Home PEx Hobbies Music Fans

Camille Velasco [merged]

Yeah. Camille made it to the final 12. I just hope she gets further! Her performance last night was not that spectacular at all, but, what the heck, she's still great for me.

By the way, she kinda looks like Ren?e Zellweger, IMO.

Comments

• hey is she filipina?? she looks so much like it
  • oo nga eh. mukha nga siyang filipina. pati ang name niya parang filipina! pero maganda ang boses niya. :D
  • Ciara-Camile Roque Velasco

* Birth date: Sept. 1, 1985
    * Birthplace: Philippines
    * Ethnicity: One-fourth Irish, one-fourth Spanish, half Filipino
    * School: Finished junior year at St. Anthony on Maui; earned GED two years ago
    * Occupation: Waitress at her family's business, IHOP at the Maui Mall
    * Morale boosters: Mom, Rennie West, and sister Divina, 7, will be in the audience.
    * Ritual before going on stage: "Usually, I say a little prayer. And take deep breaths."
    * Tips for future "Idol" wannabes: "Be yourself, accept criticism gracefully, use it to channel negative energy into positive."
  • My sister has a crush on her (and she's straight!) :glee:
  • yorimotoyorimoto PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Who's Camile Velasco?
  • she's a contestant on American Idol Season 3
  • the Philippine viewers may not know yet that she's in the top 12 though
  • hehe.. what a major spoiler, huh? The fact that she has her own thread already says something! hahahaha....

and they haven't shown the Hawaii auditions in PI yet.

Camile's HOT. Them niggah lips.. woohoo! I just wanna bite 'em!
  • OMIGOSH! filipina nga! all out support ako!

ipakita ang talents ng pinoy! ganda ng boses nya *okay*
  • annieliseannielise PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I like this girl a lot, she shows (as what the 3 AI judges said) a lot of potential. In fact, before she got in, all the judges predicted she would be in the final 12. Simon of all people predicted, "It's gonna be Camile, and I don't care who else."

HOWEVER, she didn't really perform spectacularly for 2 consecutive nights. That's a shame. I could see she was really straining. That Brian McKnight song was sooooo wrong for her. If she continues like this, she will be eaten alive by Diana, Fantasia, Amy Adams, that carrot-top crooner, and Jasmine Trias. (The last 3 are my predictions. Heard Jasmine really rocks.)

I really really hope she improves. Goodluck to you girl.
  • :no: Hala ka baka magalit ang mga Philippine viewers. Just kidding! :D

I posted this on the main A.I. thread but I'll post it here too. Article on Camile Velasco
  • She has to get over her nerves... she looks way to nervous and it shows in her voice... a bit shaky.

But i like her... her voice is very unique and it reminds me of Luaryn Hill (esp. her audition)
  • crybabymakicrybabymaki PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    camille is really beautiful....and she obviously has a very unique voice. but why do i have the feeling shes going to get massacred come finals.

i voted for her a good twenty times last teusday....but even i need to admit that camille has a lot to work on. she needs to get herself a personality thats very camera-friendly. she looks out of it sometimes kasi.

but definitely, camille all the way pa ren *okay*

:heart:
  • Originally posted by sulakihin
    Ciara-Camile Roque Velasco

* Ethnicity: One-fourth Irish, one-fourth Spanish, half Filipino

OT

si jasmine trias kaya ilang percent filipino?
  • I like her *okay*
  • annieliseannielise PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The guy in the pic is her stepfather. She retained her dad's last name Velasco.
  • she's HOT..

she was on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest' today.. and she was talking about what did after Tuesday's performance.. she said she hung out at her Grandma's house.. she referred to her lola as her "nanay"..hehe
  • markpaulmarkpaul PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mainpic_camillev.jpg

She's AMAZING!!