal studies turn out normal, your baby is most probably okay and there is no need for further studies to be done. If there is only a finding of echogenic foci at 20 weeks, and no other risk factor is found, the risk of Down's Syndrome is not increased compared to the normal population.
  • salamat po... my sono II will be 2moro i hope & pray everything will be fine....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file